Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble With Sony Vegas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Thanks so much Aislynn and Fan4Lost! I appreciate your advice a lot, tho it may just be easier to use my audio recorder to record the lines I need for certain parts of the music vid. My computer is being really slow when it comes to rendering files on Vegas, I dunno why.

You're quite welcome! And yes, I'd definitely recommend just using your audio recorder in that case! I used to be able to do that with my audio recorder until I had to change computers. This one's sound card doesn't support that so now I can't record anything through it! That's really frustrating!

Ahem, off-topic there, sorry!

The main things that I know which will slow rendering down are not having enough RAM, having multiple timelines, having a lot of effects, and having a particularly long project. Or all of the above! But sometimes it just seems to go slow despite it not being any of those things. *frustrated sigh* Hope you're able to get it all worked out!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, quick question but im a bad explainer so it may take awhile. Is there a way to make all the clips in my vid the same size without doing it clip by clip? you can do it each clip with the event pan/crop button under preset but is there a way that i could say, for example, make the whole video 4:3 Standard TV aspect ratio without doing it clip by clip?

Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is.

1. Right click on a clip that you applied the Zoom to and select COPY.

2. Now, hold down the SHIFT key and drag your mouse to the right and highlight all the clips you want to be zoomed the same.

3. Right click on them, and select PASTE EVENT ATTRIBUTES.

That will apply the same zoom to all the highlighted clips. Viola!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i could kiss you , i would. sending you a cyber kiss via LVI. thank you so much!! You've helped me so much. First vid in Vegas!

Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another question. I heard you talking about Zoom and stuff, but I can never seem to figure out how to do that. I haven't even seen that effect, tho I see people use it!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, zooming is really just another term for panning. In order to zoom/pan you'll need to go into Pan/Crop cpanel which is located here:

If you want to animate the zoom (Example, zoom in or out slowly) then you need to enable your sync cursor for your keyframes.

I hate to keep sedning you to my homepage, but this will demonstrate how to do it: http://fan4lost.com/blog/?page_id=130
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind! Keep doing it! i need help sometimes and you are very helpful. I just got Vegas very recently, so it's nice to have people who are willing to walk me through it. Funny...usually I'm very computer literate and catch on to things fast...
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad, it took me 3 months before I would even touch Sony Vegas...it scared me.

And I'm glad to help.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
I just got Vegas very recently, so it's nice to have people who are willing to walk me through it. Funny...usually I'm very computer literate and catch on to things fast...

Don't feel bad at all! I think pretty much everybody goes through this at the start with Vegas! It does so many things so differently from WMM (which is what most vidders are used to before they get the chance to "upgrade" ) that it just kind of boggles your mind until you get the feel of it!

True confession time: It took me about 4 vids before I could get the hang of zooming with the pan/crop tool. I inevitably did it backwards on the first try (zooming out when I meant to zoom in or vice versa ) then would have to try and swap the keyframes around and get it going in the right direction! I still to this day occasionally do it wrong and have to swap them around again!

And you don't even want to know how many people I had trying to help me with my first bunch of vids! I'd send them screencaps and say, "What am I doing wrong here? Why isn't it working???????"

So don't worry, you'll get the hang of it in time!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sooooo much Fan4Lost and Aislynn. You two have been incredibly helpful and made this experience so much easier. I really appreciate it!

One more thing...does Sony Vegas have slow down and speed up effects? I haven't been able to find that one...

Btw, my Des vid is now up thanks to everyone's help!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it does.

1. Move your mouse to the end of the clip and a little tiny transparent box will appear with an arrow inside of it.

2. Press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard and right click on the end of the clip and drag it right.

That will slow it down. To speed it up, just do the same but move it to the left.

Hope that helps!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks! When I look these things up in help, it doesn't seem to have them. I much prefer the nice people here on LVI.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome! Anytime.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steph you totally rock at your Vegas tips learned heaps off of you That's so cool about the paste attributes will save me some time vidding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: