Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hurt - Jack" by Polarbear
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: "Hurt - Jack" by Polarbear Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Hurt - Jack" 10-14-2007
After being rescued Jack goes on numerous flights in the hope that the plane will crash again. Hes adopted a drug habit and regularly hangs around Kates house late at night. Ben was right.. there is nothing for him to go back to in the real world and no
Song: Hurt by Johnny Cash
Vidder: Polarbear
Length: 3:35 (26MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgKwQeIQ-dU
http://www.zshare.net/video/4215977e4e2c6e/

FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

That was really good!!!! I actually felt kinda sorry for Jack after watching that. Wow. You conveyed the story so well and the effects were beautiful!!! And the run in with Sawyer was very convincing! Great job. I LOVED it. This is definitely worth an A+++++ and fifty gold stars!!!

Excellent!!

Last edited by FrecklesPhoenix on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woow i loved it!! I also felt sorry for Jack after watching that!

Spoiler:

kate and sawyer in the future? Kate leaving jack behind?

OMGGGGG my dreams become truth

Great editing and i also love the effects that you used! Well done!

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really wonderful, Paul! Sad, yet really good. I'm not a fan of this song, but you did a great job on the interpretation of the lyrics. I loved the greenish colouring you used for Jack's memories and the editing is great as always!

But...

Spoiler:

... OMG! Juliet died!! That was so sad!

Awesome work, Pauly!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was AWESOME Paul!

Beautiful

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

Wow.
Beautiful video, Great interpretation of the lyrics, Awesome Storyline and effects... Simply perfect.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. Just woW. You've done it again, Paul. The editing was amazing, and this vid had me mesnerizxed the entire time. Nice storyline and nice song choice.

Spoiler:

Loved that you added Juliet dying, and Kate leaving Jack etc. And then the end. OMG! He finally got back and drowned...I'm guessing?

And I recognized that Whisper clip. Awesome vid, Pauly. Can't wait for more! I'm making one right now, and have a few in the works, but it's really slow going.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

Nice vid Paul! Love the quick cuts at the end.
hellybongo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this - such a great job you've done with the lyrics and the effects are fantastic.
Good job
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful vid!

I feel really bad for Jack after watching this - and I usually don't even like him much.

Icon by ack attack
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

Great vid!!! I feel so bad for my Jackie, and that song fits SO well!!! I always thought of it as a Jack song, but this really fits now!!! Great job using everyone and having all the clips from the island and his past. It totally fits with the song!!! It's perfect!!!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrecklesPhoenix: Glad you liked the Sawyer bit. Just in case anyone was wondering about the scene partiicularly at the end.. Jack's like stalking Kate basically and Sawyer catches him and goes to confront him and ends up callling him a cab cause he's too drugged up/drunk to drive.

Thanks a lot!

Deia: Hehe. Well we all know the guy who Kate has at home is Sawyer right? I mean random guy doesn't fit somehow. Although I suppose it could be Kevin but nah it's Sawyer Thanks!

Karolina I love this song so sad to see you don't like it, Maybe it's a guy song or something? But glad you liked my vid. You liked the coloruing yay thanks it was my first effort using color curves I hope it was okay.

Spoiler:

I know Juliet dying sucks but hey I don't write the show so she could be alive But you know there's no Jacket in the futuure so I thought it would be cool if part of the reason Jack was so messed up cause Juliet died.

Thanks! By the way on you reply to my comment on your awesome new Des vid you referred to me as Polarbear *feels dirty*

Elle: Glad you liked it Elle I was hoping jackaholic ce people would appreciate me making a Jack vid.

Bel: Awesome thanks Bel! Great compliment coming from a master of AU and storytelling.

Sassy: I stole your idea to use whisper clips! Sorry about that ;l) But you know I just had to. Really nice comments thanks a lot!

Spoiler:

I suggested he drowned and that was my intention (thanks for spotting that! but you know we never saw his body he could be alive.. somewhere

I have a couple of videos in the works but shoved them aside to make this Jack one. Making a trailer and an Eko vid.

Heather: Thanks beat use queen I tried hard with the beat use hope it worked.

hellybongo: Thanks hellybongo! I tried to keep the effects minimal but you know I can't trust myself Had to put some in there. I really didn't want to distract from the awesome song!

Joon: Thanks Joon In response to everyone saying they felt bad for Jack.. did you feel bad for him in the finale? Cause I did I was shocked when he was going to commit suicide that's so not Jack! But you know got to love messed up characters. I hope he comes through it though for the movie at least where they GO BACK

buffyfan: I kinda owe people a Jack vid especially after the amazing performance by Matthew in the finale. Thanks a lot
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

Great Video Paul
Loved it, i thought the song really worked well and the whisper clips were great
Great Video for jack, really enjoyed the ending aswell. Great stuff
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charlie!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

I think amazing is the only word I can use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: