Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"One of Us - Locke" by Polarbear

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: "One of Us - Locke" by Polarbear Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"One of Us - Locke" 07-19-2009
What if god was one one of us.. just a slob like one of us.. just a stranger one of us trying to make his way home. John Locke music video.
Song: One of Us by Joan Osbourne
Vidder: Polarbear
Length: 4:01 (30MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQXsB0rpn8k&
http://rapidshare.com/files/257748492/oneofusdw.wmv

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay; new Paul vid! how epic is this song? would never have thought it meshed with Locke so perfectly, but it does! i loved the parts about 'heaven and jesus and the saints and all the prophets.' the use of charlie's dream there was great; and boone as jesus also loved the scene for 'just a slob' and i love how you showed locke's involvement in moments on the island, like helping mike save walt and charlie with his guitar; really clever and evi's ad!!! lol; i loved that all the TV stuff was great loved the end too he'd love you for that paul

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

Awesome! Kat summed it up in a word, EPIC.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

Amazing, Paul! Absolutely awesome! Enjoyed every minute of it!
Karowyn
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

that fitted so perfectly, well done
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love this one paul i think i watched it about 10 times now. The song is perfect for locke. Your manips were brill as always. Perfect

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

Firstly, YAY Paul's back! Loved it! The song choice was awesome for a start, you made it fit so well for Locke I loved all the "God is great, God is good" bits and the slob parts I really loved the heaven part too and how you had the halos on Charlie & Eko, very cool!! How you snuck Evi's advert in there gave me a chuckle Ooh and I nearly forgot hehe the ending was awesome too! Super duper stuff
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

lol I can see that Locke is a bit Godly! The lyric interpretation was particularly clever in this and I liked the chorus parts mostly haha
Gold!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

PAUL! Where have you been, I've missed you around here so much and your incredible vids!! Welcome back!!

Anyways...YAY! Joan Osbourne! This is my favorite song by her by far, and it totally rocked as a Locke video. This was utterly genious and superbly done. Your coloring was stunningly beautiful in the ENTIRE video, my eyes were never ever bored. Your beat use, and editing, were absolutely amazingly done..I cannot get over how talented you are!! Ahh! I want my editing to be like yours! I got the chills of how this song ruled over my heart with the fabulous beat use to those drum beats...I am such a sucker for that! I got the chills at 0:37 to 0:40 after Locke said "You wanna know a secret?" that was perfect! Your lyric interpetation was awesome....I don't think I could have done it better. I loved how you showed how great Locke is, helping Charlie, helping Sun, helping Jack and just being great! My favorite part had to be "In things like heaven and Jesus and the saints" you had Mr. Eko and Charlie with halos! OMG wow Paul! The coloring there was soo pretty too I loved "and all the profits" you had Ben with his hands tied. I thought it was great for "nobody calling on the phone" there was no Helen, but Christain was on the phone...just amazing work! I can't get over it! Locke is one of the best characters ever, and this is such an amazing Locke video but not just that but a Lost video too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, the ending was amazing
Spoiler:

Locke looking at the video on screen

wow!! I showed it to my mom and she gasped at that part! She was like "how does he do that?" LOL You rock Paul!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

Paul - okay, seriously. You need to do this as a career. You are by far one of the most talented vidders on this website. I love your little easter eggs and your editing/beat use is brilliant.

That said, this was amazing work, as per usual. I loved the coloring and I think this is a really great song for Locke. Your lyric interpretation was so great and wow, you just reminded me how awesome Locke is!! Oh and kudos on using Evi's date-line ad thing. that was hilarious!! It's those little details that I love so much about your videos. Welcome back to LVI!!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments much appreciated and glad to be back!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

First of all I love the song, one of my all time faves ever since I heard it on Joan of Arcadia lol. Wow it worked perfect for Locke didn't it lol.
Awesome job on this, and yay for seeing a new vid from you
Your beat was great also.
I loved your clip choice as well, I loved the part with Boone and then Hurley very cool I loved the parts with Walt as well with the way Locke has always had this thing with him.
Awesome job on this Paul One of my fave vids by you
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

First of all I love the song, one of my all time faves ever since I heard it on Joan of Arcadia lol. Wow it worked perfect for Locke didn't it lol.
Awesome job on this, and yay for seeing a new vid from you
Your beat was great also.
I loved your clip choice as well, I loved the part with Boone and then Hurley very cool I loved the parts with Walt as well with the way Locke has always had this thing with him.
Awesome job on this Paul One of my fave vids by you
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

Thanks Charlee!
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: One of Us - Locke by Polarbear Reply with quote

This vid is awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: