Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Scientist" by Akirehtur
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akirehtur
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: "The Scientist" by Akirehtur Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Scientist" 07-27-2007
July 2007 contest 1st place winner! AU, after the rescue Jack and Kate cant be together and Jack wants to go back to the start...
Song: The Scientist by Coldplay
Vidder: Akirehtur
Length: 4:45 (57MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC4yRWrGVjQ
http://www.zshare.net/video/2869557e954363/

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg. that was so beautiful. I never wanted it to end...so many fave parts. having the scenes reverse was a stroke of genius! I felt as though Jack was trying to undo everything that happened with him and Kate because it was too hard seeing as they couldnt be together off the island. one very small scene that, for some reason, made me tear up, was when before-island jack was walking down the hospital hallway and it faded into after-island Jack. that made me sad because he's obviously changed so much! and not for the better. The kiss on the TV, another small moment that's a fave. The whole kissing scene in reverse, perfect. The ending, had to wipe a tear away. I NEVER actually have running tears in vids. I did once recently for a Charlie tribute, but no other's have made me sad in the way that this one did. Beautifully done. Loved it! In my faves on youtube just stunning and absolutely deserving of first place

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! *clutches heart. Broken Jack. That's beautiful I have always loved thsi song and I LOVED that you encorporated the theme of the original coldplay music video of the backwards footage. That was just awesome. Lovely work!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb vid.
I loved a few things in particular:
1. The backwards scenes - who would have thought the backwards Jate kiss could work better than the forward one? Brilliant idea, and PERFECT for the song.
2. The whole song fitting perfectly to the theme
3. That merge from old jack to new bearded Jack. I actually "SQUEE"d. It was so good. Perhaps someone else has done that shot already - in which case I don't know - but man that was AWESOME!
4. The way you didn't sacrifice the feel of the song for some fast beats! It was so flowy- like a dream! Just like how one would imagine this song to look like. You made everything a fade, and yet it wasn't boring at all. Gorgeous!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: The Scientist by Akirehtur Reply with quote

This is truly one of the best vids in a while!!! LOVE the backwards stuff to complement the Coldplay vid, the part with kiss was just perfect, and that morph was AMAZING!!! Awesome, awesome vid! Congrats on your well-deserved 1st place!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: The Scientist by Akirehtur Reply with quote

that was, guh! Videos like that make me so proud to ship jate I loved how you went backwards through the seasons (at the end) to the first meeting. I loved the kiss on the telly too! It all fitted together so beautifully!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an amazing video. Amazing effects, split screens and everything. Love the going in reverse and the scene Warren mentioned of the transition between old Jack and new jack in the hospital. Amazing. Congrats on a well deserved 1st place.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be one of the best Jate videos ever, I adored the split screens i thought they were amazing, Loved the scenes in reverse it worked so well just like the mv for the song. I know this has been said a few times but i loved the old jack/new jack transistion worked really well.
The kiss on the tv was great too, there were just so many things i adored about this vidoe and i'm a skater
That was a much deserved first place
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely brilliant!!!!Well deserver 1st place!
This video nearly brought me to tears...the reserved scenes were great,the whole story fitted the song perfectly...awesome vid...maybe your best one!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG!!! That was beautiful! One of the best Jate vids I've seen and definitely worthy winner of this contest!
Nice work!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guessed that you would come in first! WOOHOO! this video is just Brilliant! I posted over on youtube about how I love the backwards effect. Love this! Congrats on first place ... it is so deserved *HUG*

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was EXCELLENT. I love this song so much, and this is by far the best vid ive seen to it! I loved all the back to the starrt parts with the reverse effect. The morph of jack was superb. Just the whole smooth feel to the vid was awsome!!! Congratulations on first! You really diserved it!
Akirehtur
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: The Scientist by Akirehtur Reply with quote

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! I don't have time to read all of your comments or wacht the other videos right now (on holiday) but I will, oh I can't belive that I won, thak you thank you! :O
Lizzie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was so perfect well done, even if I am a Skater The backwards effects and everything worked so well it was amazing!

I had the same idea as this but with another couple to do the backwards effect except Windows Movie Maker doesn't have that effect But it doesn't matter because you did a much better job than I would ever have done and definitley deserved first place, well done!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: The Scientist by Akirehtur Reply with quote

I was always kind of a Jater but this has made me love Jack and Kate as a couple even more. Gorgeous video, beautiful. I've never seen one like this. I adored the rewinding and especially at the end. Congratulations on first place!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: