Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fringe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - I adore Futurama!! Prof. Farnsworth cracks me up

But yeah, I think they need to get on with it and get rid of her. It's not totally unheard of for a Fox show - I like I said, they did it with the "Vanished' show or whatnot. The main guy wasn't popular enough, so they killed him off and brought on someone new. But the show kind of sucked anyways, so it got canceled.

Eliza Dushku would be good, but I think she's gonna be on the new Joss Whedon show Dollhouse...so that probably wouldn't work

Who else would be better? Maybe they could see what the chick who played Libby is up to? I like her
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah; its not a good sign for a show if you have to replace a lead, lol but i think with JJ they'd give him a chance i hope they dont just pull the old switch-er-oo and suddenly Olivia is being played by another chick granted it would be better than the current chick; but its still annoying

Yeah, i like the Libby chick but i dont see her as an FBI Agent...I think someone stoic, like Agent Scully from X-Files

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think Olivia is a big problem she is certainly photogenic but her accent and demeanour is very weird to me. She has that face you want to punch (would never hurt women) with the frown all the time. I don't care about her at all.

The last episode was pretty good though definetly the best of the lot with the bald guy who likes jalapenos hope to see more of him.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
yeah; its not a good sign for a show if you have to replace a lead, lol but i think with JJ they'd give him a chance i hope they dont just pull the old switch-er-oo and suddenly Olivia is being played by another chick granted it would be better than the current chick; but its still annoying

Yeah, i like the Libby chick but i dont see her as an FBI Agent...I think someone stoic, like Agent Scully from X-Files

Or someone thats just plain cool like Emily Deschannel from Bones...they need someone like that. Someone you just like instantly you know....I don't think I will ever like Anna Torv...LOL

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I missed the last episode... from 2 weeks ago, I think. But from the promo it looked good, I'll have to watch it.

I like this show pretty well... It's nothing compared to Lost, but I think it's worth watching. It's kinda fun.

icon by becca
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh by the way that's funny you mentioned Dr Bishop as Professor Farnsworth I love futurama too but I think he's doing the spitting impression of Vincent Price from the old horror movies and he was in Edward Scissorhands as the dad.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I quite like his show.
Has some great twists in it
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real reason I continue watching Fringe is cuz I love Peter....he's cool. But the last episode I saw (not the most recent, but the one before) was good, I thought. Creepy bald guy...my sister thinks he is her math teacher in disguise. I still need to watch the latest eppy. I'm gonna keep watching Fringe, but it's not nearly as addictive as Lost.

art by me&tammy
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know....I have a weird relationship with Fringe now. It's like, I wonder why I'm watching it, but yet, I still want to watch it. Is that weird?

I think I'm just realizing just how predictable it is. I mean, I watched last night's episode, and the entire time I was just like "and now they're gonna do this. Yep! T'was right. Now this is gonna happ...oh, look at that! How convenient for them!" LOL But yet, it's still entertaining to me.

But I gotta admit, the GPS carrier pigeons were like, retardedly lame and I had a hard time suspending my disbelief. Not that I've actually believed everything they've done on this show (yeah...the going into the subconscious of a guy in a coma, getting the last image a person saw before they died? WTF? ) but they've usually done it in a way or explained it so that in the context of the show, despite how insane the idea was, it sort of worked. But the GPS carrier pigeons? Seriously?

And I love how all the characters are now at the point where they're just like "well, Walter's crazy, but he's usually right, so GPS carrier pigeons FTW!!"

This show is kind of like a small trainwreck, in and of itself, but I'm having a hard time pulling myself away...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA, I haven't seen the pigeon episode yet. Rofl, yeah, they all do what Walter says. In the last eppy I saw he was all, "Get aluminum foil! Your life depends on it!" Fringe amuses me.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broyles the dude from Lost is irritating me now he seems so lifeless I never liked him much on Lost either tbh lol

I liked when Walter electrocuted Peter with the static electricity in his wool socks xD
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well; Fringe has just been cancelled here :S:S Just after 5 episodes. and that really annoys me. Rather than moving it to a later time slot which is usually the go; they've taken it off completely. :S:S:S Instead they've moved The Mentalist from Sundays to Wednesdays to cover it :S Fringe went up against House and Criminal Minds (which i hate, btw, but seems to get the highest ratings. Don't ask me what is up with that :S) so it was in a tough timeslot but still :S:S:S I'm annoyed. My theory is that's it was the network, Channel 9, useless. They've had a spate of shows that they've taken off air after just a few eps (including the Sarah Connor Chronicles) and on a whole are a dud-network. Why channel 7, who air Lost, didn't chuck their name in the ring I'll never understand. Anyway; my point is i'm a little pissed but I guess I'll just download instead :S:S:S

Here's an article on it if anyone's interested

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, sorry to hear that, Kat. That sucks.

Fringe amuses me. It's pretty good, tho, it's just that a lot (okay, most) of the stuff they do sounds completely insane. And wouldn't work in real life. Oh well!

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol; yeah i know. the content is a little out there but it is a sci-fi show. And you can't really watch a sci-fi show and go 'that wouldn't happen in real life' cos it's not real life, y'know? i wasnt really a fan tho, just watched the first ep and then flicked over in the adds of House, lol but it still annoyed me; had it been on after House i woulda watched it

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching this on Sky 1.
Tbh it's not something I'd go crazy over, It's not a bad show but I'm not gonna go crazy if I'd missed an ep or something, but probably would be confused if I missed an epi of it

Olivia annoys me in the show though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: