Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Runaway Train" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: "Runaway Train" by Aislynn Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Runaway Train" 06-14-2007
An angsty Jack character study focusing on the events that could have brought him to that bridge at the end of Season 3.
Song: Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 3:19 (13MB WMV)

Link(s): http://namastenikki.ning.com/video/runaway-train-jack-lost
http://showyourvids.ning.com/video/runaway-train-jack-lost
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_RunawayTrain.zip
(Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench)

Last edited by Aislynn on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day, I'll make a happy Jack vid. But this is not that day.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw. Broken Jack! Ais! *squishes* Loved it! I'm so glad you finished it!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!! Really like the audio in this!

Great job, Ais!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guh, Aislynn OMG, I'm so glad you finished this! This was absolutely amazing. The color effects (especially the sunset clip of Juliet and Jack as well as the color of Jack's liquor when the rest of the clip was black and white) were AWESOME! The whole thing after Ben said every living person on the island would die...holy AU Batman! *moves vid from desktop to external hard drive* You amaze me. A lot. *bows down*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC: I *heart* me some angsty!Jack, what can I say! Thanks! *smishes*

Uruviel: Aw, thank you! I wasn't completely thrilled with the volume levels but it was the best mix of music/audio that I could come up with. So I'm really glad to hear that you liked it! Thanks again! *hugs!*

mistojen: Jen, my super!beta, going above and beyond the call! Thank you SO much for all your help and encouragement on this one! I definitely would've buried it in the backyard at 1:08 if not for you! Ooo, and glad you liked the sunset clip! (I'm especially glad you thought it looked nice 'cause it's actually a manip! Jack wasn't in that scene! ) I was afraid that flash of color in the liquor was too subtle to be seen, so I'm really tickled that you noticed it! And I'm totally honored you liked this one enough to save it! Thanks again so much! *super(natural)!hugs*
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Jen, my super!beta, going above and beyond the call! Thank you SO much for all your help and encouragement on this one! I definitely would've buried it in the backyard at 1:08 if not for you!

I'm so glad that I could be part of the reason you kept truckin' on this vid, Ais, seriously, because it turned out amazing. Seriously, just amazing.

Quote:
Ooo, and glad you liked the sunset clip! (I'm especially glad you thought it looked nice 'cause it's actually a manip! Jack wasn't in that scene! )

You know, to be honest, I was like RACKING my brain trying to think of a time when Jack and Juliet were sitting together for a sunset like that and I thought I was just missing something. REALLY great manip!!

Quote:
I was afraid that flash of color in the liquor was too subtle to be seen, so I'm really tickled that you noticed it! And I'm totally honored you liked this one enough to save it! Thanks again so much! *super(natural)!hugs*

Pshhh, I was like "wtf? did I just see that?!" and had to go back because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me lol That was a really neat effect I really loved the AU of this vid, Ais, of course I saved it!

*Megatron!Hugs*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais, that was totally squeee-worthy!!
Not only because it had lotsa angsty Jack and lots of Jacket goodness (have you become a Jacket fan? Come on, admit it!!! ), but you've also used one of my all-time-favourite songs!!

The song worked really, really well for a Jack vid and you did a great job on the interpretation of the lyrics... for example the moment when Jack said he would get them all off the island to the line "One more promise I couldn't keep", that really gave me goose bumps!
Same with "Can you help me remember how to smile".... well, you know, I'm such a fan of great, sweet Jacket moments.

The audio part towards the end with Ben talking about the death of each Lostie was a real highlight and it was very well edited!

What can I say? I looooved every single moment of it and I think I have a new favourite Ais vid.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Runaway Train by Aislynn Reply with quote

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ais that was great, Jacket whoo!!!!
Angst Jack omg that just rocked. I have been looking forward to watching this video and it just rocks my socks so good
You managed to work the song well too for Jack which just made it even better.
The audio was just brilliant aswell just really well done
Manon
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Runaway Train by Aislynn Reply with quote

greaat video =D !
nomad
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love all of your videos, but this one really struck me with just how good you are! I actually said "Ooooo" out loud when

Spoiler:

you showed everyone dying

I am blown away by the subtleties of your editing. You always find little ways to get that beat use in, and it doesn't go unnoticed. I too loved the color on Jack's glass that you put in there. I just love your vidding style and I love this video!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Runaway Train by Aislynn Reply with quote

YAAAYYY!!! Im soo glad you finished this, it was AWSOME!!! I loved all the color effects you used, and the song choice! You told a great story! I liked how you made it Juliet the person he was trying to contact instead of kate, and also all the corrospondin shots of Jack and the coffin! I loved angsty jack, i think he is probably the most Emo of all the lostaways!!! Amazing! im going to go download it now!!!
dduked
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Runaway Train by Aislynn Reply with quote

Perfect clip. Liked very much the comparison with the stewardess in the plane. Not to tell about the great transitions and effects. Excellent.
Apple
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid! I love everything about it

Because I love you.
Luka
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... just WOW...
So-broken-and-so-fuc*ed-up Jack IS LOVE!
I loved this video so freaking much Aislynn! The editing was great and I loved the effects, the on the desk, Juliet´s hand at the glass wall... so tenuous and so perfect.
And I always loved this song.
5 stars, for sure!

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: