Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Something To Fix: A Jack Vid" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: "Something To Fix: A Jack Vid" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Something To Fix: A Jack Vid" 07-05-2008
Character study about Jack and his love for Sarah and Kate. Made for Yael. Awesome vid pic by Kat.
Song: The Last Man by Clint Mansell
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 5:15 (80mb mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzqLi7V3CUc
http://www.zshare.net/video/14757314c19d7872/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki, this was so great...you really know how to make a vid so dramatic and full of romance and irony. I loved the sweet music and this was just an awesome character study of the two relationships that Jack has struggled and have been through.

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video Nikki I really enjoyed I loved the comparisons like when the audio went when you fail and it had the break up of his relationships with Sarah and Kate
I loved the audio you used, especially at the beginning was very cool Very cool Jack character study!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that was cool how you mirrored Sarah and Kate's relatiionships with Jack. Not really my favourite type of video with the slow sad instrumental but you did a good job with it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your nice comments guys!! *hugs*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Something To Fix: A Jack Vid by nikkimonique Reply with quote

That was awesome. I really liked the bit where Sarah said "It doesn't matter who he is, it just matters who you're not" and you showed Kate and Sawyer. That was cool. And I loved the "You fixed me" part where he kisses Kate. That was cute. It was just all so angsty! Loved it
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Freya! Those were some of my favorite parts too!! Glad you enjoyed the angst!

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guhh! tears everywhere.
I'm gonna go through this bit by bit!
I loved the opening. The sound of the ice in the glass is so... chilling and then to see the end result... so sad.
I just hate watching his little heart break on the "you don't have what it takes" part.
I like the way you told the story. It started at the very beginning then skipped to about the end and then went right back to the beginning again to further develop the story until we reached the conclusion. Very nice dramatic build.
I loved him trying to fix kate and thinking he failed. And I loved loved LOVED Desmond saying, "but what if you did" and the looks on their faces! Guhhh! and then the "do you feel this? This? This?" had me bawling!!!!
The piano part was cool. Much appreciated. God! didn't Sara and Jack just seem to be so happy in the beginning?
OMG OMG OMG! But the part that gets me the MOST is the "what if I can't be the husband or the father that I want to be" and then "do you really think I'm good at this?" I mean tears tears tears! My heart just goes out to the guy. He tries soooooo hard!
I just feel so BAD for him on the "I'm leaving you" part. I mean damn that sucks! and the whole "It doesn't matter who he is it just matters who you're not" with the sawyer bit? Dagger through the heart!

Poor poor jack!

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL VIDEO!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid, I was blown away by how many comparisons there are between Sarah and Kate and you really did a great job of presenting Jacks insecurities and what they stem from.Loved it.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Something To Fix: A Jack Vid by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Oh wow, that was amazing Nikki! I love when you make these kind of vids! The music was gorgeous and the overlays of speech was an awesome touch. I really liked how you showed the comparison's between those two relationships Beautiful work
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwww Yael! That was such a nice comment! I love that you told me all your favorite parts. I'm so happy you liked how I used the dialog. I was worried I put too much in.....so yay! I'm extremely happy that you liked this sooo much!! *hugs* and thanks for requesting this video b/c it was an awesome idea and i never realized how many similarities there were between Sara and Kate until I started working on this! I was like "woah"!! poor poor Jack.

Donna, Thanks so much for your comment.

Jemma, I'm glad you like these kinds of vids...I'm always worried they might be boring. So I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

fabri086
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw Nikki.. great character study! you left me in tears especially at the "do you really think I m good at this?" scene awww, poor Jack! wonderfully edited, as always! love the way you compared those relationships! awesome job with the audio and voiceovers, too! Gold for sure and straight to my favs on YT

Last edited by fabri086 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sweetie..*hugs*

july

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Something To Fix: A Jack Vid by nikkimonique Reply with quote

It was really interesting...I mean I was so sad in the end...When he gets jealous and worried, it's just great the way you put these 2 relationships together...Really great character study.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks July! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: