Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x06 - The Other Woman Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so overall um yeah.

Well I already had a crap opinion of it cause I knew of the Jacketness, and I missed it and watched it late and ABC.com kept screwing up the media player, so I was just in a piss mood when I watched it too.

Even though I HATED the jacketness, I can still admit that that kiss was hot. Not the kiss itself, but the lead-in. NO TONGUE. HA. Kate and him had way MORE of an intense kiss. Like Paul said no tongue kisses don't mean anything... or something to that extent. Little did he know that that remark would later work AGAINST him!!!!!!!!!!

BEN. Whhhhoa. When he freaked out did anyone else find him attractive? When he was like, "You're mine!" Dammmmn. I have no shame in admitting it. I turned to my mom and was like, "He was pretty freaking hot right there." Careful. I might become a Ben fan girl. I loved his remarks throughout the episode.

Oh and uhhh... Charles Widmore? I mean yeah, like yeah, but I was really expecting someone or something a little less obvious. Still loving it though.

Loved the ending, Ben is hot, still love Dan, he's hot too, still don't like Juliet, but Jack is hot, Kate was meh, and yes. Now that i'm reflecting upon it, it seems a lot better than it initallly did.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude!!! What the hell???? Kate is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Ben hot? Lol! Sorry, not laughing at you, Jourdan. Meh, he's not ugly.

DAN'S HOT THOUGH!! You back off, he's MINE! (Man, I sound like Ben. xD)

icon by becca
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
BEN. Whhhhoa. When he freaked out did anyone else find him attractive? When he was like, "You're mine!" Dammmmn. I have no shame in admitting it. I turned to my mom and was like, "He was pretty freaking hot right there." Careful. I might become a Ben fan girl. I loved his remarks throughout the episode.

*raises hand* Dude, I've never kept it a secret that I have a weakness not just for bad boys like Sawyer but for bad guys like Ben. Sure he's (in Ruth/Rocksiren's immortal words from last year) a "creepy little Martian psychopath" but I like him! And despite my Jacket shipping tendencies *ducks as Jourdan throws a spork at me* I've always loved the idea of obsessive!Ben/Juliet (even made a vid for it! ). So that whole thing made my evil!shipper's heart go all *glee!*

And I don't want to fight the large majority of Dangirl's for his eternal love and devotion but, for the record, let me say that I just dig him more every ep!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Jourdan When did I say no tongue kisses don't mean anything?

The thing I liked most about the Jacket scene was the hug rather than the kiss though there was a lot of emotion there especially on Jack's face.

lol creepy little Martian psychopath I miss Ruth
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Jourdan

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*agrees with Aislynn* Ben is amazing, lol. He's starting to be one of my favorites, because all my old favorites are either dead, not around much, or in it too much and are getting annoying! (Sawyer&Kate).

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
riay_night wrote:

*raises hand* Dude, I've never kept it a secret that I have a weakness not just for bad boys like Sawyer but for bad guys like Ben. Sure he's (in Ruth/Rocksiren's immortal words from last year) a "creepy little Martian psychopath" but I like him! And despite my Jacket shipping tendencies *ducks as Jourdan throws a spork at me* I've always loved the idea of obsessive!Ben/Juliet (even made a vid for it! ). So that whole thing made my evil!shipper's heart go all *glee!*

And I don't want to fight the large majority of Dangirl's for his eternal love and devotion but, for the record, let me say that I just dig him more every ep!

OMG! Well, I don't find Ben attractive at all, but I have been a Ben/Juliet shipper since....forever! I don't think I've seen you vid, Aislynn, I'll have to check it out! (I'm gonna make a Bennet vid of my own at some point, just don't know when I'll get to it though!) I also love Ben. He is hilarious.

art by me&tammy
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlies_Innocence wrote:

DAN'S HOT THOUGH!! You back off, he's MINE! (Man, I sound like Ben. xD)

Nuh-uh, Dan's mine. He's locked in my basement by Jacob's rocking chair. *twitch*

Banner by erandil.
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I luuuved it. The ending with Jacket was just gorgeous, great filming... and after that - EVEN BETTER - Sawyer! And Hurley! *happy dance*

I was kinda stunned to hear that it is Widmore who controls everything... gosh, that man creeps me out even though I *kinda* liked him in The O.C.

And I totally fell inlove with Ben's behaviour when Juliet went to his house for dinner - MAN, he was soo cute! Now that's something I never thought I would write but he was really cute in that scene. And to go from cute crushy to posessive freak was great. Michael Emerson rocks.

And about upcoming episodes,
Spoiler:

- finally we're gonna meet Michael again and see what the hell he's been up to.

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Lost has eaten my brain, wait, I'll answer that - yes - but I think for the rest of this show's life I will never, ever be disappointed. Another great episode, but it flew by in no time!

Jacket kiss.. can anyone say "FINALLY JACK?" I was wondering when he'd grab someone and kiss 'em! Juliet and him are just heartbreaking 'cause it makes me wonder what's going to happen between them. Anytime someone gets happy it's doomsday from there on. :(! I <3 Juliet. And Jack.

And Jack's Kate sense that automatically found her. Hahaha. I'm still liking Charlotte who knocked Kate over the head, even though, I still adore Kate.. it's just.. she kind of put herself in that situation.

DAN IS A HERO. AHHHH. Loved how that whole scene played out. The Charlotte and Juliet fight. Wow. Kickass. Plus, Dan has a gun pointed to his head, but he's still determined. I think there's something underlying all of that but yes. DAN IS YUMMY AND AWESOME AND THE GEEK SAVIOR.

Juliet and Goodwin also steals my heart. Wah when he died. :(

Ben is just creeptacular. I love him, and hate him. I hate to love him, love to hate him sort of thing.

WTF? Moments are as follows: 1. Pregnant!Sun skipping through the dangerous jungle of doom. 2. Weird, psychiatrist, freaky lady appearing. 3. Whispers are back! 4. WHAT THE HELL IS BEN? How does he send people to do his bidding? 5. WIDMORE. 6. How the hell did Ben get that footage? 7. Kate's explanation for going back. Yeah right!

Ending moment of Love: SAYWER!FACE when he saw Ben. Priceless. :O It's Sawyer-is-going-to-kill-you time.

FIN. I'm done ranting for now. :D CAN'T wait til next ep!
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES BEN IS HOT!!!! I have NO shame in admitting it! And Ais you agreed! I like the idea of Ben/Juliet too- in the beginning of S3 I totally thought something was going on.

Oh and YEAH. I have never complained about this, but now i'm with everyone else. Claire mentioned Charlie and didn't give a damn! And I really hate how she said, "All Charlie said is whose boat it isn't" like she didn't give a flying ****! I really didn't appreciate that. I really hope they address this properly in a Claire centered episode.

Yes Paul you said no tongue kisses were NOT a big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the spam thread! Unless you were just lying to me to make me less broken hearted....

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Claire theory I am maintaining: Claire is SUPERSUPER upset about Charlie's death but she doesn't want to show it because she thinks people have bigger things to worry about than her troubles. Now, when she approached Locke about Miles, she wanted to talk to Miles to see if he could talk to Charlie. She just told Locke she wanted to get information out of him, and she KNEW he was going to play the Charlie card, and she'd prepared herself for it. (IMO, if there's anyone who doesn't give a flying **** about Charlie it's Locke. ) So...that's what I think is going on. Believe it or don't.

How come no one's complaining about Hurley's lack of reaction? He barely reacted as much as Claire. "Charlie's dead!" (crycrycry) "I'm following my friend!" (sadness = over) Or so it seems. It's just odd how people are focusing on Claire's lack of reaction and not Hurley's, because as Charlie's best friend, wouldn't one think he would be sad?

I'm not trying to start a fight. I just wanted to share what I thought.

art by me&tammy
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt that Claire even knows Miles can "talk with Charlie" if he actually can...so I hate to say it, but I doubt that theory has much credibility. Sorry, I know it's annoying. I'd be upset if Sawyer had died (REALLY upset), but I think it's just lousy writing on the writer's parts, personally. Plus, I never expected her to be suicidal or anything about his death, because I don't think she was in love with him. I do think she loved him as a friend, he was almost family...but there's a difference between loving someone and being 'in love' with them. I just don't think she was 'in love'.

We actually got to see a lot more of Hurley's reaction, than Claire's (even tho it was only in that episode). Throughout the episode he was upset. He snapped at Sawyer, cried with Claire, gave that speech...he was clearly upset. Claire just got that one scene, where she found out.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason everyone (well mostly Charlie fans) is more upset about Claire than Hurley is because Claire and Charlie were dating. We all know that he loved her, and she loved him (I like to think she did at lest. ) Charlie and Hurley may have been best friends, but Claire, Charlie and Aaron were practically a family. Plus the main reason he died was for Claire and Aaron to get rescued. I know Claire doesn't know that now but we do and so do the writers, so you'd think that they would show us some sadness from Claire. Don't get me wrong, I'm upset that Hurley seemed to get over his death fast, but we also got to see his reaction to Charlie's death through out the entire premier eppy, where as with Claire all we got was one scene. I really hope your theory is right about her though, Eryn. Charlie deserves to be missed, especially by the people he loved.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr

Last edited by Lostwithoutdom on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: