Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Crash" by KajaM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: "Crash" by KajaM Reply with quote

"Crash" 08-13-2006
Inspired by the wonderful Crash movie trailer. This is the Lost version of it. Enjoy!
Song: In The Deep by Bird York
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 2:10 (10.4MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.zshare.net/video/77559122b9374d/
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed would be posting first if he were just but here right now. So I'm holding his place for him...

THIS POST RESERVED FOR ED

But since I'm here, I'll review as well...

That was awesome, Kaja! I loved the ethereal mix of audio clips with the "Crash" under the water scenes. That was just beautiful all the way around!

Okay, so I can't actually make Ed's post come first, sorry. But this was the next best thing.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my post doesn't count as "real" post, of course, as I'm the vidder, but I wanted to make some comments on this vid.

First of all: Thanks for your feedback, Aislynn! *hug* My next vid here at the LVI will be the Ultimate Claire Shipper Vid, I promise! I tried to finish it this weekend, but got stuck with the final two scenes.

Now some comments:

1.) I so love "Crash"! It's such a wonderful, touching movie... if you haven't seen it yet, you absolutely have to watch it!
2.) Here's the original trailer by which this one here was inspired. The song "In The Deep" is played towards the end of the trailer:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/crash/large.html
3.) The writings were taken from the original trailer and the guy swimming in the sea... well, that's Gary Lightbody, singer of Snow Patrol, because those scenes are from the "Chasing Cars" vid.
4.) I'm not wholly satisfied with some of the voice overs. Vegas is not the best programme when it comes to audio. Are there any audio plug-ins or something like that to improve the audio quality in Vegas?

Well, that's all.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
The writings were taken from the original trailer and the guy swimming in the sea... well, that's Gary Lightbody, singer of Snow Patrol, because those scenes are from the "Chasing Cars" vid.

Well, I knew it didn't look like "Lost" footage so I just assumed it must have been trailer footage... The point being that, no matter what it is, it certainly looked great!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rocked, Karolina. I still haven't seen the real Crash yet, but I really wanna see this one now. The selection of voice clips was perfect, it really seemed like a dramatic, moving movie trailer. I mean, you even made Hurley look like a serious type of character!

Loved the guy in the water, would never have guessed he was from a video clip! And I especially liked that bit with Locke sitting next to Rose and those voiceovers about the island changing them.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Kaja! You married all those different clips pretty well. I haven't seen Crash though I guess I should watch it. It's one of those telling a story from multiple character viewpoints thing isn't it?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
I mean, you even made Hurley look like a serious type of character!

Well, he can be serious... at times...

Polarbear wrote:
I haven't seen Crash though I guess I should watch it. It's one of those telling a story from multiple character viewpoints thing isn't it?

Yes, that's the one. I can really recommend the movie, it's great and has some good actors, too. Even Brendan Fraser plays a serious character in this movie.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome! I'm even more impressed that you didn't use any audio from the actual trailer, like Brendan Frasier's voice or something, you made it completely Lost-like, and that's just...fantastic!!

I would totally watch that.

sig by IslandofMystery
EraEllis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely beautiful.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know why you're not taking place in the August contest! You're full of projects!!

I haven't seen Crash yet but you made me want to! And you're quite the perfectionist if you find something wrong with the audio... I thought it was impeccable. That was a very touching and haunting video. Beautiful!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your comments, guys! I'm glad you liked it!

Distress Signal wrote:
That was awesome! I'm even more impressed that you didn't use any audio from the actual trailer, like Brendan Frasier's voice or something, you made it completely Lost-like, and that's just...fantastic!!

*lol*
To tell you the truth that was the very first idea I had, taking the audio from the original trailer and making a Lost vid out of it... but I had some real trouble finding a character who would be that little girl talking about the bullet!

Cylune wrote:
And you're quite the perfectionist if you find something wrong with the audio...

Oh yes, I totally am, but that's not always a good thing, really.

Cylune wrote:
Now I know why you're not taking place in the August contest! You're full of projects!!

Well, that's partly true. I still have at least two more vids planned, but I think I'll take it easy on these. I need a little vidding break.
Actually, it's more the fact that I was a real bag of nerves while having been working on last year's recap contest. I might give it a try again next year. How's your contest vid coming, btw?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarnation!!! Kaja, you really have to tell me when you're submitting new videos!!!!!

Anyway,
What a kickarse vid!!!!! It was perfect from start to finish!!!! It couldn't have been done any better!!! You chose the quotes magnificently!!! I'm gonna go watch it again!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
How's your contest vid coming, btw?
After having worked about 3 hours on the actual vid (that's not counting the time I spent trying to find songs and the planning part...), I have a big total of... TADA! 20 seconds done. Bloody thing will be over 8 minutes That's all right though, I love a challenge. Thanks for asking!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly wonderful Beautiful, moving and subtle at the same time.
I also liked the clips you used, especially the opening with Micheal and Walt.
Having never seen Crash (serious films which require actual thought? no, no, no!) I looked upon the video as just being about Lost and loved how classy and cinematic you made the show appear.

A*
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gulp*

Ed, I'm awfully sorry! You will get your very own special notification next time I submit a vid. I promise! Thanks for the feedback. *hugs*

Thanks for your kind words, Redhead. Same here --> you have to watch this movie, even if it requires some actual thought It's wonderful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: