Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notes to the Council
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Notes to the Council Reply with quote

Well I saw this suggested by Hobbes and some other posters so I thought I'd make an official thread. If you have a complaint, concern, question, or idea for the council then post it here. If it is something you don't feel comfortable posting in an open forum then council members are always available through PM and e-mail. We will answer you as quickly as we can and deal with any situations that arise to the best of our abilities.

Use this forum to let us know what we can do to make your time at LVI the best it can possibly be.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello council. l just sent in another vid about 5 minutes ago and it's saying again that l left some things blank which l didn't. Just wondering if it came through or not. Last time it said the same thing but it did come through.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, your vid was submitted x2.

I am clueless as to why you are getting the fields left blank message...
Try as I might, I can't replicate it... therefore I don't know how to fix it...

If you are doing anything differently that might be causing it please let me know.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...no E, l'm not doing anything differently. l followed the instructions to a T so l have no idea what so ever either. l'm glad it came in though. The first time l did it it said the "left parts blank" thing so l hit back and wrote all the info in there again. lt then brought me to the page that says Check and make sure everything's where ya want it and stuff and it was btw, so l hit Submit and it brought me to the "left info blank" thingy again...lol. Hmm...weird.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so l'm a little confused. Is the vid there twice or just the vid info? Should l send it one more time?
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about Candy in the Sun then yes it is in the submit area. I am working my way through the list of videos submitted today and you're is a few vids away still. It'll be posted to the site shortly.

I was just thinking. Before you hit submit the next time you send us a vid can you take a screen grab of your screen (prt scr option on your keyboard) and try sending that to us. Maybe then E can figure out what your problem is in terms of the submit form.

www.lostvideo.net
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostcalier wrote:
If you're talking about Candy in the Sun then yes it is in the submit area. I am working my way through the list of videos submitted today and you're is a few vids away still. It'll be posted to the site shortly.

I was just thinking. Before you hit submit the next time you send us a vid can you take a screen grab of your screen (prt scr option on your keyboard) and try sending that to us. Maybe then E can figure out what your problem is in terms of the submit form.

Yes l can do that for you. My c/c vid is almost done and l should be sending it in very soon. Thanks LC btw.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting this page every time I submit a vid. http://www.lostvideo.net/scripts/ It happens when I click "submit vid to LVI" at the Preview page. I'm not sure if the vid got through... it's my May contest entry - Sawyer the Boar Hunter.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starchaser wrote:
I keep getting this page every time I submit a vid. http://www.lostvideo.net/scripts/ It happens when I click "submit vid to LVI" at the Preview page. I'm not sure if the vid got through... it's my May contest entry - Sawyer the Boar Hunter.

needless to say... that ain't right lol Thanks for telling us, E will handle it as soon as he can. Stay around for questioning!
Yep, the vid went through okay, which is strange, but anyway, it's on the site now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok l'm having trouble with uploading my vid onto putfile for some reason. lt keeps saying error. l already uploaded it on YSI so should l just send it in using YSI and then someone else could try and see if they could upload it onto putfile for me. lt might be my stupid computer, it's been acting up lately. Please let me know.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok putfile wouldn't work for me so l had to go back and use YSI. Sorry about that everyone, especilally Warren, l know how much you hate YSI. Anyway l just sent it in so l hope you all like it.

Oh and btw, it still says some feilds were left blank.

Hmm...wth? LOL.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think we need some tools where we can edit our vids as we see fit. This would mean less work for you guys and if we made a mistake with a video we could cancel it or something. I also think it's pretty insecure having anyone post a vid. I presume you guys log ips but I think you should introduce accounts or something so we can change stuff ourselves.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I really think we need some tools where we can edit our vids as we see fit. This would mean less work for you guys and if we made a mistake with a video we could cancel it or something. I also think it's pretty insecure having anyone post a vid. I presume you guys log ips but I think you should introduce accounts or something so we can change stuff ourselves.

I think that is a cool idea but one that would have to be run by Enchirito to see if it could even be done. It would be pretty insecure if just anyone could upload a video to the site. Once you guys submit them to the site they go to a staging area where we view them all before they make it to the site. It is our failsafe to prevent junk and garbage (ie things unrelated to Lost) from finding its way onto the site. That's why when you post something it doesn't automatically show up on the site. We have to send it to the main site after one of us views it and deems it is appropriate for the site. But I'll definitely bring that idea of user accounts up with the council.

www.lostvideo.net
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about Contests. I have noticed that placed winners get council pick seals while honorable mentions don't. I have watched most of the honorable mention videos on past contests and felt that they deserved the council pick seal too. * And I was just wondering why they didn't get council pick seals?

*Example: Hobbes, Jack Gets Los (May Contest Submission)

Banner: Shinythings
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebizmybef74 wrote:
I have a question about Contests. I have noticed that placed winners get council pick seals while honorable mentions don't. I have watched most of the honorable mention videos on past contests and felt that they deserved the council pick seal too. * And I was just wondering why they didn't get council pick seals?

*Example: Hobbes, Jack Gets Los (May Contest Submission)

I won't disagree. Some of the videos that don't make the top three are amazing. But the reality of it is these are contests and we have to weigh them differently then a normal submission. They are critiqued a lot hard then normal entries because of teh fact it is a contest. If we gave every entry a council pick then in a way that takes away from the top 3 winners because they all look the same. It would be like us giving a council pick to every single video on the site. If we do that it takes away from the significance of what the council pick says. It's always hard to vote on these contests because all the entries have so much work and effort put into them but it is just something we feel has to be done to show the winners from those that didn't place in the top 3.

On a side note Warren is on the council and when talk about not giving honorable mention videos council picks he didn't challenge it knowing his video didn't make the top 3. Like I said we don't like making those choices but with the way we have LVI set up givng every contests entry a council pick just isn't logical.

I hope that answers your question.

www.lostvideo.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: