Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible Universe...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I was overwhelmed by the shiny new contest and in a frenzy tried to adapt any random idea that I had to fit the contest. I am now calm and realise that this was foolish of me. I don't think I could make my idea work really. I have a vid that's half done that could work but.. meh. I kinda gave up on it. The lyrics were perfect though - "Maybe tomorrow, I'll find my way home..." Nah, I think I'm gonna sit this one out. Vidding to a deadline distrupts my zen. Good luck everyone else though.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabri086 wrote:
Hey, I ve a couple of questions, me too
the vid must be centric on how the Oceanic 6 (several of them or all of them) come back to the island.. but do we have to show what happens next, too, like a season 5 possible opening? or can we end the vid with them, for example, arriving them, meeting the other survivors, etc.. ??
I'm kinda confused about this..
thanks in advance

Fabri, as long as you show some or all of the Oceanic 6 getting back to the Island, we'll leave it up to you where you "put" it in your vid: you can either start with how they get back to the Island then show what would happen next or you can make the entire vid about the struggle for them to find a way to return then end as they arrive back there. Just so long as them getting back to the Island is a main part of the vid in some way, the rest is up to you!

nikkimonique wrote:
Is non Lost footage allowed and if so how much?

Nikki, this contest will have the same crossover rule as all vids do, it must be at least over half Lost footage (so if your vid is 2 minutes long, at least 1:01 needs to be from Lost - and the more the better since we always want the focus to be on the Lost part of the crossover ). Now, if you're asking about using footage of the Lost actors in other roles with the intention of faking them out as their Lost characters, that has more lee-way to it. We don't mind it being used to help support your story but still try to keep the Lost footage the bulk of the vid as much as possible.

Hope that answers both of your questions! Good luck! Can't wait to see what you both come up with!

Aw, Freya, maybe your vidding muse will get a spark lit under her for this one, you never know! (Though I completely understand about what you mean about the deadline disrupting your zen... *nods thoughtfully then hands you a cookie* )
fabri086
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
fabri086 wrote:
Hey, I ve a couple of questions, me too
the vid must be centric on how the Oceanic 6 (several of them or all of them) come back to the island.. but do we have to show what happens next, too, like a season 5 possible opening? or can we end the vid with them, for example, arriving them, meeting the other survivors, etc.. ??
I'm kinda confused about this..
thanks in advance

Fabri, as long as you show some or all of the Oceanic 6 getting back to the Island, we'll leave it up to you where you "put" it in your vid: you can either start with how they get back to the Island then show what would happen next or you can make the entire vid about the struggle for them to find a way to return then end as they arrive back there. Just so long as them getting back to the Island is a main part of the vid in some way, the rest is up to you!

Ok Ais, thank you so much

Last edited by fabri086 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

help me someone!!!!
i posted a vid for the contest but i need to put in a new link since YT deleted my old account and it wont let me edit it!!!
can anybody help please?????
Edit: its all fixed now dont worry soz i panic over the slightest thing lol

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you fixed it don't worry; that kinda thing happens all the time and its easily fixed so no need to freak!

Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know lol im actually so glad i joined here now because freakin YT deleted my account and im sooo glad i posted some of my old vids here and saved them on my PC
*Phew* lol
thanks anyway x x;DDD

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ais for answering my question!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this about the oceanic 6 overall? is it limited to mapping out there future or anything?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I think I'll try this contest, even though I only have WMM skills. Just found the perfect song for a Jack-centric one. Coming Home by Alter Bridge.

"So I'm coming home, back to a world left long ago."

*runs to go find stuff*

Edit: Wait, can only one of the Oceanic 6 get back? Because that's what my idea follows so far...

Banner by erandil.

Last edited by LordXwee on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I am going to enter, but I heard this song on the radio today and I think it would make a really cool action video for this contest
3 Doors Down- It's Not My Time

I hope someone uses it!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordXwee wrote:
Edit: Wait, can only one of the Oceanic 6 get back? Because that's what my idea follows so far...

secret_neo wrote:
So is this about the oceanic 6 overall? is it limited to mapping out there future or anything?

up to you guys! if you only want Jack to come back; just make it about Jack. if you want Kate and Sayid to work together to find the island; go ahead! as long as your vid focuses on at least 1 of the oceanic 6 getting back to the island; then its fine you can have some off island stuff at the start but the main point of it needs to be 'getting back'

and secret_neo; no its not limited. but we dont want; say three seconds of a boat heading towards the island and then just on-island stuff for the rest of the vid; we want them to find a way to get back; actually get back. you could choose to end it there if you want or perhaps show the fallout? but the main focus of the vid needs to be getting back to the Island

VPnymph
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I so want to do this contest but I have no ideas that would be that interesting, I think I might post back if I can get round to doing a vid, but my exams are in two weeks and I'm dreading them! xxx

Last edited by VPnymph on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
LordXwee wrote:

secret_neo wrote:

up to you guys! if you only want Jack to come back; just make it about Jack. if you want Kate and Sayid to work together to find the island; go ahead! as long as your vid focuses on at least 1 of the oceanic 6 getting back to the island; then its fine you can have some off island stuff at the start but the main point of it needs to be 'getting back'

and secret_neo; no its not limited. but we dont want; say three seconds of a boat heading towards the island and then just on-island stuff for the rest of the vid; we want them to find a way to get back; actually get back. you could choose to end it there if you want or perhaps show the fallout? but the main focus of the vid needs to be getting back to the Island

And also let me just add, as long its the oceanic 6, you can have others like Walt, Ben, and Locke's body go back. Its up to you guys. Wherever you think the story will go.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my idea could be awesome! I'm gunna crossover with Torchwood to help find the island.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: