Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Bitter Song - Kuliet/Skate" by nikkimonique
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg that was so sad but so good the editing is super duper as always i just love how you come out with these ideas i can never think like that. awsome and i loved the ending in the hospital

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sophie, Thank you so much! That was a very sweet comment!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Bitter Song - Kuliet/Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Cool vid, Nikki! It's edited really well...I agree with what everyone said about Sawyer hitting Kate, looked real. Poor Kate. Sawyer was a meanie. I liked the Kuliet scenes, you did a good job!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eryn!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rolloffbed
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Bitter Song - Kuliet/Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

great job with the editing!! i loved it sawyer was sooo mean!!
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Bitter Song - Kuliet/Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Nikki, I love this video so much! I think it's really beautiful! It just basically awed me... i've never really used the word 'beautiful' to describe a fan video before! It was amazing, and you so deserve your gold!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww thanks Jourdan. That was just the sweetest comment. And thank you for the beautiful vid pic!

RolloffBed....thank you for your comment as well...lol what is your real name...I feel funny calling you rolloffbed...haha

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I've managed to work out how to steal the neighbours wireless especially to post a comment! Cunning eh?!)
OMFG Nikki - This floored me! This is my new favourite vid of yours. It was just so tender and sweet. Great use of scenes from outside Lost. I loved the ending in the hospital. All the editing/AU scenes were soooo 100% believeable, for a second I was like, "whoa! when did that happen?!" I love Psycho Sawyer vids almost as much as I love Psycho Jack, and I'm learning to love sweet, tender Kuliet almost as much as I love sweet, tender Jate! I really can't say enough positive things about this video.
Oooh, oooh - the audio! I almost forgot the audio. Genius! I liked the bit where Juliet was tending to Kate's wounds in the shower and she said "He hit you this hard?!" or something like that. That could have turned out really sleazy looking but it ended up being a really beautiful moment that actually made me tear up a little bit.
Anyhoo, sorry about the long post. I just had so much stuff to say about this.

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my that shower scene was rather hot hehe That was cool Nikki I really loved the non Lost scenes you cut into the story worked really well.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freya - Wow ! What an awesome comment ..I'm so happy that you mention the "He hit you this hard" line b/c I wasn't sure if it was clear enough...but yeah that is what she said...I hunted really hard for that line...its actually from Everwood (I think that is the name of the show) and then the other line in the shower was from some other tv movie she was in. But thanks so much for your wonderful comment!

Paul -- Thanks...I knew you'd like that shower scene.

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already told you that I thought this was awesome, but I'll say it again. I thought this was awesome! You edited it together very well, with the audio, and incorporating the Lost scenes with those from other shows. It was all pretty seamless. Nice job! This is probably the best Kuliet I've seen, not that I have seen many. I'm not a slash fan, but this was actually really good. The whole shooting Sawyer thing, and then "I've always believed in justice" thing worked really well. And the "he hit you this hard" too. Great vid, Nikki!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was amazing. Very belivable (Is that even a word or how it's spelt??) with the use of manips and the use of audio was great too
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some scenes were really like !! It's a great AU story, convincing, haunting and very intense!

I have one tiny suggestion for improvement though: The scenes with Sawyer hitting Kate and pointing the gun at her didn't work for me, unfortunately. The main reason is that the clip of Sawyer wasn't so well chosen, imo. Firstly, you could've flipped the clip horizontally, so that he would look at her and not in the same direction as her. Secondly he's looking up to someone in the clip, but Kate is smaller than him and he should be looking down to her, especially when he hits her. Does that make sense? It's just a thing I noticed right away and therfore, these two moments didn't really work for me. It's only constructive criticism though, really.

Apart from those two little moments, I really liked the vid! I had goose bumps all over and that's always a good sign!! Great work once again, Nikki!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karolina - Thanks I really value your input and I agree totally with what you said but...sadly I can't flip scenes with imovie . I was thinking that those scenes with Sawyer's face were too close b/c she was further away but I couldn't find a scene that i liked so I just stuck with that one b/c I liked the expression on his face...lol ...but thanks for watching and your comment. I always love reading what you have to say about my vids!

Sassy - Thanks for taking the time to comment again! Your so awesome!

Evi - you're so funny... yes believable is a word, I think...thanks for watching!

FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a really well done video. The manipulations were superb and the audio was well chosen and used. Great job. The story was cool... and yet you know I didn't like Sawyer as the bad guy. It worked well, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Awesome job Nikki. Plain awesome. Gold from me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: