Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Absence of Fear - Skate" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: "Absence of Fear - Skate" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Absence of Fear - Skate" 01-26-2009
Sawyer helps Kate get past her abusive memories of Wayne. Please be aware that the beginning of this video is graphic and might bother some viewers.
Song: Absence of Fear by Jewel
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 3:45 (53MB mov)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes
http://namastenikki.ning.com/video/absence-of-fear-skate
http://www.vimeo.com/2966158
http://www.zshare.net/video/546930145d748ef0/ [/b]

Last edited by nikkimonique on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, nikki loved this! like i said on vimeo; the aaron scenes at the end were so cute I loved the darkness at the start tho; especially sawyer waking up to the empty bed and kate in the bath. creepy scenes of her and wayne tho *shudders* but it worked with the vid i love the audio. "I ain't gonna hold it against you freckles', really worked so well in this vid! and you used some beat use in there; woo!! another awesome AU!!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was proud of my little beat use scene in there! LOL I don't use beat use much so I get all excited when I get something work out, b/c its so hard for me for some reason. Thanks for mentioning that Sawyer line in the bar. It was one of my favs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw I really enjoyed that. The scenes played out perfectly for the story Sawyer and Kate married with a baby made me smile. I really liked the start aswell with the audio sounded like Kate.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! I love that, even with so dark a beginning, it was still a lovely Skate vid with such a hopeful ending! I just adore seeing protective!Sawyer! *draws hearts around him* ♥!

Fantastic audio and video manipping! Really great work! ♥♥♥!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Thanks! Really makes me happy that you enjoyed this so much! *hugs*

Ais, I love protective Sawyer too! He's so damn good at it! Thanks for watching! *hugs*

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was amazing! you are such a great vidder!
although you could've done it easily with jate just kidding, this made me like skate a bit...but i hasten to add only A BIT! lol just a very powerful poignant AU. Gold without a doubt!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Rosie...yes I could have easily made it Jate...but I make so many Jate AUs...I needed a change...I'm glad I could sway you to the Skate side just a bit.

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh Nikki this was so awesomeee! It was very deep and emotional and you really went to the extreme with this vid which was totally cool, you took a challenge. I liked all of your audio manips--my favorite was "he used to get drunk and hurt me" and Sawyer telling Kate he would keep her safe, aww I love Skate Awesome job

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, Nikki, I really liked this! One of your best vids, I think. I LOVED how Sawyer was being so sweet and protective. The end was cute - it made me smile and giggle. XD All the audio was really good. I particularly liked when Sawyer told her not to beat herself up, it was sweet. Awesome vid!

art by me&tammy
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Absence of Fear - Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

That was so cute!! (In a way! lol) The beginning was so powerful, with the voiceover aswell. And I liked the continuing theme of her "beating herself up" - Like, when Sawyer told her not to, and then a bit later on, she said that she wasn't. That was cool. And it kinda showed how she was messed up by her past experiences and couldn't sort out how the felt about it all. The whole story was just really moving and powerful. This is one of my new faves of yours!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, great vid, Nikki! I've missed your Skate AUs. Sawyer was so sweet, I loved it! I liked the part about playing house, and then they got married, yay! Great job!

icon by becca
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Absence of Fear - Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Nik, You already know how I feel about this vid, but I wanted to share with everyone...I LOVED it. Not a Skate fan, but learning...only cause you're such a great teacher! Vid wise...I love the audio at the beginning, and the opening images are so powerful...not just the graphic scenes. One of the most heartbreaking scenes are Kate in the bathtub...she just looks so small. I DID love protective Sawyer, my fave is when Sawyer took her in his arms when she was crying. And YAY! A happy ending! Love it! <3 <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid, Nikki! The end is so sweet!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great video, Nikki! The song fit it well and you did so good with the storytelling and the different clips and audio. Well done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: