Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x19 - The Brig Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: 3x19 - The Brig Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Episode Summary:

Spoiler:

Episode centric: Locke

After abandoning the Others, Locke takes Sawyer on a trek through the jungle to help him eliminate a common enemy. Meanwhile, back at the beach, the parachutist Naomi has crucial information about flight 815.
Writer: Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse
Director: Eric Laneuville
Guest star: Mira Furlan (Danielle Rousseau), M.C. Gainey (Tom), Kevin Tighe (Anthony Cooper), Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert) , Kimberly Joseph (Cindy), Marsha Thomason (Naomi)

Please use spoiler tags until the episode has aired everywhere in America.

More than a little perked up for this ep
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Please don't let them do the Season 2 "Let's make everybody hate Sawyer!" thing again... Pretty, pretty please! He can be "edgy" without being somebody dispicable, honest, he can! *crosses fingers, eyes, toes, and anything else she can cross* Don't take my sweet Southern boy away from me! Noooooooo... *hangs onto Sawyer's ankle*

cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Oh boy, that was intense.

Don't worry Aislynn. I still love Sawyer.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

*Pauly is dead start planning the funeral now*

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Spoiler:

*Pauly is dead start planning the funeral now*

Spoiler:

You didnt like it paul?

i thought it was really good.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not down with the word on the street Trey cause this ep KILLED me in a good way It's one of those eps that leaves me pretty much speechless. I'll try and put my thoughts down later
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
You're not down with the word on the street Trey cause this ep KILLED me in a good way It's one of those eps that leaves me pretty much speechless. I'll try and put my thoughts down later

Ahaaa! sorry im a bit slow at.... most things
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how I feel about that ep.

(Tune in next week for another fascinating Aislynn episode review!)

Seriously, though. I feel kinda glad that maybe this has been resolved for Sawyer (I mean, dang, he didn't stop to put on his shoes but he had that letter in his pocket? Can we say issues? ). At the same time, I'm a little concerned that

Spoiler:

Resolved Issue = Character Death

NooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOoooo... not enough crying emoticons in the world

I'd worry about what this means for him and Kate ("Hi honey, I'm back from my nice evening stroll - slash - murderous rampage! Shall we catch some breakfast? I hear the oatmeal is particularly watery today!" ) but Kate doesn't have much right to throw stones considering she killed her own father because... Well, I'd say it was because he beat her mom but I think she actually did it more because she just didn't like him! So hopefully we won't have to endure any of that sort of drama from Ms. Kate "Wow, he blowed up GOOD!" Austin.

Anthony Cooper definitely pushed Sawyer over the edge (I admit it, I gasped when he tore that letter up ). I loved Josh's (yes, we're on a first name basis now ) expressions as that whole scene was building up, you could just see him thinking, "This guy is making fun of the fact my dad killed my mom and himself over what HE did? Is he seriously making fun of this horrible thing that happened to me?" I'd guess since Anthony thought he was already dead, he wasn't worried about anybody killing him! (Oops, his bad... )

The part that kept it from being S2 tree-frog-squishing, part 2 for me was how it clearly devistated him afterwards. He can still be plenty bad@#& without making him give up his soul, you know?

Actually, it's LOCKE who's making me wonder what happened to his soul! If this is all like he said to Sawyer ("Stop calling me James!!!" ) and he really had no problem manipulating Sawyer into doing his killing for him so he can then haul his dead father's (suddenly much smaller ) body on his back so he can carry it to Ben and get back in with the Others just 'cause he wants to be... That's not a healthy head-space to be in, John!

Though it didn't escape me how similar the scenes with the Others' camp and the pot-growin' commune were in a lot of ways. Locke's looking for a family again, looking for a place to fit in, or so it seems to me.

I was glad to see Cindy again and I LOVED Danielle's whole nonchalant "I'm not asking about the guys locked in the brig and could you point me towards the dynamite" scene!

Wow, this is an awfully long post considering I started with "I have no idea how I feel about that ep," isn't it???

The most implausible part of it... Kate weighing up "stay here with gorgeous, nekkid Southern boy" or "go back to cold, lonely tent" and choosing the later! Yeahhhhhhh, riiiiight... Sleep's over-rated, Kate!

*shuts up now before she gets herself into trouble*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please don't let them do the Season 2 "Let's make everybody hate Sawyer!" thing again... Pretty, pretty please!

Au Contraire, Ais. I think I love him more than ever now. (Moreso for the grief afterwards though. That showed how much he really has changed )

That was an intense ep. But the crazy thing was.... it was so predictable! This is exactly how I thought Locke and Sawyer would react to these events, yet they played out brilliantly. It was kinda touching (is that the word to use here?) the way Locke still couldn't bring it in himself to kill his father, even though it was being demanded of him and he had so many reasons... I'm proud of him for that. And even though letting Sawyer doing the dirty work is just as bad, it still... was really the best. Even if this screws up Sawyer (and I fervently hope it doesn't), Sawyer can finally get a bit of peace in a way knowing that the real Sawyer has paid for all the terrible things he's done, and Locke can continue with his life and become what he is "destined" to be (and move the plot forward!).
And as for the real Sawyer - we all called that one (but only one caught it in video form lol. Go Karolina!) But I wasn't disappointed (is that the word?) that the reveal wasn't too surprising.

Wow, Ben and the Others... are jerks (is that the word? lol). Making Locke do that? Talk about... unnecessary and cruel... Yikes. Kindey and 8-Story-push or not - well actually those are pretty good reasons - but still!
And despite it all... I can understand Locke doing what he did, having Sawyer do the deed. If Sawyer had forgiven Cooper and let him live I suspect Locke would have let them both go. But he didn't. Sawyer did go through with it, and had every single reason one could possibly have for killing a man.
I don't think Locke took this likely, and I don't think he really was intending to force Sawyer to do it. I just think he wanted Sawyer to make the decision to let Cooper live or not for him, and was prepared to let him do it if it came to it. I don't think he would have forced Sawyer into doing it. He just had to con him into getting there (would Sawyer have followed him if he simply said "I have the Real Sawyer"? No, it's ridiculous. And then Sawyer would just treat it like another person using him for their own means. He had to hear it from Cooper's own mouth)

Hmmm... I'm surprised I talked that much, since I really didn't have that much to say lol. I'm kinda like Paul in this case. This ep floored me.

(oh, but I have complaining about Kate, Jack, and Juliette to do. But I suppose it can wait....
Actually, the complaining is self-explanatory, so just consider my official "annoyance points" placed on Kate (), Jack () and Juliette ()
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay well Im in the middle of watching this now (missed it last night- sick and fell asleep). And I was like all "WOO-HOO!" at Sawyer hitting Locke. As for last week's episode, I really dont have much to say except to Juliet lovers- HA! I really hate that b*tch. Also, I dont know why Sun necessarily *believes* in that stuff- the Others, on the whole, are not nice people. Maybe its karma not letting them reproduce.

The opening scene with Kate and Sawyer was really sweet- nice tender kiss, awww...Why wont she just admit it????

Ben is so creepy looking, hes like a chia pet.

Glad to see Rousseau- but pretty freakin random! So the island can heal- selectively? I remember that one guy from "Suddenly Susan".

Spoiler:

If this really turns out to be Hades, or purgatory, Im turning in my gun and badge at the door. Perhaps there was some kind of Bermuda triangle-ish time/matter split, where there was a plane that went down, but a 'Prestige-ish' copy thingy. Thats it, Im not speculating anymore. But there were some people on that plane that definitley wouldnt be in "hell" - Claire/Aaron, Boone, Sun, Jack, Arzt etc.

Jack is such a wanker- and Im not British, but I really am beginning to hate him, and I dont trust him at all. I think hes in on something.

AWWW this show is so frustrating- yet I cannot look away...

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha Ben does look a little like that!

Rocksiren wrote:

Jack is such a wanker- and Im not British, but I really am beginning to hate him, and I dont trust him at all. I think hes in on something.

hehe, I'm British and I have to agree, Jack kinda is acting like one at the moment! Bring back our Jack!

On to the ep.... I LOVED it!!!!!

I totally wanted to reach into my screen and hug Sawyer.
Anthony Cooper is one hell of a B*****d!
So glad Sawyer did it though! Good on him!

Wow, Ben is one twisted SOB!

Arrrgh, all the bloody Purgatory nutters are gonna so think they're soo right now!

Anyways fantastic ep, can't wait for next week!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chills down my spine from last night. Sawyer was amazing. Hobbes said it best. He definitely has changed. Although, I dont think Sawyer ever was a killer, he isnt like Kate in that way. He is a revengist (couldnt think of a noun version of revenge) but not a murderer. I love love love love SAWYER! sigh.

On the other hand, Cooper was possibly the most obnoxious thing ever! I almost jumped into the TV to strangle him myself. Thank god he is gone! I can't stand him!

Also, I really like the on island flashback stuff, its fun. But I have to say, I was angry at first that this was a Locke episode (since it is the third and Sawyer has only had 1!!!) but after watching it, it was more of a Sawyer episode anyway.

Kate and Sawyer was so cute. "I gotta pee anyway" was so funny and sexy in a weird way.

Oh and I can't wait till next week when Jack gets his shit handed to him (at least my hopes anyway). But what was with the "we should tell her" "no not yet" stuff? I'm not much of a hypothesizer, I just watch the show as it comes, but that really gets the predictor in me going. I wonder...

And what is with the writers pointing to purgatory and hell like stuff? They did it again! Now my dad really wont shut up!

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
The opening scene with Kate and Sawyer was really sweet- nice tender kiss, awww...Why wont she just admit it????

Why indeed! *smacks Kate on the back of the head* <-- NCIS reference that probably nobody will get, sorry...

Rocksiren wrote:
Ben is so creepy looking, hes like a chia pet.

Ruth, I *heart* you! I can't help myself, I like the creepy little Martian psychopath! He's already a bad guy so it doesn't bother me for him to do really horrible things (unlike Sawyer who is a bad boy and thus I can tolerate him being edgy but not actually evil ).

Rocksiren wrote:
Spoiler:

If this really turns out to be Hades, or purgatory, Im turning in my gun and badge at the door. Perhaps there was some kind of Bermuda triangle-ish time/matter split, where there was a plane that went down, but a 'Prestige-ish' copy thingy. Thats it, Im not speculating anymore. But there were some people on that plane that definitley wouldnt be in "hell" - Claire/Aaron, Boone, Sun, Jack, Arzt etc.

My theory?
Spoiler:

Naomi is the "real" mole. I doubt it was meant for her to be nearly impaled on a tree, of course (if it was, then WOW did she take one for the team or what??? ) but I think she's one of the "off-Island Others" (somebody Juliet won't have met) and she's been dropped in to feed the Losties some serious disinformation. If they think the world thinks they're dead, then they'll lose hope that anybody will even be looking for them.

However, even if Naomi is legit, the "wreck of 815, bodies included" still could've been staged so that nobody really would look for them. Either way, I think the whole "I see dead people...and it's US!" thing is just a misdirection. I seriously doubt that they'd fall back onto this as the answer for real. I think they're just flirting with it to see how the fans react.

I also agree with a theory I read elsewhere that Ben has sent Juliet in expecting that they'll discover she's a mole (how convenient that he was listening to her tape when Locke walked up, right? ). Maybe this is his way of carrying out the death sentence he was forced to overturn?

Hobbes wrote:
Au Contraire, Ais. I think I love him more than ever now. (Moreso for the grief afterwards though. That showed how much he really has changed )

I was really glad for that part, otherwise he wouldn't have made much progress character-wise in the three years we've "known" him! And seriously? If he would've looked at Anthony and went, "Well, if I ever wish to achieve inner enlightenment and move onto a higher spectral plane of morality and peaceful living, I know that I shall forgive you, instead of taking revenge and continuing to harbor such feelings of anger, hate and self-loathing. So, I forgive you, Mr. Real Sawyer" that, uh, would've been out of character even to ME!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I was glad to see Cindy again and I LOVED Danielle's whole nonchalant "I'm not asking about the guys locked in the brig and could you point me towards the dynamite" scene!

Yeah, that was a great moment, but speaking of the dynamite: What the heck does Rousseau need the dynamite for?? Maybe she's planning to blow up the Others' camp and rescue Alex?

Hobbes wrote:
And as for the real Sawyer - we all called that one (but only one caught it in video form lol. Go Karolina!) But I wasn't disappointed (is that the word?) that the reveal wasn't too surprising.

Why thank you! I just really wish I'd made this vid later though. There's sooo much potential in in this song. *le sigh*

It was a good episode, IMO. I agree with Warren though that it was kinda predictable. I didn't mind it too much since Cooper deserved it.

Since we were right with our theories about Cooper and Jack/Claire/Christian, then maybe we're also right about the other theorie: Christian Shepard being Jacob???

Btw, what was Juliet referring to when she said to Jack: "We need to tell her" (talking about Kate) It surely can't be about Kate's "pregnancy", so what was this about?
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god for Realism! Praise realism!

I was totally expecting a big fat cop out, where Sawyer would be all "you aren't worth killing" etc that would just piss me right off, but no! Chain round the neck reality!
Josh Holloway's performance was absolutely brilliant, as good as Matthew Fox in the early part of the season when he had the chance to shine. Fantastic stuff, Holloway got the passion and fury in there fantastically and then the brutal choking with the chain was fantastic to see.

For me Holloway and Sawyer carried this episode. The rest of it was all rather drab. Locke's off just with the Others doing something weird with a bunch of brain washed folks. Ben is irritating as sin, needs killing which they should've had Jack do anyways before the realism faded

Desmond, Charlie, Hurley and Jin with this Naomi woman, who is annoying, is all very standard. The anti-jack stuff is boring but then they've totally ruined his character. Jack defending Juliet and saying Kate can say anything in front of him is just stupid. They did a great job with him and suddenly they've made him spineless, like they have with Kate pretty much.
For me Lost's main plotline has become far too unstable. Twisting and turning plots are good, we want that in shows, but Lost has gone so overboard with it now I simply don't believe a single thing regarding the main storyline. Something happens, such as the newest thing saying they found the plane and the bodies and I just go "Huh, well I'm sure we'll be told otherwise next episode" or whatever. I just have no faith in the overall direction *shrug*

Why is it Lost does one thing great and then at the same time does something else crap? Like Sawyer getting what he always wanted and having realism there, but then Jack defending the evil Juliet to the hilt and saying Kate can say anything to him, then all this "don't tell her" crap. Only thing I can think that is is because they know she's shagging Sawyer they're gonna warn her if she gets pregnant she'll die or something. I swear to god if they turn Jack to the other side I'm gonna fly to the USA and bitch slap all the writers

Hopefully Sawyer will take the evidence to Sayid and they can form a posse and string Juliet up from a hook or something and torture her to death

Oh and one last thing. What the hell happened to Anthony Coopers voice?

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: