Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Female Cast Member Set to Die?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Female Cast Member Set to Die?! Reply with quote

I read the following over at spoilerfix.com the other day and then I went off to read Kristin's column. From what I could gather the only female character that is safe is Kate. She made it seem like Kate wasn't going anywhere so hopefully this isn't another of her slight truths. So I decided to start a poll to see who everyone thought would die. I'm hoping Anna (Michelle Rodriguez) is safe because I think it would be stupid to bring in a new character then kill her off after a few episodes.

Who does everyone think will be the unfortunate character to die?

"A female will get killed of, and it's not Rousseau. I know for sure Sawyer and Jin will be back, and I’m also hearing Michael and Walt will be back. But that’s not to say that everyone will be back for the full season … As I’d mentioned, they all have clauses in their contracts that they can be written off at any time. Gulp. I've heard that Walt is not planning on coming back until a little later in the season ... I'm assuming he might be missing for a while. Source: Kristin on E!Online"

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think shannon, mainly cuz it seems like if wouldn't bee TOO big of a deal if she leaves.

I think it'd be foolish to kill a female cast member since there's only about 5 of them.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l was stumped between Ana and Rose but l voted Ana. LOL.
l don't know, l just don't like the thought of new characters. l mean l'm just so used to the ones we got already. Plus l don't really like Michelle Rodriguez. lol. But who knows, it could be anyone of them right.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I don't think it's SHannon. Read this.

Quote:
Here's an unconfirmed bit from 'DeadPool''s Blog on X-Men 3 casting:

Maggie Grace (Lost) is out as Kitty Pryde. The production team has just issued a casting notice for the role. Ratner and Co. are a smart bunch because they're using the script to The Astonishing X-Men comic-book as sides. Wanna know the irony? The comic-book is written by Joss Whedon, who every fanboy dreamed of having writing and directing X-Men 3.

Stay tuned for possibly more on this"

So now, I guess we wait for official news from Ms. Grace's camp

So prolly they're not killing anyone off anymore?

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably one of the few people that likes Michelle Rodriguez's acting. I like the fact that she's not afraid to take the tough girl roles. I think the thing most people don't like about her is how she breaks the standard stereotype we expect from a actress. That makes it hard for a lot of people to know what to make of her.

I think the character of Anna is going to be an interesting one to watch. I just hope she doesn't end up like Artz and be killed off before we get to learn more about her. That little snippet in the airport with Jack has me interested to learn more.

I voted for Sun because I think she's the only one that I wouldn't really miss that much. However, I'm willing to bet she is safe since JJ made the role of Sun specifically for her. I know that Emilie flies back and forth between LA and Hawaii so it'd be economical for it to be her, but on the other hand she pays for her own tickets so it'd only be economical for her. Then there is the lady that plays Rose who has been doing a play and wasn't able to be in any more Lost eps towards the end of the season. And I think it would be suicide for the show to kill off Kate. I don't care what people say about Kate's backstory everyone would miss her if they killed her off. I hold firm to my stand that she has the most twisted indepth back story of them all. Same thing as I mentioned with Michelle. It's an unknown "I don't know how to respond" kind of situation so the first instinct of a television viewer is to deem it wrong or without purpose (this is what happens when you are a film studies major you learn lots of useless information...lol).

Anyway, I don't want to see any of them go but if one has to go I'd say Rose or Sun. But I really don't want to see anyone else die. Charlie and Shannon's fake deaths last season and Boone's ultimate demise were enough for me for one series .

www.lostvideo.net
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Hmm I don't think it's SHannon. Read this.

Quote:
Here's an unconfirmed bit from 'DeadPool''s Blog on X-Men 3 casting:

Maggie Grace (Lost) is out as Kitty Pryde. The production team has just issued a casting notice for the role. Ratner and Co. are a smart bunch because they're using the script to The Astonishing X-Men comic-book as sides. Wanna know the irony? The comic-book is written by Joss Whedon, who every fanboy dreamed of having writing and directing X-Men 3.

Stay tuned for possibly more on this"

So now, I guess we wait for official news from Ms. Grace's camp

So prolly they're not killing anyone off anymore?

Thank God, she's off that movie. It sounds like it's gonig to be waful.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm probably one of the few people that likes Michelle Rodriguez's acting

No you're not.

ANd personally I dont think they're gonna kill off a female character, well not the main 4 anyway.

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems logical that if they dso kill someone, it'll be a guy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be Sun. Shannon isn't working on X-men 3 anymore so it won't affect her status on Lost. By the way it's Ana-Lucia that's her full first name.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I think it will be Sun. Shannon isn't working on X-men 3 anymore so it won't affect her status on Lost. By the way it's Ana-Lucia that's her full first name.

I agree, out of all of the women I think Sun is the one that they can afford to lose. Honestly I don't want to see any of them go because like I said I've had enough character death in Lost to do me a very long time but if someone has to go...

I know it's Anna-Lucia but it's quicker just to write the abbreviated version ...yeah I know I'm lazy ...lol.

www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate
Anna
Shannon
Claire
Sun
Rose

I don't think the convenience with the actors will make any difference in which character gets killed off. As proven with Boone, the character who affects the storyline the most, and whose backstory is already on the decline will be the one to go...

Kate: still lots of backstory to go, and even though she may not be a very popular character now, she still has a lot of potential. I have faith she'll be popular someday . I like her now, but I guess... Either way, she's the hot factor on the show, they kinda need her.

Anna: Couldn't care less really... but I'm not sure if this would count as an important enough character to consider for these types of spoilers. If she were to die, it would look very Atzty... setting us up for the death like that... no feeling to it, just comedic? nah.

Shannon: hasn't she been picked on enough? If she dies, it won't be by accident. She may do somethign very reckless though, causing her death (or maybe even killing herself...? hmmm...) Less likely though, due to Boone already dying...

Claire: now, I hate to say it, but HER death would REALLY cause a stir... Charlie would be broken (can I cay "angsty Charlie?"). and everyone else would be really really screwed up from it... It also ties into the "raised by another" dreaded thing, and then the rest of the castaways would have to raise little Aaron... Biggest impact of any right here. I.e. Ideal Her backstory is kinda spent too...

Sun: Spent backstory, touching touching scene with Jin as he finds out what happens, etcetera... could be. Less impact than Claire though. And fewer people would care.

Rose: Just as she's reunited with Bernard?!?!!
maybe! that would kinda have some dramatic irony to it, wouldn't it..? I don't think it's very likely though, since nobody cares all that much. But I can see why the actress playing her might be too busy to stay on the show. I would personnally feel a little gipped if it was her though, as it would be a setup only to kill an almost-nameless redshirt!

So, in order of most impact to least, which is what I'm using for my scale of most to least likely:

Claire (most)
Sun
Rose
Shannon
Anna
Kate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they're gonna kill the main 4 so, it's prolly someone like...Rose?

lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
I don't think they're gonna kill the main 4 so, it's prolly someone like...Rose?

This is JJ we're talking about I think they are all fair game. All the actors now have clauses in there contracts saying that they can be killed off at any time. Kristen has been wrong before and I really hope she is wrong now. But I'd actually heard about this rumor somewhere else so I'm thinking it's not looking to good for one of the ladies. I really hope we don't lose a bunch of characters during Season 2 because that would really suck and I honestly think it would take way from the show if they start offing character. They can't expect us to watch and get attached to characters if all we're doing is waiting for them to hit th chopping block next and be killed off.

I hope for the sake of the show that JJ figures that out and is smart in his choices next season.

www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Boone's death was such a sad thing.. it really added to the show... If you can feel that strongly about the character's death, then that must tell J.J. that the show is a success. These deaths aren't just necessarilly for survivor-style "voting off", they're to tell the story that needs to be told. While I admit there's no way they can just be slaughtered Movieguy-style, death needs to happen in any show to keep the audience feeling for the characters. And if the writiers handle it well, like they always do, then I don't see a problem with it. I hope they end up killing my favourite of the candidates, just so the person goes out with a good image in my mind, rather than drag on and on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only slaughtered people wouldn't care about, yet.

THere will be a few deaths that were overlooked in my fic that will come around later in the season.

I agree though that Claire would have the most impact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: