Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pimpalicious: Sweet Charity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Pimpalicious: Sweet Charity Reply with quote

I just thought I'd post a notice about Sweet Charity

What is Sweet Charity? From their FAQ:
Quote:
This is a charity auction, selling the (wicked mad) fannish skillz of Charity Hos for cold hard donations. You can buy, okay rent, the talents of vidders, writers and artists and they will create goodies just for you, to your specs.

Both Dayln and myself have signed up as Charity hos this go-round. Myself for fic of varying fandoms, and she of course, for her (wicked mad) vidding skillz.

You can still sign up to be a ho if you are so inclined, until the 8th! And after that bidding runs through the Sept 9th through the 22nd.

Last edited by SuperKC on Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool I've signed up for an account
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Becca, are you going to sign up to be a ho? Or are you going to bid? Haha.

I myself am offering 3 fics to bid on and here are the specs:
Quote:
I will write one fic, at minimum of 1,500 words, for the winning bidders. Slash, het, and gen, and even incest (but not femmeslash simply because I've never written it before). I prefer drama, angst, and dark themes. Will write anything from G-R for the winners. (If you are very very convincing, and come bearing virtual chocolates, you might even be able to squeeze an NC-17 out of me.)

There are certain characters I am not comfortable writing, and some preferred, though I will write anybody so long as they are not on my "won't write" list, so check the lists below.

To see examples of my work, check here:
http://super-kc.livejournal.com/50482.html

LOST:
FAVORITES - (Richard, Alex, Jack, Claire, Sawyer, Ben, Richard/Alex, Jack/Sawyer, Sawyer/Claire, Alex/Jack, Alex/Sawyer, Jack/Claire, Jack/Sawyer/Claire)
WON'T WRITE - (Charlie, Juliet, Locke, Hurley, Michael)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA:
FAVORITES - (Kara, Leoben, Tyrol, Gaeta, Anders, Tigh, Sharon, Kara/Leoben, Lee/Kara, Helo/Kara, Helo/Tyrol, Jammer/Cally, Anders/Lee, Anders/Kara)
WON'T WRITE - (D'anna Biers [Three])

SUPERNATURAL:
FAVORITES - (Dean, Bobby, Ellen, Jo, Sam/Jo, Sam/Dean, Dean/Jo, Ava, John)
WON'T WRITE - (Jess, Madison, Sarah, Carmen, Cassie, Meg)

BIG LOVE:
FAVORITES - (Margie, Ben, Sarah, Anna, Joey, Margie/Ben, Joey/Barb)
WON'T WRITE - (NONE)
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else would you be offering despite vidding skillz?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can offer pretty much anything. Is that what you're asking? You can even offer jewelry or other hand-made items, etc.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why wont you write for
Charlie, Juliet, Locke, Hurley, Michael?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juliet has no personality and I can't write that. (I have a hard time writing Kate as well, but I will write her.) Hurley is too funny, and I don't DO funny. Charlie's also funny but I just don't like him and have no interest in exploring his character in fic. Same goes for Locke, minus the funny part. And Michael, well they butchered his character on the show and so I have a hard time taking him seriously and again, don't really feel any desire whatsoever to write him.

With pretty much all the other characters, I can think of interesting ways to write them, interesting avenues to explore with the characters. The characters I listed above that I don't want to write, I find are either dull, or just entirely uninspiring. (Or, like Hurley, are too funny/light. I really only write dark fics. It's my MO.)
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC, how did you get it that you're offering three fics to bid on? Is that the quantity thing? Cuz I wouldn't mind offering up a few to different bidders, but not all to the same bidder. I'm confused I've signed up, by the way, to be a Charity Ho
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up, as "klshelly".

In the event anyone is interested:

Fiction (2 items) wrote:
Limit: 5k words, for my sanity.

I'm willing to do original work, too.

Fandoms: Lost, Babylon 5, The Prisoner, Due South (no slash with this one plz), Doctor Who, MI-5/Spooks, Wire in the Blood.

Challenge me. I like writing challenges! If it's something sexual, it must be between consenting adults. I won't write Jate (Lost) or Due South slash.

Fanfiction.net profile: thefilmchick. Fictionpress.net profile: thefilmchick.

Writing will occur after my appellate brief is due (Sept. 21), for obvious reasons. Sorry; blame law school!

Graphics (2 items) wrote:
Will create wallpapers, video icons, and various other graphics. I have: Photoshop CS2, and many Lost episodes, a couple of Dr. Who, and a couple of MI-5. Otherwise I'll need to be provided with the pictures you want graphicized. Check out my icon thread at lostvideo.net (username: thefilmchick) for examples.

I'm also willing to do original work.

Fandoms: Lost, Babylon 5, The Prisoner, Due South, Doctor Who. MI-5/Spooks, Wire in the Blood.

Graphics work will occur after my appellate brief is due (Sept. 21), for obvious reasons. Sorry; blame law school!

Videos (1 item) wrote:
My Lost stuff isn't half bad (profile: thefilmchick; advanced vidder over at LVI). I will do one video at request, but would prefer to spend my time on something I'm interested in.

Therefore, preferred characters: Sawyer, Sayid, Desmond, the Others. Ships I won't do: Jate. I would otherwise prefer the request be non-shippy. The quirkier or more unusual the song, the better.

I'm disappointed that it won't let me offer more fiction, because I write fast on spec. ETA: And yes, I realize most Due South fangirls only watch it for slashy reasons. However, I happen to think it's a fantastic comedy/action series that doesn't need any sort of relationship between RayV/K and Fraser than the platonic male bonding stuff that went on in the show.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
KC, how did you get it that you're offering three fics to bid on? Is that the quantity thing? Cuz I wouldn't mind offering up a few to different bidders, but not all to the same bidder. I'm confused I've signed up, by the way, to be a Charity Ho

When you sign up for 3 fics or more than one of anything for that matter, they are auctioned off separately (with the same description on each.)

Last edited by SuperKC on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh okay cool, thanks KC. yeah I'm up there as mistojen, seeing as how thats my username for pretty much everything
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also: If folks need me to beta Lost fiction for this, hit me up via PM and you get first place in the queue. I'm not confident enough in my vidding skills to offer that, but I am sure of my writing. (I have past experience as a writing center tutor and English TA, too.) It will have to be after September 21, per my comments over there, but I'll give it some decent attention after that.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sweet-charity.net/index.php?set=auction

Bidding has started! Place your bets ladies and gents!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandwidth exceeded.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eep, uh oh, they'd better get on that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: