Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Knight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: The Dark Knight Reply with quote

So seeing this the DAY it comes out in the UK.

Rumor has it it raked in a WHOPPING $18.5 million dollars on the midknight showings ONLY! Thats more than most movies get all together.

Heath his performance as the Joker is apparently so creepy that you're not even thinking about how sad it is seeing him on screen, you're just shitting yourself cos you're actually quite scared haha.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMAZING!!!!

Go see it, you won't be sorry! Heath is just... oh my gosh... there aren't words he was so great as the Joker, perfect casting. And yes, he's very creepy, but he's also really really funny. Throughout the movie I kept thinking what a shame it is that he's not around anymore because this movie made you realize what a talented actor he was, and how much potential he had. He really was a gifted actor.

This movie was non-stop action from beginning to end, and I loved it. lol

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL AWESOME. I am deffs seeing it. It comes out on Thursday over here, and i'm going to see it in the evening.

Everyone says Heath's performance is unforgettable and simply cant be topped.

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwithoutdom wrote:

Throughout the movie I kept thinking what a shame it is that he's not around anymore because this movie made you realize what a talented actor he was, and how much potential he had. He really was a gifted actor.

Oh my god Morgan, i've been saying the exact same thing almost verbatim. No joke. I kept telling everyone that I was sad when Heath died, but after seeing the movie I was even sadder because he was so good, and he had so much potential to take on even greater roles.

So apparently six actors have been nominated for an academy award post-humously, and one of them won in 1976. I wonder...

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was excellent!!! Heath Ledger was fanamonial He truly WAS the Joker! I agree its a shame because it was obvious they were going to have him in the next one.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, Trey! He WAS the Joker. Heath rocked in this film! Halfway through the movie, I was like, "Oh shoot! They're gonna end it like the Joker's still alive, aren't they? Aww, man!" It's so sad that he isn't around to be in another one. He was so amazing in it, and he really is a talented actor. I think this was his best work, he truly became his character. Great method acting there. I loved it!

The rest of the movie was awesome as well, though there were a few little things that bothered me.

Aaron Eckhart was pretty cool as Harvey/Two Face, but I was a little bummed that he died so early on. He was still around for a while in comics and stuff, wasn't he? I also didn't like that they switched actors on us though (Katie Holmes - Maggie Gyllenhal). I really hate when they do stuff like that. I thought I was going crazy for a minute. I could've sworn Katie was in the last one as that same character! xD

Still, awesome awesome stuff. Interesting story, great acting...loved it. w00t for Dark Knight!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so posthumous?

Yeah, that was truly one of the BEST movies I've seen in a LOOOOONG time, almost entirely because of Heath's amazing performance as the Joker. Phenomenal!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I saw it! And it was IMMENSE!

I didnt want it to end.

Ledger was DEFF the best actor, and if he doesnt get an Oscar for that, i'm gonna be so effing MAD.

One of my favourite scenes was the two boats scene, I was like.. really touched by it lol.

But I have so many favourite scenes. I loved it when the Joker was being questioned. I loved it when he crashed the party, I loved it when he said to the guy "How many of your friends have I killed?" and they guy says "You have killed 6 of my friends." and the Joker's like Shocked *mouths* "Six?!" LMFAO. Genious. Best Joker EVER.

Most of my fave scenes are the Joker actually, but omg that scene where Bruce sees Rachel & Harvey and she's like "He's taking me to the Ballet." and Bruce goes "Oh so you like Ballet..?" LMFAO.

Oh and I spotted one of my fave actors, Cillian Murphy, for like 5 minutes! He was the Scarecrow LOL. It's weird cos he's really irish so I didnt recognise him until his mask came off, and it was only of for like 5 seconds haha. So that was another highlight.

But yes. 10/10. AMAZING.

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was bummed Cillian was only in it for about 5 seconds... But it was still awesome! hehe

I'm going to see it again today! w00t!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, I finally got around to seeing this over the weekend and HOLY FREAKING COW, WHAT A FANTABULOUS MOVIE!!

Wow. Heath really blew me away, he was so good and so creepy! That voice just gave me chills *shudder* Like a lot of you said, after I left the theater, I was kinda depressed not just because he died, but because the world lost a phenomenal talent who had so much potential. I had already started to see it when he did Brokeback Mountain (he was great in that as well), but he was really starting to blossom in this movie and it's just a shame we had to lose him when he was just barely breaking the surface of his talent. It's just so tragic

But yeah, the movie was good. A little bit too long, but it was just totally action packed and kept my interest the entire time. Two-Face was creepy hard to look at him a bit, but Aaron Eckhart was pretty good. I also thought Maggie Gyllenhaal did a much better job than Katie Holmes. It is kind of annoying when they switch actresses, but I really didn't care for Katie Holmes in Batman Begins, so I'm glad they replaced her with someone I like a lot better.

I think my favorite part was the Joker's magic trick - "I'm gonna make this pencil disappear!"
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Really good movie although I preferred two face to the Joker. It brought back so many memories of the comic book annual I used to read at christmas I remember two face he was so cool and fortunately cause of my bad memory I didn't see Harvey Dent turning into two face. I hope they make another one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: