Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x22 Through The Looking Glass Season Finale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Quote:

- Everyone's pissed at Sawyer killing Tom it seems. And as much as I liked Tom, I am just going to have to wholeheartedly disagree. Sure it's another revenge carried out, like the Real Mr. Sawyer. But it wasn't carried out IN HIS NAME. He did it for Walt and he did it for ALL OF THEM, because the ramications of that night were far more reaching than Walt being kidnapped for a couple months. Well Zeke, you had it coming. End of story. People died as a result of that. And god knows what else you've done in the name of Ben and Jacob. So THANK YOU SAWYER.

How is that any different from Charlie shooting Ethan? (or is it?)

- Tom has been on the show for three seasons. That's right. He was technically in the finale of season 1. Ethan was in a handful of episodes. He was a formidable bad-ass kind of villian and cool as shit. I was pissed as a viewer that Ethan was killed at ALL because of these reasons. (Therefore pissed at the writers for throwing away a good thing.)

- I was pissed at CHARLIE for killing Ethan because that was not what everyone else had agreed upon, and they had planned to use Ethan to get more information. At that time, it would have been highly useful, or in the least interesting. Say he only fed them lies. He could have escaped and THEN Charlie could have gone after him and killed him. It would have made more sense at that point. Because then he really WOULD have been protecting Claire and not just doing it out of revenge or some weird need to be "involved." Ethan was on the ground with several guns pointed at his head. He wasn't in any position to be harmful to Claire at that point. Even say, if Ethan had somehow gotten the upper-hand over Locke, Sayid, Jack, Sawyer, AND Kate (oh highly doubtful, but it could happen!) and then Charlie stepped in guns blazing and saved the day. THAT would have made more sense. As it happened, it didn't make sense. It just made me mad.

- Tom doesn't have any information that they don't already know. Except that Ben's a big fat liar-head. But wait, they already do know that. As much as we like Tom, he is a villian. And not near as badass as Ethan ever was. He's the right hand man of Ben from time to time, though often, it appears, kept in the dark. He's not exactly a threat physically, clearly most of the guys could beat him in a fistfight and without weapons he's not much of an adversary. His danger lied in his loyalty to Ben and Jacob.

SORT OF O.T. (This flashback Ethan, is pretty lame compared to season 1 ethan, you must admit. The actor would probably look a lot different if he had been on the show for any significant amount of time. Be more fit, not have stupd hair, etc. All of that superficial stuff aside, they've just REALLY downplayed his bad-assness in the flashbacks SO MUCH.)

Last edited by SuperKC on Fri May 25, 2007 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... but... Football!

...yeah, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, the official name of the futurebacks are "Flash Forward"s:
http://lost.cubit.net/viewEgg.php?id=291

(and, you know, it makes sense, unlike "futurebacks" - talk about Oxymoron)

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri May 25, 2007 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BALDERDASH!
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay am i the only one who's bloody pissed off about the way charlie died? why didn't he just get out of the room?! he could shut it from outside and even if he couldn't, they'd have to swim out anyway!! it's not gonna be a big problem that the station gets flooded!!!! He's only saving the unimportant bit of it anyway!!! ARRGHFDGMBNDKJLBN!!!!!!!!!!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have wrote a lot! I'll try and read it all later. I couldn't get on here yesterday.

Ok so first thing's first: (<--- My reaction to the ep!!!!)

Dude that was AWESOME!!!

Here's what I thought:

- WTF Walt?????

- Charlie's death. Totally cried my eyes out. I didn't think that I would. It was a heroic death. It may actually be the best LOST death in my opinion. Desmond looking at him through the glass was just
I don't think his death was pointless. He was always going to die. It was best he died like this.

- JAAAAAAATE!!!! Jack, dude it took you long enough!
What is it with Jate and hands too???

- Flash forward! Never saw that coming! When the car pulled up behind Jack I had this crazy feeling it might be Kate! And then it was! At first I thought Did they actually know each other before the Island? But then she said still pulling people out of burning wreckage? I was like nooooo waaaaaaaaaay!!! And then it all became claer!!!! How are they going to carrying from this?

- The guy in the coffin: Sawyer! I know a lot of people think it's Locke, but I don't think there is anyway that he would leave the Island. And why would Jack think that Kate would be there. It had to be Sawyer. I very much doubt that anyone would show up for his funeral. I don't think the he that would be wondering where Kate was is Sawyer. Although I'm sure a lot of you Skater's would like to think so. My theory there is that it's her son. She was pregnant. Sawyer probably didn't want anything to do with it and that's why she reacted the way she did about his death! In fact when Jack was talking to her about it. It was almost as if she knew about the death already. Maybe she killed Sawyer!

- Emo suicidal physco Jack! FTW!!!

- Ben was actually telling the truth about something! I had a feeling that the rescue wasn't going to be a simple as calling the boat and leaving the Island!

- OMG JAWYER!!!! He soooo didn't deny it!
Ooooh and he so didn't kill Tom for taking Walt! He was playing footabll with his Jack!

- haha, building a runway for the aliens! I love that Lost can take the mick out of itself sometimes!

- Oh and Hurley! Dude, I love that guy!

Ok that'll dod for now. I didn't mean to write so much!

It's gonna be killer waiting until February!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Noj wrote:

Charlie's death was a total and utter waste. Complete lack of realism. Mikael not dying, total lack of realism and FFS gimme a break. How do they think I'm gonna take this show seriously when someone won't die?
The flash forward stuff was alright, until the end where they just made it a complete joke. If they got rescued Kate will be in jail, it has to happen.

The beach stuff went down pretty well overall, was surprising though the start of it was meh. Hurley being a hero though was awesome, and Sawyer just putting a round straight in Tom's chest was ace. Sayid breaking that guys neck was good as well, Jin capping some people. Some good stuff.
The hike was fine apart from not beating Ben to death, which you would do, again until the end. WTF was that from Locke? Throwing the knife and threatening Jack etc, WTF. Once again Locke ruins it completely, just like he did in season 2 with all his fate crap.

Noj, sometimes you scare me just a bit with your obsession over people needing to die . LMAO

When someone gets shot straight in the heart with a harpoon gun at point blank range, then just gets up and swims away 100% fine, how am I sposed to take it seriously? I live in the real world. If people are trying to kill you and you get the chance to kill them, you're gonna take it. You're a mug if you don't. Which is why Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley and Jin's actions were all good.
Charlie's death was pointless given he had 2 ways out. A) Run out the door and close it B) Once the chamber was almost full, take a last gulp of air and then swim out the porthole and up to the surface. Be a shorter route anyway!

Anyone got the address of ABC so I can write to them and thank them for wrecking a good show?

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

- The guy in the coffin: Sawyer! I know a lot of people think it's Locke, but I don't think there is anyway that he would leave the Island. And why would Jack think that Kate would be there. It had to be Sawyer. I very much doubt that anyone would show up for his funeral. I don't think the he that would be wondering where Kate was is Sawyer. Although I'm sure a lot of you Skater's would like to think so. My theory there is that it's her son. She was pregnant. Sawyer probably didn't want anything to do with it and that's why she reacted the way she did about his death! In fact when Jack was talking to her about it. It was almost as if she knew about the death already. Maybe she killed Sawyer!

Well, when you put it that way, sounds possible!
I hope they actually tell us this at some point... it seems like they won't have to since this is in the future and all. Makes me want to scan it extra carefully for clues lol.

Quote:

When someone gets shot straight in the heart with a harpoon gun at point blank range, then just gets up and swims away 100% fine, how am I sposed to take it seriously? I live in the real world. If people are trying to kill you and you get the chance to kill them, you're gonna take it. You're a mug if you don't. Which is why Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley and Jin's actions were all good.
Charlie's death was pointless given he had 2 ways out. A) Run out the door and close it B) Once the chamber was almost full, take a last gulp of air and then swim out the porthole and up to the surface. Be a shorter route anyway!

Anyone got the address of ABC so I can write to them and thank them for wrecking a good show?

"Wrecking the show"? That's pretty harsh. Charlie died because of a number of reasons, especially:

KC wrote:

- Everyone keeps saying that he didn't really HAVE to die. But what we're forgetting is that Desmond has told him that if his flashes don't play out exactly as they have in his mind, that they won't happen at all. IE, Claire would not get off the island. For a few minutes, Charlie thought he was in the clear, because it appeared they had somehow circumvented fate, and yet would still be able to save everyone. But when that bomb went off, Charlie realized that he was wrong - that he hadn't circumvented fate. And maybe he wasn't THINKING when he shut that door, locking Desmond out (and possibly saving him as well - though I have the notion that Desmond would have had the sense to stop watching TV and try to escape), and he couldn't have known how long it would take for that hatch to fill up, and he probably thought he wouldn't be able to shut the door from the outside if he had to drag des away from the screen and step outside far enough to close the door. He just did the first thing he thought of. There is always a moment when a thing can or cannot play out a certain way. And the writers ALWAYS put their characters in these situations. They NEVER find their own way there. So you could ALWAYS go back and say "Well if this, then this." But here? I'm not gonna do that. You guys can all you want.

I think in this case, you have to accept that even though Charlie had an out, he didn't take it because he wanted Claire and Aaron to be rescued. And if he had escaped, that could have changed the future.
As far as Mikhai goes, okay, he COULD have survived that. But come on, that was just classic Mikhai . That guy just doesn't die! - who knows, maybe he's affected by the island's healing powers more than most people. I don't think him being alive really mattered, because it was more about fate taking on Charlie.
And Jen's avatar is GOLD:
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought maybe Juliet was in the coffin till i saw a screencap saying it was male
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My avatar, FTW! *is in love with LJ member mysticfx*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Mysticfx! She's the icon queen!

I was just thinking over the LOST finale. Like I've been doing since I watched it! Can't believe I missed this... It was a flashforward right? Jack told the Cheif of surgury guy to call his father down there and see if he was drunker than he was! Does this mean Christian Shephard isn't dead after all!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:
I was just thinking over the LOST finale. Like I've been doing since I watched it! Can't believe I missed this... It was a flashforward right? Jack told the Cheif of surgury guy to call his father down there and see if he was drunker than he was! Does this mean Christian Shephard isn't dead after all!!!!!

Yeah, I guess that's quite possible. Don't forget though that Jack was on "drugs" all the time during the flash forwards, so maybe he was just hallucinating.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this as meaning Jack was off his head on drugs and not knowing where he was. I still think his dad is dead and Damon and Carlton have said Christian is defintely dead on the podcast.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta admit I like the theory that he's still alive.
And the show does usually seem to evolve around him:

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahahah! That is great Ash!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: