Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x21 - Greatest Hits Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: 3x21 - Greatest Hits Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Episode Summary:

Spoiler:

Character Centric: Charlie

While Jack devises a plan to do away with “The Others” once and for all, Sayid uncovers a flaw in “The Others” system that could lead to everyone’s rescue. However, the plan requires Charlie to take on a dangerous task that may make Desmond’s premonition come true.

Writer: Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis
Director: Stephen Williams
Guest star: Sam Anderson (Bernard), Blake Bashoff (Karl), Marsha Thomason (Naomi), Mira Furlan (Danielle Rousseau) , Andrea Gabriel (Nadia), Lana Parrilla (Greta), Tracy Middendorf (Bonnie), Tania Raymonde (Alex), Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert), Brian Goodman (Pryce), Neil Hopkins (Liam Pace), Joshua Hancock (Roderick), John Henry Canavan (Simon Pace), Jeremy Shada (young Charlie), Zack Shada (young Liam), L. Scott Caldwell (Rose Henderson)

You know the drill.. spoiler tags until the episode has aired everywhere!

Spoiler:

*hugs* for Cinthia

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwww... Thanks Pauly!!!

Spoiler:

CHARLIE!!!!!!!! Please make it alive!!!!!!!!!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I'm crossing my fingers with you, Cinthia!

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meeeeee too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Spoiler:

That my folks was the most nerve-racking episode ever!!! I was physically shaking throughout it. My mind kept going back and forth Charlie is going to be fine ... no he's not ... yes he is... no he's not .... and when his head came up from the water my heart was beating so fast... Charlie is ALIVE!!!!!!
After the eppy ended I had a nice cry... God I am so relieved

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I was spoiled rotten for this episode because I don't think my heart could take this kind of abuse.

Spoiler:

Another week to worry about.

I heart Charlie. And Desmond. And Hurley. And Claire. And Sayid. And Jin. And Sun. And Rose. And Bernard... I DON'T WANT ANY OF THEM TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE KEEP THEM SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I'm really worried about Sayid and Jin now

Great ending!!!

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

...awesome, I get to wait another week and stress out for Charlie's safety and now, hey, even better, I get to worry about Sayid and Jin Damn you, TPTB!

Somehow, I only feel slightly better that Charlie is alive, mostly, probably, because it looks like he might even be worse off than if he'd just drown, huh? *sigh* Woe are we, the Pacers Doomed to another week of stress and worry.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought it was a good episode. I didn't really care so much about the flashbacks this time around but I totally loved the island stuff. I loved the scene of Charlie first meeting Claire the night of the crash. So cute. Desmond volunteering to switch places with Charlie was, I thought a pretty sweet and selfless thing to do. I *heart* you, Des! and damn you Charlie for being all nobal and heroic, I could just smack you! lol

Anyway, I liked it! Though if I hadn't been all spoiled about tonights eppy I probably would've been more shocked or surprised by the ending. I gotta stop being such a spoiler whore. LOL.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good episode, but it made me soooo nervous!!! I gotta say, the PB&J stuff almost made me cry.

I'm mega-excited for next week! But a bit scared...
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a complaint about this ep. Not enough Jawyer!

I loved Rose. I loved Jack's hair.

I thought Henry Ian Cusick did a fantastic job with Des this ep. Really understated. Sometimes I think he's a bit over the top, but he really pulled out the acting chops in this when dealing with Charlie IMO.

I loved Alex and Karl in this ep. But did anybody notice that when they yell they sound alike? Creepy!

The "They're coming right now!" line and her past "They're gonna kill your boyfriend!" lines eerily, eerily sound alike lol. Casting coincidence? Or are they really brother and sister? You decide! LMAO. Sorry I had to!

The grinner was smug again. Big surprise.
purestvixen

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC you are my hero.

Not only did you say everything I was thinking, you also include yet another reason why incest is a core theme of this show. LOL JOKES!

I love being back on a forum...
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I loved Jack's hair.

No kidding; it's about time that man's hair grew a little bit! I mean, unless he's secretly hiding a pair of buzz clippers from the rest of the clan...
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Jen. It's only been 90 days and Jack has stunted hair growth. leave the man alone!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone not love this show? It's just on a whole 'nother level!

When I think of Charlie, I think of this quote: "If this is to be our end, then let it be such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!" Probably because he was in that movie . But it's completely true here. The guy's being a hero. He doesn't just love Claire because he has weird dependency issues and she's his latest fix, and he's even managed to stop being a jerk to keep people away from him (e.g. Hurley). So if this is his end, then it will be a good one. And on Lost, that's about the best you can do methinks. He's gone the full motion and completely turned around, now there's nothing left for him to do but be a hero and face his destiny.
So I hope that at the very least, if he dies, it'll be a bittersweet moment for the Charlie fans, rather than a "*sobKILLWRITERSsob*" one.
And the full prophecy is something along the lines of: hatch, surrounded by women, blinking yellow light, switch, then drown. Not the reverse lol, so he's not quite up to that part yet.

Question: if the dynamite is so touchy that it can blow Arzt up like *snap* that, why do they need to shoot each of them seperately? Wouldn't it cause a chain reaction, setting each tent off?

*coughCONTINUITYERRORcough* "I was the junior swim champion in northern england" - Charlie. See White Rabbit (1x05) for why this is not quite so... unless he was simply lying. (hint: "I can't swim! I can't swim...")

Heh, Jack is a badass. Better plan than the last two at least. Not quite enough to do any real help though, I imagine. Like... okay, they kill a few guys (10?) - then what? There are more than 10. And then all three guns in one location? Nice. It doesn't take a spoiler preview to tell you that's not gonna work out great. (heh)

"The Looking Glass" - very nice name! Fitting! Bunnies!

As for the new girls:
Bahb from Sledgeweb's Lost Stuff wrote:

It's Annie...all grown up. She will have a "Ben Doll" in the next episode...

Totally agree with that one.

purestvixen wrote:
KC you are my hero.

Not only did you say everything I was thinking, you also include yet another reason why incest is a core theme of this show. LOL JOKES!

I love being back on a forum...

That would certainly explain why Ben wants him away from Alex. Not to mention he's so good with family secrets (e.g. Danielle)

What's gonna happen once Locke inevitably blows up the radio tower and Charlie floods the hatch?! All the mysterious places are being destroyed one by one! Where will the writers go from here?!
I'm intrigued .
(I guess there's still the freighter for them all to get to and... you know... escape the island. But that can't happen or else the story will be toast so... Locke time once again? "I'm sorry Jack. I sunk your battleship." )

Last edited by Hobbes on Thu May 17, 2007 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: