Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Rant (All Aimless Rants Welcome)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg. that happened to me too!!!
My Oceanic 6 video (How far we've come) and my Chun video (Falling inside the black) is both gone now and they didn't even tell me!!!
The worst part is that I don't have a copy of the oceanic 6 one, so now it's gone forever
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no!
Petar
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that really sucks that your vids have been taken down
Youtube has been going down hill ever since they were taken over by Google and the WMG rights thingy blocks and mutes almost everything!
I had this very same problem with my vid but I really didn't want to change the song as the vid pretty much revolved around it and would suck without it, so I found a way to get around it but I'm not sure whether this is a good solution but its all i've got
If you edit the song slightly in audacity with effects or tempo just enough for the filter to not recognize it, they should let it through!
One way I know for sure it works is to slow the tempo of the song by just 3% and it will make it though the WMG filter no problems
The actual song will hardly sound different to the original and be very hard to tell the difference with the naked ear but it will very slightly put your effects to the music out of sync by maybe one second, but I reckon its better than having a muting vid! Besides you can always put your other links on your vid aswell if they want to see the proper version!
I hope I was able to help, by the way youtube really sucks the lengths they are making us go thesedays
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?!??!?!?!?!

They disabled my Lost Angels video and muted my Kill Me, Kate vid T_T Since when does Skillet have a contract with them?? I looked on the list and it said they weren't
And OMG they got my Somewhere vid too. All without letting me know with an email.

Is it possible to resolve copyright when they are completely disabled or is that just for audio??

I've heard that about audacity. But I can't do that to my finished vids, I'll have to upload them somewhere else. Frakking YT
Petar
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that totally sucks they took your vids down Jemma!
Youtube totally blows with this whole copyright crusade they've been going on with lately, I mean even artists that aren't even with WMG I've noticed are being muted and pulled
Yeah I know you can't do it with your finished vids, I just meant for people that have a song in mind before making a vid and really wanna use it despite it being from a WMG label
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yeah, luckily the dispute claim thing worked and they're all back up....for now It pissed me off at the time though And artists who weren't on the WMG list a few weeks ago, like Evanescence, are now ._. Which has worried me because I made an intro with a song by Amy Lee so idk if those vids will be taken down now :S And Sarah McLachlan is on the list now. We did a whole contest using just her songs!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I have a random rant!

My brother's facebook status Wednesday night was about how he was annoyed that Lost wasn't on, and one of his friends replied saying that she quit watching Lost long ago because, "the concept at the beginning was awesome, but now...ugh".

The concept at the beginning? Just what did she think the concept was, at the beginning, that it's so drastically different now? I mean... yes... things have changed drastically, but I'm not under the impression that the show's "concept" has strayed from what it was originally. I think this was probably just one of those viewers who expected it to be a fictionalized version of Survivor, and got ticked off because they had to use brain cells to keep up.

Meh.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay to yell, scream, and kick Youtube real hard. I'm soooo annoyed and frusrated right now at Youtube! I just uploaded my brand new Twilight video that I worked really really hard on, and it's like one of my best videos yet, and they disabled it before it even finished uploading .

I guess I'll just have to upload it to Imeem or something...gah! stupid youtube! I really dislike them sometimes!

Okay...rant over! for now
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tammy, just go here -

http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=18899
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man Allie! Your a life saver..I didn't even know about that! Thanks
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe It's no problem. Thank Nikki. She posted it on the site.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take this opportunity to rant about my DVR...

It didn't record Lost!! What the heck? It's supposed to be set to record the series! So now it's Thursday and I still haven't seen the new episode and won't get to until tomorrow when I have time to watch online. >_< Rawr, I was all pumped to watch Lost when I got home last night, but my evil DVR was all, "RAWR NO, just kidding, I'm broken and haven't recorded anything this week!" :X

Yeah....I'm less annoyed today than I was last night. But still. What the heck, DVR?

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn technology!!!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was annoying. I have to make my dad call Mediacom and find out what's wrong with the dang thing.

art by me&tammy
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG I am ready to punch someone in the FACE!!

There's this broker I work with - roughly about the same age as I, and I fucking can't stand him. He's a major douchebag. He walks around acting like he's hot shit, and then he's all condescending when he asks for stuff from me. He fucking acts like I'm the person in charge, that I can do everything, that I know everything, and that I'm his fucking personal assistant! I HATE IT!

He asked me about this flyer today - first off, flyers are not my thing. I like doing them, sure, but my boss is trying to move us (us being me and her, since we're research, not marketing) away from doing them, but it sounded like a simple enough thing (and of course he needs it ASAP ), so I went in and looked for the flyer. First - there are 3 different flyers, in the folder. I find the one he needs and for some reason, I can't make any changes to the first page. I'm not an idiot when it comes to InDesign, but I couldn't figure it out.

So I call our marketing person, who's working from home today and she says she'll take care of it. So she does, sends it to him - then he leaves me this voicemail that's like "Um...she sent me the wrong flyer and I need this and this changed not this and it's just totally wrong, so like if you could let her know and have her change that or do it yourself as soon as you can, great."

OMFG - HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO HAVE A DIALOGUE WITH THE PERSON WHO'S RESPONSIBILITY THIS IS AND NOT INVOLVE ME??? HOW HARD IS IT TO EMAIL HER AND TELL HER WHAT'S WRONG???

Not to mention - the reason I called her in the first place was because I couldn't figure it out! She's the one who deals with the files, she knows which is the right one, she knows what's been done, etc. etc. etc. Why am I the one getting the brunt of this? I'm a fucking RESEARCH PERSON. I'm not supposed to do flyers. Just because I can do it, just because i know HOW to do it, doesn't mean that it's my fucking JOB. I offer to help people with stuff like that because I'm nice. My boss doesn't want me doing it.

And now I swear, I've heard him complaining to someone....I swear to god, I'm gonna punch him in the fucking face. He's such a douche. I just wish someone would put him in his place. What a fucking ASSHAT. He's such a fucking lazy piece of shit. He's too important to send a goddamn email to the one person who can actually do what he needs.

I hate real estate people sometimes....I really hate them....

(sorry for the cursing. I'm just really miffed right now )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: