Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjmack1986 wrote:
I found like the most perfect song for this contest, but I was wondering if we were allowed to use Bloopers from the seasons?

You surely can! There's no restriction on the Lost footage.

Yay, I can hardly wait to see what y'all are going to come up with!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks Aislynn, I can't wait to get started
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo! This is such a cool contest!!

Quick question, is it ok for it to be AU?
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, AUs are fine!
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im so glad you guys are doing this contest!!!! I really wish i wasn't busy this month or i would try and enter! I cant wait to see what everyone comes up with though!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have my song....my mom was born in 52 so she was in her early 20s in the 70s...and she's a music-nut to boot so she gave me some ideas for a song. I'll be dedicating this vid to her
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few questions regarding the contest.
To me there are 2 forms of psychedelic songs,ones that have a psychedelic sound and ones that have pychedelic lyrics but lack the signature sound.For example the 60's songs Hair or Happy Together are songs I consider to have a psychedelic sound,where as The Beatles Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds describes a psychedelic experience but doesn't have what I consider a psychedelic sound. So are you looking for videoes that have a psychedelic sound or ones that contain lyrics that describe a psychedelic experience?Or are both forms accepted?

Can I use a song that was first released in the 60's but remade in the 70's if I use the 70's version in my video?

If I have a compilation record released in the 70's that contains songs the band originally released in the 60's do the songs count as 70's songs because a record containing them was released in the 70's? Or are they still 60's songs because that is when they were originally released?

I want to make sure my idea of psychedelic matches other peoples idea of what songs are and are not psychedelic.

I love 70's music so I think this contest will be fun.

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macaila, we'll discuss your questions and get back to you as soon as possible!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are our answers for you, Macaila!

1. Psychedelic sound in a song vs lyrics that describe a psychedelic experience or both?

Either or both is acceptable to us. Just keep in mind that you want your vid to have a strong psychelic, abstract, trippy look and feel, so you'll want to visually emphasize that with whatever song you pick. Whether it's the words or the sounds in the song, as long as you make a vid that fits the proper look and feel, you should be fine!

2. Song released in the 60's but remade in the 70's

That would be fine, as long as the song you use is the version that was made and released in the 70's, it doesn't matter where the original song was from.

3. Compilation 60's record released in the 70's

Because the original songs were from the 60's, then we'd ask you not to use them, even if the compilation record was released in the 70's. The songs themselves were still 60's songs in that case.

Hope that answers your questions! Have fun!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering my questions.I'll go back over my song ideas now and see which one I think would work the best for a psychedelc video.

Macaila
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got inspired so we'll see if I can pull it off!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm uploading my contest entry to YT and Zshare right now. Had a quick question though.

I know I'm using alot of trippy effects and the song is slightly longer than 5 minutes, so the video will be almost 6 1/2 minutes (sorry , I know it's recommended at being 3-5...but I'd be ruining the song if I chopped it up), so....when I go to render (this is my first vid made with SV 9 Platinum)...the render said it would be around 28MB....and it wound up being a whopping 599MB! It's a WMV and I have never have a WMV that big before. I dunno if anyone has this same program, but does it take forever and a day to render? I know with my SV6 it was churned right out, didn't take long for stuff to get rendered.

Did I render it wrong somehow? I know I used a lot of effects and the song is slightly longer, but 600MB? This new SV seems a little wacky.

Any ideas? I'm at 50% on Zshare and probably about 75% on YT....and I started the uploads....over an hour ago. They'll be done soon, but I want to make sure that my next video does not have this same situation.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, that sounds like you're rendering into some sort of HQ because that's rare for WMV to just have ended up that big, even at that length. What's the pixel size? If it's 600-ishx400-ish or larger, that could explain it. I'm not familiar with that version of Vegas, but if it has a preset render setting like the older versions have, that sounds like what's probably doing it, making the quality/size up pretty high, which will equal a huge size, even in WMV. Have you tried rendering something shorter just as a test to see if it comes out at that huge MB size as well?

Actually, while we recommend 3 - 5 minutes, the entire rule reads:

Quote:
• -Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.

In other words, 5 minutes is the maximum, which you're over by quite a bit. Are you sure you can't cut the song/vid down?
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I cut the song down, I'll ruin it. Even so, I've already gotten it rendered and uploaded and submitted, which took all day yesterday, and to start over would be a nightmare.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried rendering under the Default WMV setting? Its gives HQ with pretty decent file size. Or trying rendering 512Kbps, lower HQ but also lower file size. They're under the Template menu when you go File, Render As

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: