Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pitch your quick-contest/event!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Pitch your quick-contest/event! Reply with quote

If we DO do a contest for this month, it would need to be something really simple that wouldn't take much thought to do, and only a few hours of vidding. Alternatively, we could still hold an event of some sort too. We'd like to do somethign this month, despite it being such a busy time, but it's obvious a full-fledged contest would be pretty tough to do.
So here's your chance. What do you want to do for the rest of this month? Any good, easy, doable ideas could, and probabaly will, be done!

So, any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A chalenge in which you make a vid that's only about 1:30 which by the end of it people are very confused Her'es that example I posted with it when I suggested this months ago.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=KatieIsLost
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

short ad crossovers under 2 mins would be good!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
A chalenge in which you make a vid that's only about 1:30 which by the end of it people are very confused

that describes a little vid I made recently perfectly. and so I like this idea. lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u asking for easy vidding contest? hows about a nice little slideshow or something? thats totally easy... wouldnt take that long either... just choosing a good song would be the hardest part
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say a commercial thing OR a crossover both under 2 minutes ( th commercial should be under a mitnue)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossover was May, Ally.

Another idea: How to NOT do a vid. Quite simple to make a really crappy video in a couple hours . Then give a song used all the time (i.e. Dare You To Move) to use If that makes sense
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea would be to do like a Lost Fashion Island thing. Plus sizes for Hurley, even oversized kids clothing for Walt. The always fashionable cargo pants for Kate, etc. etc.

Does anybody get what I'm saying? I think it'd be cool.

Banner: Shinythings
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is for July but I wanted to pitch this for September. Althoguh I'm sure you already know what you're doing.

That season 2 promo made by Karasmatik was really great. In celebration of the secon season premiere, this month's contest could be to make a season 2 "promo" using clips from Season 1.

That's it.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
I know this is for July but I wanted to pitch this for September. Althoguh I'm sure you already know what you're doing.

That season 2 promo made by Karasmatik was really great. In celebration of the secon season premiere, this month's contest could be to make a season 2 "promo" using clips from Season 1.

That's it.

If it were a month sooner, then I would be agreeing with you. But by the end of September, Season 2 will already be in swing, so it kinda defeats the purpose of the whole contest, as I see it Plus, that vid was just so awesome that I highly doubt it can be improved, no matter how many people send in theirs! Heheh.... Bernard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout trying to explain all the island's mysteries with quotes and clips from the show? crazy plug by me
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
How bout trying to explain all the island's mysteries with quotes and clips from the show? crazy plug by me

LMAO I can just picture the monster: <<insert stupid and funny monster description here>>
Lets go with.... "Nate on a Hangover!"?
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Nate's hungover with extra jet lag.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: