Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"How Far We've Come" by KajaM
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: "How Far We've Come" by KajaM Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"How Far Weve Come" 10-13-2007
Desmond is being haunted by visions of destruction and death but is really everything as bad as he fears?
Song: How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 3:22 (29MB WMV)

Link(s): http://showyourvids.ning.com/video/how-far-weve-come-desmond

Last edited by KajaM on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I'd like to say thanks to Cinthia for her beta! I wasn't too sure if the editing and the beat use was ok and she helped me very willingly. I'm very happy that I can always ask you for your opinion, it really helps a lot. You rock, hon!

Btw, I cracked up when I saw the icon for this vid at YT. It's priceless!

Last edited by KajaM on Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: How Far Weve Come by KajaM Reply with quote

Great job! I loved it! I already commented on YouTube, but I figured I'd go ahead and say something here too. It's a really great Desmond vid, he is awesome, and you make one heck of a Desmond vid. The flashes were great, and the best part was that it had an uplifting ending! Really good job! I loved it! Gold all the way!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOO!!! That is awesome!!! LOVE the split-screens!!! Excellent clip choices! Parts of it were almost exactly what I had planned to do with this myself, ya know what they say, great minds...

Anyway, you gave this vid the beat use it needs and made a great Desmond character study!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all...No fair! I sooo was gonna use this song and thought that no one else would try it...then again, who cares? You did it better than I could have anyway...tho I may take a stab at it later.

OMG! This was the best Des vid EVER! You made it wonderfully, the editing was incredible, and the beat use made it truly awesome.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, that is so weird sassy! heather and I have been deliberating over doing this song for ages, lol.

anyway, Karolina this was awesome!!! I loved it! great work with the split screens. love Des; you picked great scenes to go with this. and i loved the ending with all the kisses; that was great. awesome, awesome, vid

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie/Desmond slash?

Awesome lyric use and beat use Karolina! I loved how you had Desmond thinking about the losties throughout the vid it was like an ensemble vid from Desmond's POV too cool
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really a great Desmond vid!

I really liked how you included all the other Losties and I loved the ending!
Great job!

And the youtube icon is hilarious!

Icon by ack attack
july

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: How Far Weve Come by KajaM Reply with quote

whaou!!! I'm not a desmond fan, but I really like this one, the rythme, the music, the whole idea was great!!!! Besides you included every Losties!!!! Good Job, really
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all the great comments, guys!

You know, I started working on this vid about a month or so ago and I got stuck with it due to some other vid projects... even though the vid was almost done. Then, a few days ago, Heather told us that she wanted to make either a Desmond or an Ensemble vid to this song and I was like "Oh, what a bummer!" She told me that I should really finish the vid (that was really, really nice of you and I appreciate it a lot! ) and that she might make an ensemble vid to this song at some point. I would love to see it, btw!! . I really hurried up with finishing the vid in the last few days because I was afraid that someone else might have the same idea, too, since Heather and I already had the same idea.
If anyone else wants to give it a try though, too, go for it!

FrecklesPhoenix: Thank you so much for your wonderful comment (here and at YT, too! ). I'm glad you liked it! As for the happy ending, I figured that the vid really needed one after all the bad stuff that happens in the rest of the vid. Also, I looove vids with happy endings, so...
Thanks again!

Uruviel: Awww, thank you so much, Heather! I was hoping you would like it!! And yes, great mind do think alike! I hope to see your version of the song one day. After all, your the Queen of Beat Use and I'm sure you'd make an amazing vid!!

SassyLostie2: That's exactly why I got all paranoid when Heather told me that she wanted to make a vid to this song. I felt that, apart from us, other people may have the same idea and I hurried up a lot. (I'm usually not the fastest vidder in the world) I would love to see other versions though, so you should definitely give it a try!
Oh, and thanks so much for your amazing comment!! I'm absolutely flattered and more than happy that you liked it. Best Des vid ever? hat's like --> Thank you so much!!

littleton_pace: Thanks a lot, Kat!! The song is definitely such a Lostie song, so no wonder so many people had the same idea. I'm glad you liked the split-screens. I was afraid they'd bee too confusing and just too much, thus it makes me really happy to hear that they seem to be alright. Oh, and I'll reply to your last PM asap!

Polarbear: Charlie/Desmond slash... hmm, don't tempt me! I might actually really make a vid about that! The two of them were my favourite characters during the last season, so why not?
And thank you so much for your kind words!! I haven't made any ensemble vids in ages, so I can probably count that as a semi-ensemble vid. As a matter of fact though, I found a song that could work quite well for an ensemble vid and I'll start working on that one really soon.
Thanks again!

Joon: Thank you so much, hon! I'm glad you liked it. You gotta love happy endings and stupid YT icons, huh? I had a look at the other two pictures I could use as the vid icon. One's all blurry (it's the scene when Desmond gets punshed by the brother of his ex-girlfriend) and the other one is Charlie with that expression on his face. I think I'll keep the one with Anthony Cooper, even though it's so stupid.

july: Thanks a lot! It always makes me very happy to hear that someone liked my vid even though he doesn't like the main character of that vid. I tried to include most Lostie that Desmond has got in touch with. I would've loved to include Ana Lucia and Michael, too, since they did a lot of nasty stuff, but they didn't have anything to do with Desmond. So I left them out in the end.
Thanks again for your kind words!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much perfect.

As usual.
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karolina u did a amazing job as always! I love desmond, so during the all vid I was *squeeeeeee*
Nice song, timing and brilliant editing!!

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
hpfan2,342

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was awesome !
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're giving me too much credit... my job as beta didn't require much more than saying "Awesome beat use, fantastic color, great split screens" Tell me how you're making those fantastic colors!!! I got you to thank!

Fantastic idea to make an ensemble vid through Desmond's POV and everything the lostie have gone through so far. I especially love your use of split screens - you always had a single focus point that didn't make it confusing for the viewers. (You knew Desmond was on one side not doing much so you told your "audience" where to look - where the action was)

Oh and you included my favorite shot of Charlie, what I liked to call 'I will eat your soul" face. And I loved the happy ending - I'm a sucker for those too.

Great job again!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: How Far Weve Come by KajaM Reply with quote

WOW!
Awesome! Great beat use, and i really, really liked the split screens!
Great vid!! Loved it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: