Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Rominator 3: Rise of the Mikhails" by Polarbear
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: "Rominator 3: Rise of the Mikhails" by Polarbear Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Rominator 3: Rise of the Mikhails" 09-22-2007
The Others send another rominator to kill Claire and Aaron. This model is said to be virtually indestructible. Des, a friend of Aarons from the future is sent back in time to protect them.
Song: Terminator Theme by The Terminator
Vidder: Polarbear
Length: 2:55 (18MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoe_ScUM7xU
Download Link: http://www.badongo.com/vid/480210

Last edited by Polarbear on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is truly awesome, Paul. In fact, you are made of awesome. (don't ask, it's a reference to some vids online)

The editing was INCREDIBLE and the whole part around 1:12-13 where it shows Mikhail and says 'model number' etc, was amazing. I also liked the Dessie part. You just told the story sooo well. The idea was great as well, seeing as Mikhail should've died about 2 million times. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but seriously. This looked almost 'real' Paul! Gold for sure!

How long did it take you to make this?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I'm not sure how long it took me to make as I was working on another vid at the same time.

If ever there was a terminator on the show it's Mikhail he never dies. I'm sure he'll be back next season as well.

almost real? This is actually showing in theaters next weekend LVI got a sneak peek at it
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it was real. To me anyway. I just felt I was giving you way too many compliments. xD Just kidding. Seriously, this was amazingly well edited and I loved it. If I tried, I'd never be able to come close.

YAY! Theaters! Will I see you at the premier?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be my date on the red carpet
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!

So, can we ever expect a sequel? hehe Maybe if Mikhail survives till the next season, huh?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa Paul *speechless*

That was Bloody Amazing
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Rominator 3: Rise of the Mikhails by Polarbear Reply with quote

What can I say that hasn't already been said, Paul? Amazing editing, it looked like a real trailer/movie. Did not disappoint, all of this waiting has totally paid off. Fantastico! And hey...if SassyLostie2 mysteriously becomes "ill" the night of your red-carpet debut...I could totally take her place.
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Rominator 3: Rise of the Mikhails by Polarbear Reply with quote

This is really was just brilliantly made So professionally, especially the beginning. Following story was really simple, and Mikhails is just a perfect Rominator, bacause it's SOO fit his storyline on the show, I just already think that he can't died LOL

Effects were wonderful, especially " red targets" one, it's probably took so long in making O_O. ...oh, and I love humour concept in the beggining with "associated with no one in particular" ha ha, made me really laugh

Again, outstanding job!
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was incredible Paul!!! I really live your Rominator series and am so glad to see them get carried out. And unlike Hollywood sequels that get worse and Worse, Rominator has gotten better and better! The editing was very cinematic. Especially with the opening credits, with the credits fading in and out and the music on the main title! I loved the many funny quick bits you put in also, like the bits on Mikhail’s and
Spoiler:

Aarons diaper pile!

I had to watch the download version to see it all though! Amazing job again. So worth the wait!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for this one!! everytime i see your av im like "Ohh!! can't wait!!" So worth it; this was definately the best one i loved it! the whole look of it was so cool! and mikhail looks like he was taken from the movie. was karl a teenage aaron? cos that worked massively well! can't believe I havent see that before great work! I agree with trey, unlike hollywood these get better and better. awesome, awesome job Paul!! Im hoping there's a fourth for next season maybe with ben or Juliet as the next 'terminator'

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Paul, that was the most amazing fan trailer ever! I loved absolutely everything about it! The effects are great (how did you do that effect where you were scanning Mikhail's and Desmond's faces and bodies? ) and the clip choice is simply superb.

I couldn't help myself, I just had to laugh out loud when Mikhail was shooting at the birds that Claire had just released. Poor little fellows! And Mikhail's head in the sand at the end of the vid

Awesome work, Pauly! I'm definitely saving that one!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about a sequel to this. I mean I'm getting tired of using the same music for one If anyone can suggest any good songs to use that are terminatorish let me know

Charlie: Thanks

Carrie: Glad you thought it looked real. Hey who says I can't have two dates? lol

Anna: The red target wasn't so hard to make I used the animation in pan/crop to move the target and I animated a quick brightness/contrast high so it went white and back again. Hehe glad you liked that part it makes me laugh when I see that part too lol Thanks for ccomments!

Trey: Yay you caught the diapers bit lol I found a pic on the net of a huge mountain of diapers and thought itd be funny to use. Glad you thought it was worth the wait! was worried it would be a letdown after me spamming it lol

Kat: Yeah Karl was teenage Aaron I hoped that scene at the start wasn't too confusing I put a cast list on YT to help people know who's who. Possibly will make another one but I really need to find better music to use and yeah if someone starts screaming Terminator to me like Mikhail did I will most likely do another one.

Karolina: Glad you liked it It is kindof a pseudo trailer, more of a compressed movie with music all over it. But whatever it was you seemed to like it so thats cool lol I used the tv effect took everything off except the scan phase and slowed it down. Glad you liked the part with the birds thought that would be funny hehe. Thanks!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Rominator 3: Rise of the Mikhails by Polarbear Reply with quote

Lostaway wrote:
And hey...if SassyLostie2 mysteriously becomes "ill" the night of your red-carpet debut...I could totally take her place.

*distracts Sassy and Carrie with a basket of fresh-from-the-oven cookies and snags the coveted role as Pauly's date for the premiere* Hey, I can be eye candy, too, ya know?

Anyway, back on topic! That was a completely worthy successor to the brilliant Rominator line! *applause applause applause* Naked Des "transporting" in like that was just BRILLIANT! And Karl as teenaged Aaron? Oh come on, was that inspired or was that inspired? *wild applause*

And I love the mix of cheekiness (Aaron's diapers, lol! ) with downright scary (head in the saaaaaaaand!!!! ). Wonderfully, fantastically done! YAFSVFTHOP!*

*Yet Another Fantabulous Spectacular Vid From The House Of Polarbear!

*goes back to distracting her rivals with more fresh-baked goodies*
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Paul, I really enjoyed it. You are great at impossible manips scenes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: