Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x06 - The Other Woman Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even saying that much. I'm just saying that this was the first episode that I really noticed her presumed lack of bereavement.

And it's the first time i've mentioned anything having to do with it. Before I was just like, "She has bigger things to worry about, and she in her initial reaction she was very upset." I still think that, I was just saying that this was the first episode that it was really noticeable in, so I mentioned it.

I love the show, and think that there are far more interesting things going on to be wrapped up in Claire's non-obsessive mourning of Charlie.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I always kinda stood up for Claire and said there were tons of other things on her mind. That later she might have another good cry about Charlie, but for now, it's time to work on getting rescued/staying alive/taking care of Aaron...but after she mentioned him to Locke!! OMG, I was shocked that she said it so nonchalantly, like it meant nothing. And I think we'd have some more indication if she were just trying to hide her feelings...I was never a huge PB&J fan, but still, it was weird. I kinda hope she does know about Miles, Eryn, because that would make her seem less cold and heartless.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAME HERE! At first I was like, 'People, people, calm down. She's on a freakin weird island. She has a kid. A bunch of freakos are after them. She doesn't have time to stress out about it.' But in the last episode I was shocked at the nonchalantness as well. You took those words right out of my mouth Sass.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kate knows about Miles right?? And her and Claire were living together, maybe she mentioned it.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure Kate knows about Miles. He said he'd "know" but I'm not sure that Kate really put two and two together, and if she did, I don't think she'd believe it. So I doubt that Claire or Kate really know...tho that is a good point. Maybe I'm just not being optimistic enough. xD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
With everything that is going on right now with the show, I kind of have to be optimistic, I'd get way too upset every week if I wasn't. lol

I'm thinking Kate said something about Miles, kind of making fun of him in a way, you know brushed it off as nothing. But since Claire is all into Astrology, and Psychics she probably believed it. Though you could be right, Kate probably didn’t put 2 and 2 together. lol

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Kate really knows anything. Honestly, it sounds more like a fanfic than something they'd actually put in the show. If they did put it in the show, they would have shown the scene where Kate told her, it's kind of important. They woudl have hinted at it, so we could tell more easily why Claire would ask Locke. Tho I'm thinking she may have an ulterior motive. I would not be surprised if she like...killed him or something. xD Well, I'd be a little surprised.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get where you guys are coming from with the Claire thing...I think it's just bad writing on the writers' part. But if Claire doesn't know about the Miles-Ghostbuster thing, I'm sure she has SOME other reason to want to talk to him, because that would be awesome. ^_^

Quote:
I'm thinking Kate said something about Miles, kind of making fun of him in a way, you know brushed it off as nothing. But since Claire is all into Astrology, and Psychics she probably believed it. Though you could be right, Kate probably didn’t put 2 and 2 together. lol

That's what I was thinking too, Morgan, I was like "Hey, Claire would believe that stuff!" *crosses fingers and hopes Claire will talk to Miles*

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's bad writing. Probably. And I don't believe Claire was too pre-occupied with everything else going on on the island to show grief over someone who gave his life for her freedom. Otherwise she wouldn't have been all concerned over these freighter people. The people she (and the rest of the group) believed had come to kill them And she wouldn't be all giggly with Kate. God, was THAT ridiculous.

It's nice to know my ship was a complete waste of time and that Claire wasn't "in love" with Charlie all along. I feel so sorry for Charlie. He loved her otherwise he would never have died for her. I'd be SO upset if I were him.

And if she's trying to hide the fact that she's crying at night or whatever, she'd probably be acting "overly happy". That would drop a clue. But the fact is that no one's asked if she's alright, no one cares and nor does she. That's how it seems, that's how the writers are portraying it. As if they couldn't ruin our ship anymore T_T
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
It's bad writing. Probably. And I don't believe Claire was too pre-occupied with everything else going on on the island to show grief over someone who gave his life for her freedom. Otherwise she wouldn't have been all concerned over these freighter people. The people she (and the rest of the group) believed had come to kill them And she wouldn't be all giggly with Kate. God, was THAT ridiculous.

It's nice to know my ship was a complete waste of time and that Claire wasn't "in love" with Charlie all along. I feel so sorry for Charlie. He loved her otherwise he would never have died for her. I'd be SO upset if I were him.

And if she's trying to hide the fact that she's crying at night or whatever, she'd probably be acting "overly happy". That would drop a clue. But the fact is that no one's asked if she's alright, no one cares and nor does she. That's how it seems, that's how the writers are portraying it. As if they couldn't ruin our ship anymore T_T

I really don't blame Claire in the slightest. I am not angry at her character at all - I'm mad at the writers. Someone needs to call them up and let them know that some people aren't content with hearing only about the triangle. I still think Claire loved him - not as much as he loved her, but she still loved him. It's the damn writers who forgot about that.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before S3, I always thought every episode was great and whatever mistakes the writers made would be fixed but now, I'm just realising how disappointed I've always been if something didn't happen (or something in particular did happen) T_T It's frustrating. I always used to think the writers were brilliant.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stilll LOVE this show and I really do like S4 except for the Claire thing. I think they can fix it if they try hard enough but they're all "OMFG WE NEED TO PUT MORE SKATE/JATE ANGST IN!!!!!111"

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question.. would you guys be happy if Claire got an episode that delved deeper into her character etc. but had no mention of Charlie?
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would there be no mention of Charlie??
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause I make the rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: