Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Couple of Questions about Ulead MovieStudio 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cameron

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Couple of Questions about Ulead MovieStudio 11 Reply with quote

Recently I’ve been looking around to decide which editing program to buy. I’ve stumbled across Corel Ulead Moviestudio 11. I was planning to buy Sony Vegas Moviestudio but since I can’t seem to find a (online) store in my area who sells it for a price within my current budget I’ve been seriously considering other programs as well.

I have a couple of questions about Ulead MovieStudio 11 and I was hoping someone could help me?

Questions:
•Can you edit the coloring of the clips like you can in Vegas? ( with curves and such)
•Does Ulead have a split-screen option?
•Is basic editing (clip transactions etc) easy or difficult in Ulead?
•Does it have nice extra effects (such as: borders, transactions etc)
•How is rendering in Ulead? (does a 3 minute vid takes long to save?)
•Are there plenty of tutorials available online for the program?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I want to make sure it has the options I like before I buy it otherwise I’ll continue to look around (I’ve been trying to vid on WMM again but it’s really bugging me so..)
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently been given Ulead Moviestudio, and I have to say. If your unfamiliar with Sony Vegas, it's a good subsitute. It's got very nice effects and transitions from what I've seen. There are a few things that are better in Vegas, but it is a fairly good subsitute if Vegas intimiates you, or if your looking for something cheaper.

Here is a link to my first video I made with Ulead, I'd give you a link to a newer video, but they are all currently unfinished at the moment.

http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=5384

If you have any questions or anything feel free to PM me
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Couple of Questions about Ulead MovieStudio 11 Reply with quote

Hi!

I meant to reply to this a while back but it slipped my mind! So sorry about that! I've worked with VideoStudio for years, it's the only program I've ever used, and pretty recently I got 11. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can!

Cameron wrote:

Questions:
•Can you edit the coloring of the clips like you can in Vegas? ( with curves and such)

I'm not sure what you mean about "curves and such" but there are several options that you can use to change the colors.

Quote:
•Does Ulead have a split-screen option?

You can have overlays, and more than 1 at a time, but they are a bit tricky to get them to look right.

Quote:
•Is basic editing (clip transactions etc) easy or difficult in Ulead?

To me it's very easy to cut & trim clips, and use transitions.

Quote:
•Does it have nice extra effects (such as: borders, transactions etc)

It has a ton of transitions and a decent amount of frames. I've never really worked with the frames.

Quote:
•How is rendering in Ulead? (does a 3 minute vid takes long to save?)

Depending on the quality and size that you're rendering, it depends. I'd say a 3 minute WMV file takes about 5 - 10 minutes to render. (I may be a bit off here but it doesn't seem to take an exceptionally long time)

Quote:
•Are there plenty of tutorials available online for the program?

Can't answer that one, as I never read tutorials, lol. I fiure stuff out by trial & error.

Hope this helps!
Cameron

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answering all of my questions Uruviel and tjmack1986!

tjmack1986- thank you for showing me the video you've made, it looked great! I'll PM if I have any other questions

Uruviel- thank you for giving me such great answers. I really like all of your vids and I never realized you've made them with Ulead since everybody seems to use Sony Vegas

Ulead sounds like a great program to me, I'm going to buy it!
(The coloring options, rendering time were the most important things for me)

Sorry about the curves thing, it is a Photoshop/Sony Vegas term for changing colors.
Thanks again for the great help!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: