Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help, Youtube deleted my latest video!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akirehtur
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Help, Youtube deleted my latest video! Reply with quote

HELP!
My latest vid "Open your eyes (Lost/Prison Break)" got deleted by youtube! I got a message about "Twentieth Century Fox claiming that this material is infringing"!
Do you know any way I can get it back or prevent this from happening again? The message said that they could deleate my account if this happend again and that would really REALLY suck because I don't have my vids left on my computer... I do have the latest one left so I'm gonna upload it again, but I'm worried they'll deleate my account...

Please tell me if you know what I should do...
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhhmmm, I don't think it's a good idea to post that same vid on Youtube again. I got a similar message when I posted a video with NBC Olympics footage in it and I didn't re-post it. Maybe you could try a different hosting site, like Zshare?
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG THAT TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!

but unfortunately there's no way to prevent it from happening. Technically all of us that have videos up there for whatever fandom are breaking their copyright laws even though we make no profit off of it :S

If you don't have hard copies of your vids on your comp; i wouldn't chance loading it again to be honest. Maybe make a video with just text files explaining what happened and provide a download link?

I got a message once for using Better Than Me by Hinder but they allowed the vid to stay up as long as I allowed them to advertise stuff on the same page which is cool by me but it's just another one of those red tape things :S If anything we're PROMOTING their shows; I dunno why we get punished for it :S

Akirehtur
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bummer...
The weird thing is that you can still watch it on the youtube link here on LVI... Do you think that's just temporary? :S

Anyway, I'm not gonna upload it on youtube again and risk my whole account... I'll just have it on Zshare then
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's suckish
I know if you try and upload it again it won't go back on because it will automatically come up with a warning it happened with my Lost/James Bond Trailer
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.dailymotion.com/ is probably your best bet. Be cool if we had dailymotion encoding on the site too so we'd have a back up *hint* warren *hint*

I once got done for using a Prince song. You just never know who'll come and eff up your YT account but I usually limit what I put in the tags because that's how they find you.

You can download your YT videos with this firefox plugin: http://lifehacker.com/software/exclusive-lifehacker-download/better-youtube-firefox-extension-319925.php Best to download them in high quality if youre gonna reupload though.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I hate to hear that it got taken down! I've just really adored that vid! I'm so glad you still have a copy, though, and I hope you do host it some place downloadable because I'd definitely love to have a copy that can't disappear like that!

There's really not a lot you can do to stop that from happening because YouTube has strengthened their anti-copyright infringement measures (because they don't want to be sued by the studios themselves), so it's pretty much just a matter of time before they catch all of us, I guess. Some studios like 20th Century Fox won't allow their material to be used at all, some like Universal Music Group will allow songs by their musicians to be used so long as an ad is placed on your vids page. So it's all a matter of which studios footage or music you've used, whether or not that company will allow it to stay up at YouTube with an ad or will demand it be taken down.

Wish they'd all just realize that vidding is free advertisement for their products! Anyway, sorry again that that happened to you!
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just happened to me today to a video that has been on youtube for more than two years. I got home and found this email from youtube regarding my "A Girl Worth Fighting For" video:

Quote:
Video Disabled

A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video A Girl Worth Fighting For. The audio content identified in your video is A Girl Worth Fighting For by Harvey Fierstein & Matthew Wilder & Lea Salonga & James Hong & J. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback due to a music rights issue.

I am not the only one who has used this song, there are still videos with this song active on youtube. I am just so frustrated by this. And then youtube doesn't have an email adress to ask why my video was attacked and not someone elses. I mean I credit the songwriters and Disney in the credits at the end, and lots of people don't even do that much.
(the one consolation...the putfile link still works.)
I wonder if they would have a problem with me singing the song instead of the movie's performers.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cries* Youtube just deleted my Lost Juliet vid "Keep Breathing" I guess ingrid michealson isn't allowed...this really sucks b/c I have another Lost vid to Ingrid Michealson, I'm sure its only a matter o time before they take it down. They have really been targeting my channel lately. I get an e-mail almost everyday ...but so far this is the first one they have removed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear houseofpolarbear,

Video Disabled

A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video Black Clouds - Mr. Eko. The audio content identified in your video is Black Clouds by Papa Roach. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback, due to a music rights issue.

Replace Your Audio with AudioSwap

Don't worry, we have plenty of music available for your use. Please visit our AudioSwap library to learn how you can easily replace the audio in your video with any track from our growing library of fully licensed songs.

Other Options

If you think that there's been a mistake or you have other questions, please visit the Copyright Notice page in your account.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Content Identification Team

erp :s is it 2 or 3 instances of this you're allowed?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs* every time I get an e-mail from youtube I freak out for a second until I realize its not a deletion notice....ahhh...but its only a matter of time before they get another.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube delete 5 of my videos!!!One of them was Jate Say All I need and yes im not the only who used that song i check if other vids with the sae song are still live and they are !!!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that SUX anna!!!!! evil youtube :S:S:S can you get another download link up? cos that's one of your tourney vids!! grr :S:S:S:S

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pruedens wrote:
YouTube delete 5 of my videos!!!One of them was Jate Say All I need and yes im not the only who used that song i check if other vids with the sae song are still live and they are !!!!

why don't you just create another youtube account and upload the vids they deleted there...that's what I'm doing...my back up account is http://www.youtube.com/NikkiMonique27

pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
that SUX anna!!!!! evil youtube :S:S:S can you get another download link up? cos that's one of your tourney vids!! grr :S:S:S:S

http://www.imeem.com/pruedens/video/5mNQbVv4/pruedens_jack_and_kate_say_all_i_need_tv_video/ for stream

and i will upload it ni zshare again where to i have to put the new link!!???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: