Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

back up files (i think)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: back up files (i think) Reply with quote

not technically vidding altho it does slow my vidding down cos i can't find the scene i need fast enough.

everytime i save a clip or piece of audio; i get this back up file. now im not sure that it IS actually a backup file but im calling it that ill screencap it and see if that helps. I used to keep them all but then i realized if i delete them; nothing happens to the core scene. but i have probably over 1000 of these just in a vidding context and they do take up space; is there a way to stop them being created? or at least to stop me seeing them?

Spoiler:

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know when Vegas loads the peaks for video files? Well those stop it from having to load the peaks again. Maybe you can change the settings in Vegas so it doesn't create the files I dunno.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked those .SFK files up back when I first got Vegas and that's exactly what they are, information created to help Vegas load that file more quickly the next time. Basically like the equivalent of a cookie (the legit kind ) your browser uses to help it load a page faster. You can delete them without it doing any harm but as far as I know you can't stop Vegas from creating them outright. Of course, I haven't really looked I guess!

*pauses to look*

Nope, can't find anything either through Vegas' help or just from a general search, sorry! You can at least delete 'em when you see 'em!
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's no way to turn them off. Trust me I checked because they annoy me in all my directories. They're tiny files, so I would just ignore them. That's Sony's way of feeling like they are taking over your computer.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all ur help guys

its just such a bugger; they're everywhere. altho i do love that i dont have to wait for the peaks to build; i had no idea the two were related ill just have to deal with it :S

sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you set your files to group together as types, so the avis will be together as will the wmvs etc, then it's easy to just ignore the back-up files because they are in a group of their own
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: