Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Emotional Support Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
Today is a really sad day for me. A year ago today my Aunts baby died. I keep having flashes of that awful phone call and her funeral. They are still having a hard time with it. I can't imagine ever loosing a child! It really bothers me just to think about it. They are having a memorial for her later today.
I thought it would help to write this and just get it out there. I do feel a little better now, so thanks to anyone that is reading this and please pray for them.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear that's a horrible thing to happen to someone *hugs*

Sorry to hear about your puppy too Kat :/ *hugs*
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, Nikki, how terrible *hugs* Glad sharing that makes you feel a little better though. I'll say a little prayer later.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Nikki how bad *hugs*
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh im sorry to here that Nikki. Losing a child is never easy.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I just feel so bad for them b/c it was their first child and they probably won't be able to have another one b/c of her age. They just barely took the crib down. Its been a really sad year for them.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww I'm sorry nikki.
*hugs*

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went to see my Great nana today. (You know, the one I thought would die soon. My concerns are a few pages back)

First off, she had no clue who I was. But I assumed that was because of my haircut. I half expected it really.

But then she started acting all weird. I mean, she was always a little funny. But she's lost it! I felt like I was talking to a complete stranger!

She started off with her usual trouble, with her hearing and her complaining etc Then when she realised who I was (!!) she claimed to have no photos of me as a kid (She is surrounded by several photos of me, my siblings and my cousins!) So my gran had to point out the many photos of me and my sister to her. Then she was like "You have a lot of cousins! That whole wall is pictures of just your cousins!"

I have two cousins on her side of the family. And there was, like, two pictures of them.

Then she started telling me about how she left school when she was 14, etc. She talked about all her brothers and sisters and friends who are now dead (which is sad enough!) She talked about her younger sister who has been dead for 2 years but then 20 minutes later she claimed that she (her sister, her DEAD sister) was going to visit her next month! What the Hell? She also kept complaining about her ankles (which are horribly swollen) and that she couldn't go out anymore. But...then she insisted she had been out to look for a bakery. My gran was like "Just ignore her." because she kept coming up with all these stories that hadn't happened (recently anyway)

One of the things that shocked me most was that she actually asked me if I had been in her house before!! I've been visiting her in that house since I was a little kid! O___o And THEN she said she had only been living in it a month!!! She's lived there 20 years! She's becoming so forgetful and weird. It's like her mind is shifting from the past to the present! I almost burst out crying several times! I can't handle how she's become! I don't think I can visit her again, the change and weirdness is too much. She just kept speaking gibberish and forgetting simple things. It was scaring me.

Last edited by Jemmz on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats sad Jemma,
I'm sorry! I know how you feel though b/c my great grandma got like that towards the end and she would be fine one minute and talking to me and then the other minute she'd look at me and say who are you?

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww it's such a shock isn't it? I live so far away so I don't visit very often and then when I do, I find her like this and I've never seen her like it before. She's 96, I dunno what we're gonna do with her
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is shocking...and I really hope that I don't live long enough to get like that. Its just sad. You might as well be dead if you don't remember anyone anymore.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was thinking. Whether it would be best for her to "move on" but it would still be really sad. And I'm not used to people dying. I haven't been to one funeral in my lifetime. I hope I don't get like that either. It must be terrible
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Jemma. That really is terrible...and I have had similar feelings to that.

This January, my grandfather was dying...the doctors said he had about a couple of months..the next day he died. He had the same type of thing your grandmother had, but not as bad. He didn't remember things, and I couldn't stand it because I just wanted to cry. The feeling hurts so much, and I feel for you Jemma, I'm soo soo sorry.

About funerals...I have been to 4 in less than 3 months. It's horrible.

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4? You poor thing. I've only been to 2. One of them I didn't know the person very well but the other one was really sad b/c it was my cousin. She was just a tiny baby... very sad!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: