Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"We Fall Down" by Captain Freya
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: "We Fall Down" by Captain Freya Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"We Fall Down" 08-23-2008
Two seemingly happy young couples are torn apart by the adoption of a baby. WARNING - Theres a lil bit of sexy stuff in this.
Song: We Fall Down by Dana Parish
Vidder: Captain Freya
Length: 5:27 (30.7MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5qntqQPVEw
http://www.sendspace.com/file/93w43x

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I loved that! Really fantastic job comparing the two couples (never thought about them having that much in common before, lol! )! I was also very impressed that you kept your beat use going even in the midst of all of those manips and AU moments! And wow, that ending! *thumbs up* Great work, hon!
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: We Fall Down by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks Aislynn.. I'm a bit of a beat use junkie! I'm glad you liked that ending.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Files!! Squee!!! I used to be such an X-Files junkie (actually, I've only recently bought a box with all nine seasons ), so I positively freaked when I noticed your vid.
I loved the comparison and the storytelling is quite excellent! Great idea of having both couples falling apart because of the adoption of baby William. The ending gave me goose bumps... wow, just wow!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: We Fall Down by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks Karolina. That's awesome to hear, coming from another X Files fan. I know the boxset you mean - I'm considering buying it myself, even though I totally can't afford it.. Oh well!
I'm really glad you liked the ending. I really didn't want to end it in such an insanely tragic way, but the clips just seemed perfect for it.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I want to say Thank you so much for the dedication!! The ending actually made me cry b/c you put the dedication right at the ending scene , which was soo sad and those two things combined really got me! Okay so now I have to go back to the beginning and tell you all my favorite parts! I really loved the beginning when the song sounded like it was rewinding and the clips were going in reverse, very effective not to mention cool looking! I loved all your little flashes on the piano beats!! I loved the wedding scene with Jack and Kate...it looked so realistic the way they were both smiling at each other! Oh and the Mulder/Scully wedding!! Too cool! that actually looked really good. My favorite part of the entire video was the baseball/golf scene! That was so cute it nearly killed me!! Oh and my favorite manip has got to be the wink Mulder gives Scully in the bath! OMG...how cute and clever Freya!! I loved the "I'm not pregnant" "I'm pregnant" sequence....I loved how you put that scene together!! Oh and that ("Kulder or shall we call them "Mate" LOL I like Mate....) sex scene was so hot and realistic looking! I loved how Scully saw Kate leave! Congrats on pulling that off! Okay, so I think those were all my favorite parts! Although I could go on forever. See I told you I'd leave you a novel!! Thanks for making this Freya! I love you! *hugs*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: We Fall Down by Captain Freya Reply with quote

That was really good! I loved how creative you were with the Mulder/Scully manips, like when Mulder asked Scully to marry him. And the wedding almost looked real! I couldn't even figure out which episode the clip was from. The golf/baseball part had to be my favourite too, just because it was so sweet and because I've always loved both of those scenes. One thing bothered me though: What happened to baby William in the midst of all the craziness at the end?
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: We Fall Down by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Nikki - Thank you soooooo much for that wonderful comment. That was just so sweet and detailed and lovely. Those are all my favourite bits aswell Nikki... And I like the name "Mate" aswell. They're my new favourite non-ship. Anyhoo, since you kind of inspired me to make this, I'm so glad that you liked it

And thanks Athena Alexandria. Glad you liked it. I know what you mean about William's unresolved story... I considered having a little clip of a boy to show that he'd stayed with Jack and was feeling all neglected but I couldn't think of a good clip I could use so I decided to just forget it. In the end, I kinda settled on the idea that William had been taken back by Social Services because none of them were in a fit state to look after him... but I didn't bother actually showing that. But now you know!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow; that was soooo awesome freya!!! i love your crazy Au's!! they work so well!! this was so genius! i loved it all; it was so clever and well thought out. i can see all the effort you put into it and it totally paid off i love the parallel's of mulder and scully's life with Jack and kate's i loved the downward sprial of both and then them intertwining. and OMG, the ending?!?! did not expect that!! simply awesome!

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: We Fall Down by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Yay!! This vid was totally awesome Freya! I think you did a really great job with all the manips - it was wonderful! I especially love the comparison between the couples in the beginning. I don't think the sexy scenes were too much - they were actually quite perfect and fit in with the vid really well. I loved the end! Oh, so angsty!!

My one little wee problem was that I couldn't understand the audio at the part where Scully gives William away. I can tell she's crying, but I can't make out the words - the audio was a little weird there.

But other than that itty bitty thing, the rest was magnificent!! Wonderful job, darling!!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great story to the whole vid and as I said on YT loved how you mirrored the couples. Beat use was sweet too.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: We Fall Down by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks Kat. Glad the ending was nice and shocking
And cheers Abby - I loved the whole comparison bit aswell. Twas fun to do. I know what you mean about that bit of audio. I'm not that great at controlling the audio on Vegas at the moment but I think I made it as loud as I could have. She's kinda whispering though.. which is inconvienient! She says "Shouldn't I choose that he never have to be afraid? And can I ever really promise him that?" then some woman says "But who can?" That bit of audio wasn't really integral to the story so it's not too big of a deal that it gets a bit lost.
And thanks again Paul... The beat use was a bitch to do so I'm glad it looked good.
Oooh.. and thanks everyone for my gold VP! Yay!
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: We Fall Down by Captain Freya Reply with quote

WOW!!! GREAT video!!! The storyline was really great and the editing was perfect!!! And the ending!!! That was SO shocking!!! Awesome job with this!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My one little wee problem was that I couldn't understand the audio at the part where Scully gives William away. I can tell she's crying, but I can't make out the words - the audio was a little weird there.

I could understand it but that might be b/c I have X-files dialog memorized in my crazy brain...but yeah no worries Freya...sometimes there isn't much you can do when they whisper....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thanks Buffy Fan.
And thanks Nikki - Yeah, I only really left it in to show that there was some kinda reason for giving him away. And I've kinda got the same memorising thing going at the moment - I pretty much know all the dialogue but only from the clips I have! lol..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: