Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Would?" by xgene
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: "Would?" by xgene Reply with quote

"Would?" 09-30-2006
Charlie vid. Mostly based on his drug problem. Splashed in some faith, Claire and Locke. Angst...I think.
Song: Would? by Alice in Chains
Vidder: xgene
Length: 3:33 (12.9 WMV)

Link(s): http://www.zshare.net/video/charlie-aic_-wmv.html
http://www.badongo.com/vid/210687
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONJSniZatg
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully done! Living proof that you can make an elegant, well-edited, well-planned and very awesome vid on WMM! Great choice of transitions and effects, excellent choice of clips (very artistically put together), FANTASTIC beat use *hearts beat use* and just an over-all great vid!

I really enjoyed it!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!! GREAT song, well-edited, well-planned, great effects!! Love it!!

And did I mention, AWESOME song?? lol
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Beautifully done! Living proof that you can make an elegant, well-edited, well-planned and very awesome vid on WMM! Great choice of transitions and effects, excellent choice of clips (very artistically put together), FANTASTIC beat use *hearts beat use* and just an over-all great vid!

I really enjoyed it!

You always know how to make me feel good about my vids, thanks !!
Oh WMM...no matter how much I get better using it, I still wish I could upgrade like everyone else is LoL. Thanks for the compliment though, you're awesome

Uruviel THANK YOU!! LoL, the song is awesome. This was actually going to be my "next" video after another I had planned using another Alice in Chains song, but this song was just crying out to be done. Weird thing is, I don't even like Charlie all too much!! LoL

P.S.~ Sorry to all those looking for a youtube link. For some reason this vid has horrible quality on "the tube", it was like looking at a screen full of dark pixels. No matter what format I used or the way I saved it, the darn vid always looked crappy. Again, sorry for this but hoipefully zshare works for you all as I may have to only use it for this and future vids (quality is much better, actually I hope you use this as a primary for all my old vids too). Anyways, enough rambling...

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Charlie13
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, good editing. It is nice to have a Charlie vid that is not always sappy! As a Charlie vidder I try to be pro-charlie but I like this Charlie gone bad vid too
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!!! A great Charlie vid filled with angst & drugs on a rockin loud song!!! Those are my favorites kind of vid! Add to that awesome beat use and me very very happy!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:
P.S.~ Sorry to all those looking for a youtube link. For some reason this vid has horrible quality on "the tube", it was like looking at a screen full of dark pixels. No matter what format I used or the way I saved it, the darn vid always looked crappy. Again, sorry for this but hoipefully zshare works for you all as I may have to only use it for this and future vids (quality is much better, actually I hope you use this as a primary for all my old vids too).

I can recommend Badongo as a good place for a secondary link. They allow both streaming and downloading, which is nice, and they last for a lot longer than zshare's 10 (?) days as well. I've been going through and replacing most of my old, expired Putfile or whatver links with Badongo ones and so far I've had good luck with them. Just thought I'd pass that on!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also recommend Badongo but only because it is the cutest name ever!!!!11

Great vid by the way. I really enjoyed the beat use and your clip choice was awesome.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie13 Thanks for the comment. Well, I tend to like to go for the angst in my vids a lot so...yeah, glad you lliked it

cylune Lol, ROCK ON!!! Haha, thanks for the comment, it makes me happy

Aislynn I uploaded to the site but I'm not seeing where I can stream my vid...I can download it but I can't view it like youtube...maybe I'm just stupid...

Polarbear Thanks for the comment That is a pretty darn cute name, lol

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:
Aislynn I uploaded to the site but I'm not seeing where I can stream my vid...I can download it but I can't view it like youtube...maybe I'm just stupid...

Heya, xgene (do you prefer "gene" "xg" "x" or just to stick to your full username or some other variation, BTW? ). I grabbed one of my own Badongo links at random. Does it come up as a streaming window (it's the plug-in to Window Media Player judging by the look of the controls, I'd say... )? http://www.badongo.net/vid/184612

It should, with a "To download this movie" link underneath it. Also, if you'd like me to check it out, send me your Badongo link and I'll see if it streams in for me.

Or I can go fly a kite.

Why I'm pressing the matter is I just want to make sure you're not having some weird "streaming codec WMP error thingie" or something that might could be fixed.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I really like this. I'm not a huge charlie fan but this vid is good. Nice quick cuts. I like how the transitions seemed to reflect mood if that makes a difference. Sometimes they don't make sense, these did. Really well done.
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Heya, xgene (do you prefer "gene" "xg" "x" or just to stick to your full username or some other variation, BTW? ). I grabbed one of my own Badongo links at random. Does it come up as a streaming window (it's the plug-in to Window Media Player judging by the look of the controls, I'd say... )? http://www.badongo.net/vid/184612

It should, with a "To download this movie" link underneath it. Also, if you'd like me to check it out, send me your Badongo link and I'll see if it streams in for me.

Or I can go fly a kite.

Why I'm pressing the matter is I just want to make sure you're not having some weird "streaming codec WMP error thingie" or something that might could be fixed.

Oh, I totally appreciate your recommendation to use Badongo, just to make that clear it's just I can become extremely "handicapped" when it comes to certain things.

LoL, you can call me whatever you want, I get the same question for my real name, lol. The point is I'll know you're addressing me so whatever strikes your fancy

here's the link: http://www.badongo.com/vid/210604
when I see it, it goes directly to a download...( I still have the page up that you get once you upload a vid and I'll keep it up till I find out how to use this host site, lol )

Oh, and go fly a kite lol!

SuperKC Aww...thanks for the comment. I appreciate how you seemed to understand my choice of transitions. Thanks again BTW, I am so not a Charlie fan, just he fit this song better than anyone and I wanted to vid using this song, lol.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am so not a Charlie fan

Word.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:
here's the link: http://www.badongo.com/vid/210604
when I see it, it goes directly to a download...( I still have the page up that you get once you upload a vid and I'll keep it up till I find out how to use this host site, lol )

Okay, that's weird because it's doing the same thing to me... *ponders*

Hm, I tried uploading a very small clip just now and it worked fine as both streaming and downloading. That's just weird!

One thing I do notice, the link to my vid says badongo.net and yours is a .com... That's gotta be the problem but I don't know why it did that...

The "on-topic" part of my post:

Still a VERY COOL VID!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: