Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"I Never Told You What I Do For A Living" by raego

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raegoat
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living" by raego Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"I Never Told You What I Do For A Living" 02-26-2009
A video about the killers, con-men, and other generally unsavory people on Lost.
Song: I Never Told You What I Do For A Living by My Chemical Romance
Vidder: raegoat
Length: 4:02 (48.5KB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.imeem.com/people/FTcs1Do/video/BZggwSSr/mona_lost_i_never_told_you_what_i_do_for_a_living
http://www.zshare.net/video/5621502418d584e4/

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh; very cool idea I love seeing the evil sides of our losties I would have used those beats a lot more personally; punches on the beats and so forth ;P but still enjoyable to watch! great vid

khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: I Never Told You What I Do For A Living by raegoat Reply with quote

Very cool! That's one of my favorite MCR songs and you definitely chose great clips to go along with it =)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
raegoat
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: I Never Told You What I Do For A Living by raegoat Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! littleton_pace, thanks for the advice. It is my first video, so any feedback is really appreciated.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: I Never Told You What I Do For A Living by raegoat Reply with quote

Cool video! Great song choice.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: I Never Told You What I Do For A Living by raegoat Reply with quote

That was great for a first vid! Great idea, great song choice, and some good lyric interpretation in there as well. Nice job! Keep up the great work!
raegoat
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Uluviel and eloramoon!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw your request in the feedback thread

I thought you did a really great job with pairing up clips with lyrics, especially for this being your first vid. Perfect song choice too.

In terms of constructive crit, the only thing I would say is to split some of the clips up a bit more so they don't run so long, and to play with the beats more (though that's more a personal preference).

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty good for your first video. I liked the choice of clips, and how you placed them. But the song, in my opinion, wasn't right, it was a little hard to understand what they were saying and it didn't *really* go with some of the clips I thought, but some parts were at the right lyric which is good, and it is good to try to match the clips to the beat/lyrics, makes a video a little better and shows more of the creativity of making a video in general, I think.

But other than that, I liked your first video and I will be looking forward to more of them.

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, So just watched your vid and I really liked it. I think you did a good job telling everyone's story. As far as the song I think it worked...not really my type of song but it kind of added to the crazy chaos of everything. The only bit of crit. I have is that I think some of the scenes went on for a little too long. I think you could have worked with the beat a little bit better....but hey this was your first vid! So you should be proud! Much better then my first vid thats for sure!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
raegoat
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, guys. And yeah, don't worry about not liking the song. It's My Chemical Romance, I know it isn't everyone's type. But I thought it went well, so I made a video.

Wildcat, can I ask why you didn't think the song was right? I mean, if you see this again, of course. I understand it was hard to understand the singer, so is that the only problem? Or is it just you didn't feel like the lyrics fit, or that the mood was right, or what?

And which clips were too long? How long should clips be in these things?
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...so I saw your request in the feedback thread. First off I gotta say, terrific job on your first video. So much better than my first video

As far as constructive crit goes. I agree with some of the others as far as the clips going on a bit to long. I used to have the same problem, and I still tend to struggle with it from time to time. What I've been told by a few people is to try to keep the clips to about five seconds or shorter for any particular scene.

Also, if you try to work a bit with the beat, and I know in these more rock induced ones it's kind of hard to grab a good hold of the beat, I really think it'll make your video move along much more smoothly.

And to answer your question...one of the scenes really jumping out at me at the moment is the Jin scene when he's washing the blood from his hands. I know that there were a couple more, but their not coming to me at the moment.

Otherwise great job! I never heard of this MCR song, but it sounds really awesome, and sounds like it goes with the video very well!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Thanks. I didn't know the general rule for length, so thanks for letting me know.

And the part with Jin doesn't work? Hm. I thought it did, the words there are "A stain that never comes off" which is why I chose that.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: