Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graduation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Graduation Reply with quote

Well i just wanted to say that this year i'll gratuate from High School and i'll have my prom ball on 24th May and then me and my classmates will go to the seaside...you know Black Sea is out east border.
In fact i feel really sad because i'm leaving school...i've made great friendships there...now i feel like i'm losing a part of my life....
How did you feel when you gratuate from High School?Were you sad or happy...what are your memories from that time....?
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, awsome your graduating! Im accually graduating next week. For me though, im not sad, im accually realived. I switched schools in my Jr. year because of my grades, so i left all my old friends behind that i had known all my life. The school i than moved too, even though i met allot of new people, i lothe the place. Just the administration and the rules and everything about it was bull shit. But im just realived to finally get out of there. I still havnt really let go of my old memories. But congradulations to you Borislava!!!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we're in the same grad class!

I graduate next month as well . I have some good memories of my high school, but nonetheless I'm quite happy to move on. It's funny, my entire circle of friends is going to going to every corner of Canada for University My best friend is going to McGill in Montreal, others are going to Alberta, and I'm staying here on the West coast (University of Victoria Computer Science). So basically, we're all starting completely new. I'm not exactly sure how that's gonna be but... I'm feeling adventurous, so I'm looking forward to it lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, congrats to ALL of the graduates! *pauses to feel 1,000 years old* Okay, I'm back now...

Borislava, I'd forgotten that you were this young! But to answer your question, it's perfectly natural to feel like one chapter of your life is closing... because it is. Life as you've known it for quite a while is about to change and while that's sad in one way, it also means that now you're gaining a great deal of control over your own life. Up until now, other people/other factors have decided where you're going to go to school and what you'll be studying... Now you have the chance to have a say in it all! It's a little frightening to suddenly get that sort of power but it won't be long before you'll wonder how you did it any other way!

Not that I'm saying it's not hard (and there will still be plenty of people who have a say on your life, professors, bosses, spouses... ), but you'll find there are plenty of rewards to come along with the difficult parts.

Wow, I think I just repeated the speech they gave to my class the year I graduated, lol! (Yes, I can remember back that far... )

I remember that I was terrified when I graduated, not because I didn't want to get out of high school, but just because it was such a MAJOR change to make. It was really hard when my group of friends split up, but eventually you make new friends at your new school or where you work. And if you're really lucky like me, you'll be able to keep your very best friend! (We've been friends since we were 15 and she's now a college professor herself! We still get together as much as we can -- as a matter of fact, we're going to see POTC 3 when it opens, yay! So it's rare to keep a great friend through this many stages of your life but it IS possible! ) It really is the first huge adventure of your life and no doubt it won't be the last!

*hugs for all the grads!*
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might i say, CONGRATULATIONS!! I know youre sad now, but since its nothing that you can do about it, like you cant change it, make the most and best times out of it! creat great stories that you can tell because this is a big time in people's lives. at least make it a little meaningful. i mean, think of how lucky you are too, there are a lot of people who dont get to graduate from high school!(for whatever reason, like they didnt finnish..or whatever... ), but you always hear how they wanted to. i mean, be glad you acctually got through it!!! ITS TOUGH!! and you did it!!

well, im happy for you, no matter if your not!

(though dont take it from me, im a freshman...)

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think graduation is always a little bittersweet. I mean, there's a part of you that is just so relieved and then there's a part of you that wants to hold on. It's human nature. We resist change, we find ourselves with these created families, the people that you've come to love over your years at school, and we want to stay in that place for, well as long as the walls hold up right? And so moving forward, moving on is always difficult, but entirely necessary. I am sure that if staying behind were an actual viable option, so many people would chose to do that instead. But you have a lot to look forward to, especially if you're going to continue your education past high school. And a lot of hard work too! So rest up this summer! There's more to come!
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I'm graduating from Junior High School this June, the 15th to be exact. And it's with both joy and sorrow that I'll be leaving the school, I mean, I've been going there for the past 3 years and even though school itself isn't that fun, it's been fun experiencing it.
Some of the teachers are more like my friends than just my teachers. I've come to look at them in that way that I can talk to them about anything, you know. I've got some great teachers (and some bad too, lol) and I've been lucky enough to have awesome classmates I consider at least 5 of them as my best friends, and now we're getting "split up" when we're going to start High School, it feels kinda sad to leave the school and all the memories there.

It has happened SO MUCH during these three years. Just to mention two things is that, two of our teachers have fallen inlove this past year (very cute together, we've been rooting for them it's been interesting seeing them falling inlove. Love is truly beautiful...) and an other teacher committed suicide last summer... which kind of brought us all closer together.

Of course, I'll be visiting the school pretty often since I pratically live a 5 min walk away, but still... it's sad.
I'm gonna be enjoying this last month now as much a I possibly can. Of course, I'm looking forward to starting High School!! It's gonna be real fun getting to know new friends... you know
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations with graduation Borislava ...as for me, I graduate three years ago, and well I was very happy that I lived school....'cause I was having very heart breaking (and embrassed ) love story at high classes, so all last year at school I was hoping to finish it soon, and forget about all my "love" problems that I was having at school lol
....and I think studing at university is totally more entertaining, than school (of course it depends on your specilization you choose - mine's is bussines PR, I can't say that it's always entertaining, but it have some pluses too..."black" PR for ex lol...I'm kidding)...

oh, and btw Borislava, I will probably go on Black sea too this summer with my brother, I like black sea, it's in our's russian "Sochi"city.... I'm not completely sure, but I think Bulgaria is east europe, so it's cool to meet another east european too here )...and all my my friends every year going to yours Bulgarian "Nesebr" ..they love this place
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you all for your replays...you made me feel better
5 days till the graduation!!!WOW!I really have a lot of fun in school and i'm deffinitely gonna miss it...it'll never be the same but i hope it'll be good in the university too...

Yes,Anna,Nesebar is awesome place!!!I've been there several times...and it's so much fun...beach,diskos,cool people!!!
We're going to Sunny Beach this year which is near to Nesebar...i really can't wait!!!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!
I'm soooooo happy right now...my results from the exams for the university came out today and i'm accepted in the best university in Bulgaria!
I'm really happy and proud of myself...so that was it...i just wanted to share the news with you
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to all school/college grads/acceptees/whatever you're doing in school.

This upcoming year I graduate from law school. Next, the bar exam. In New York, no less. "Lucky" me.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Borislava and to everyone else!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Borislava! That must feel really awesome!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Congrats that must be the best news ever

I get my exam results on thr 23rd
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!
That really feels great!
And Charlie don't worry about the results i'm sure they'll be good
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: