Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freya's experimentation with other fandoms [GG/X Files]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Freya's experimentation with other fandoms [GG/X Files] Reply with quote

I had a load of Gossip Girl clips on my computer from my crossover vid so I thought I might as well makes a quick Gossip Girl vid with them.
It's nothing fancy - Just a little promo thing with audio from the Lost season one promo. They actually seem to match weirdly well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUr6vuI7Bms
Anyhoo, it's my first Vegas vid, aswell as my first Gossip Girl vid.. so feedback'd be much appreciated.

Last edited by Captain Freya on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo here's my first X Files vid:
Waking Dream - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hf1eBPm7av0
I decided that there weren't enough X File AUs around so I thought I needed to add my twisted way of thinking to the fandom.

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it Freya! Truly beautiful and made me cry towards the end! I loved seeing Scully really mourn for Mulder. I mean she does in the show but she tries to be so strong that it was nice to see her really just go crazy with grief. I loved how she starts seeing him everywhere. When the ghost Mulder cries at her bed is where I lost it and started bawling...lol and it was all down hill from there. The scene that was super powerful to me is when she is about to take the pills and he's trying to tell her not to and then she does and he asks her, "What did you do?" OMG! so many tears! I loved the ending though where she wakes up and they are together. Just wonderful job Freya!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww Nikki, I'm so glad you liked it! And I like that the ending was open to interpretation. I didn't think of it being like heaven but yeah, I think it could definitely go that way aswell. But when she was dreaming about slitting her wrists and about to take the pills, he was actually telling her to "Do it!" cause she's gone mental and thinks he wants them to be together. But I noticed that this video seems to be open to lots of different interpretations (Dan saw it in yet another way) and I quite like that it can have a few different meanings.
Anyways, I'm really glad that you thought it was so powerful.

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh...yeah I got that he was telling her in the dream to do it..(when she was in the bath) but I thought that was b/c it was her dream and she wanted to die so that is why he said that...but when she was taking the pills it just seemed like he didn't want her to....but I love this vid b/c its one of those vids that you can just sit and analyze and everyone kind has their own interpretation of what it means! Those are the best vids to watch.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those quick cuts were cool. Yeah I really liked that scene where Mulder was like don't take the pills awesome. Cool vid I hope you make more x files vids. *has a creepy Skinner/Mulder slash idea in his head after watching those season 3 x files bloopers* don't do it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Paul! Thanks

Ok.. so I got all inspired again and my muse was pulling at the leg of my trousers like a stubborn 3 year old all week so I made another X Files AU pretty darned fast.
Recessional - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9x2KBySKw

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: