Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Anniversary LVI!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Happy Anniversary LVI! Reply with quote

Well, it's been another year. And thus the clock tolls .

Welcome to LVI's 2007 Anniversary!

To deck out the celebrations this year, we're bringing back both the LVI Tourney and the Open Poll - both souped up with even more videos than any year before! The Tournament is open to ALL LVI vidders this time around (rather than just Gold CP earners), so if you never had a chance to take part - now is your time. Also, the Open Poll is still getting finalized by us, but it will begin on the 10th of November and continue for a few weeks. So please enjoy yourselves, and go show some great vids your appreciation.

But before we get rushed into the excitement of the tournament, let me remind us all: this anniversary is more than just an award ceremony. It's a moment to look back and reflect on what we've gone through to get to this point, and to celebrate what we have. It's a festival - to enjoy the moment and reflect on the past!
Now get voting on those vids!

And let me introduce the Keynote Speech:

Quote:
Everything Changes. In this past year, we've seen that statement at work. Lost changed its established format with a flash-forward instead of a flashback. We said hello to new characters and said sad goodbyes to old friends, while other characters took shocking twists. Nothing stays the same, everything changes.

In that same spirit, LVI 4.0 changed into a brand new incarnation 5.0, taking on a new look and adding new levels of interaction and involvement with things such as member voting. So too have some members of LVI come and gone - with every year bringing a new array of faces to the mix. And just like Lost, change can sometimes be decieving - some character everyone thought was gone could come back and surprise you. But while some things have changed, one thing has not: our commitment to our vidding community.

From the very beginning, LVI was meant to be a place where vidders could come together and share more than just the vids they've made; it's where the new and the experienced vidders alike can help each other, whether with technical issues or artistic questions, where we can all share in our love of the art of vidding in a friendly, welcoming place. And that is one thing that will never change!

LVI only exists because of the dedication of the Council, of loyal members (both those who have been with us since the early days and those who have just joined us recently) and of vidders like yourself who keep coming back and sharing your artistry with us. Thank you to all of you for making this one of the best years LVI has seen yet!

It's amazing how far a site like this has come in such a short time. We've become the biggest, most organized, and (arguably) friendliest Lost vidding community out there, and we're even starting to become a blip in the fandom-wide vidding community scale. We hope to keep moving up the ladder, and make LVI the best it can possibly be.

We've seen some amazing, completely revolutionary vids in this past year. But I can hardly wait to see what this next year of LVI will bring!

LVI, Revolutionizing Fan Video Making.

-Aislynn & Hobbes of the LVI Council

If anyone would like to speak their thoughts about the last year of LVI, LVI in general, OR just say how excited you are for the contests, please feel free to do so here. This has been a great year for LVI, and I hope we manage to top it in 2008!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot for LVI!!! This past year is when I really started posting here; posted my first vid and really started watching, voting and commenting others. It's so right that this is a friendly forum; I have yet to personally chat with, pm with, etc anyone who hasn't been perfectly lovely. And in the process made a good nine or ten great forum friends; something I did not expect.

I am very committed to LVI and love that I'm here when its really taking off. I'm sure we'll get an overload of new vidders in when the new season arrived but its cool to be an original; lol.

Cheers to LVI! I have no idea what I'd do without it And thanks to Hobbes and Ais for making this forum such a great place to be

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard of the videos this year has been amazing. Congrats everyone!

Ais and Hobbes are a mighty partnership for sure! Awesome speech!

Happy Birthday LVI!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG its finally ON!
CHEERS guys!
The Council made an amazing job this year! Thanks guys!
I haven´t beein around lately, but I still love this place... You guys are the BEST!
Luv ya!

*running to re-watch the videos*

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 Years *Major Squee*

The site is just great, always feel welcome here, and know it's still gonna be here next year
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for LVI! hehe, it was my LVI anniversary last month but I forgot to celebrate! lol

I love this site, I'm like Kat-this year is when I started really going on here although I registered a while ago. I love it here and everyone here is so nice and helpful. I'm so happy I'm a part of it and have met all those I have met here! Everyone is so supportive and kind. It took a while for me to post videos up because I wasn't brave enough but everyone was so friendly and kind when I did! And this is truely the loveliest site I have been a part of. So Go LVI!
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday,LVI!!!
It's sooo great to be here,to know you guys and be a part of this community
It's been an awesome year for me,i got accepted in the university,win "best jate" video in the open vote which was absolutely amazing...thank you all for making this wonderful site
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I'm so sorry I'm late, LVI, please forgive me!

Happy Birthday! Hope you got lots of great presents!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess LVI is kinda like the Island. I guess we should start making sacrifices to LVI on it's birthday? *sharpens knives*
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I guess LVI is kinda like the Island. I guess we should start making sacrifices to LVI on it's birthday? *sharpens knives*

*doesn't want to be sacrificed to and eaten by the Island Monster*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Virgins and childrens first...

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LVI is doing it right.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol guys!!!
Congrats to Warren, the council, and everyone here at LVI for another amazing year in vidding!!!!!
Everything does change! I don’t know when I first came to LVI, but I know I had never considered making a vid till about this time last year. Then I didn’t know how much that would impact me, the choice to start vidding. I signed up last January, mainly just to share some vidding ideas, but started rolling on my own. With each month I got better acquainted with allot of people, a lot I greatly admired before. Now I can say I’m good friends with allot of people here and feel like a part of this community, which I cannot say about any other site, or board community I’ve ever been too! That’s what’s so great about this place. Everyone here, are good, down to earth, considerate people. It’s very rare to go to a community message board and find that. Usually there are people that think they are smarter than you or better because they have been there longer or have more posts. Here there are no egos, no ranks (except for vidder ranks but that’s different.), new people are kind and considerate, and the council and older members set that example. I can truly say I’m happy I joined here, met everyone and started vidding. I honestly don’t know what I would be doing right now if I had not joined. Probably studying for classes..... GAH I soooo made the right choice!!!! Long Live LVI!!!!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 3 years!? It's funny because I feel like it should be more.
(Aren't we up to 10 by now?)
Trey is right. LVI is a place where even newbies can start to feel like an old timer.

We've gone through so much this year!
    We reached 3,000 videos and a majority of them are amazing!

Launching LVI 5.0 playing along with the game and getting stuck at the part with the greek letters.

Belxf and Lostaway joined the council!

Hobbes stepped down as our grandfather and wise leader.

Aislynn was installed as Queen B and we all rejoiced

I think we all can agree that this has been a year of growth. I have seen vidders grow in leaps an bounds since their first video (myself included). It is amazing to watch someone take chances and get inspiration and help from the community to create something better than they have ever created before. New standards were definitely set and I think this years tournament is proof of that. I mean have you seen the videos competing? I can barely choose they are all SOOO GOOD!. Kudos to everyone.

*Raises glass* Here's to LVI. Happy Anniversary! May the next year be even better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: