Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x17 - Catch 22 Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: 3x17 - Catch 22 Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Episode Description:

Spoiler:

Desmond-centric

Desmond coaxes Charlie, Hurley and Jin on a trek across the jungle after experiencing one of his future-prophesizing “flashes” -- but is he purposely placing Charlie’s life in harm’s way? Meanwhile, Kate turns to an unwitting Sawyer after seeing Jack alone with Juliet.

Guest starring are Sonia Walger as Penny Widmore, Jack Maxwell as Derek, Joanna Bool as Ruth, Andrew Connolly as Brother Campbell, Andrew Trask as older monk and Marsha Thomason as Naomi.

"Catch-22" was written by Jeff Pinkner & Brian K. Vaughan and directed by Stephen Williams.

Please use spoiler tags until the episode has aired in North America. Thanks!

Last edited by KajaM on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sorry Paul, I just had to grab this one )

Spoiler:

Yay! Penny is back!! And we have a "Brotha" Campbell Also, a new on-island character in this episode

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's okay Karolina

Spoiler:

I'm really excited to learn more about Desmond's past and to see Penny again!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one thing to say.

Spoiler:

Spoilers. I'm a spoiler addict. I'm so glad I'm a spoiler addict. Going spoiler free??? Not in a million years. My thanks to spoilers.

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Jin was cracking me up with his "scary" Ghost Story... the whole flashlight shining up on his face OMG I was just in stitches ...

Okay seeing Charlie get "killed" by that arrow at the start ... for a second I was like OMG this is it... ... but then I was like wait a minute we haven't seen the eppy on Charlie yet... so this can't be it... this isn't real!
But throughout the entire eppy I had this uneasy feeling.
Charlie has to be okay .... I just can't wrap my mind around it that the writers would mess with such a great thing they have with Charlie and Claire...

So Kate loves Jack... *I don't know... just typing out loud* but it sure looks that way...

Okay who was that girl at the end?

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here it goes:

1.) No no, "Not this time!"- Desmond's got the first aid kit now! That arrow wont be a problem if you got an instant ice pack, tweezers and some band aids.

2.) Not this sacrifice-schtuff again. I call that the writers read my blurb about Locke and Boone/Isaac and Abraham.

3.) Okay the Skater in me was like "YAY!" but what the hell? Shes using him! And Jack can barely look her in the face! Something is not right here...was she crying over the loss of Jack, her friend? Must be freaking exhausting- she and Jack are on this moral/ethical treadmill and no matter how hard she runs, shell never keep up. Just accept it- youre deeply flawed, and thats how we likes ya. I dont know if she "loves" him as much as she is sad to lose that friendship, trust, comradery- kind of like on "The Office"- Dwight and Andy.

And the "something will go wrong soon enough..."- foreshadowing?

4.) Huh? The parachuter- "how do we know its even human?" HUH? What is it, a parachuting donkey???

Overall, decent episode. Kind of filler- and crying? Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me off a piece of that hot hot Sawyer...okay sorry, this is a full day of work and classes talking. Another parachuter- I was wondering how they were going to get more eligible women on the island.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Rocksiren on Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's Portuguese note the Catch 22 book that was in her bag was in Portuguese (I had been spoiled on this before so I knew.) She has to be part of Penny's crew remember the two Portuguese dudes in the station? That's how she knows Desmond.

I have to applaud the writers for their reveal of Desmond as a monk explaining the brother thing cause I was pretty sure that wasn't just a Scottish thing. Now it all makes sense fantastic. A gripping episode that got me worried about Charlie and Desmond. For some reason I thought maybe Des was gonna take the arrow instead :s I was just really glad when neither of them died. I felt for you Cinthia all worried about Charlie but I guess you spoiled yourself

Also did anyone notice the wife of the monk dude was none other than the ring lady O_O I'll go get a screencap. You can see on his desk it panned over the photo so I went back and paused it. It's almost as bad as my pic manips lol but it's definetly her! Creepy.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first off, Skex was hot as hell. Those two have way too much chem. Do you ever watch them and just think of them as evi and josh and think, "shit, that looks way too real". Hotness.

The ghost stories were hilarious. I love Jin-not-speaking-english jokes. They get better as the seasons go on.

Next week is gonna be great, I'm sure. I can't wait to see who this girl is. Finally, a girl! That can make more loves for us to create fandoms for. haha.

Favorite quotes tonight, by the way, were "discussing your favorite other?" and "you want me to make a mixed tape for you?"

oh wait, I forgot, "now that that is out of the way, how about some afternoon delight?" HAHAHAHHAHA I love sawyer.

And that discussion about the flash and superman was ridiculously awesome! I've had that discussion before, and I totally agree with Charlie. Well, there is a reason for me to like Charlie. lol.

Oh and, "Botha Desmond" was hilarious. And I noticed the picture too Polarbear. I went "woah, did you guys see that?" I had to go back and show my family after I saw it! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep having this mental image of someone's throat getting pierced by an arrow and it's not going away. I'm going to have nightmares. That was so gross.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good episode, not the greatest, but good. I was probably just way too spoiled. (accually that is the case! )
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, that table tennis was symbollic of something. I'll give you guys three guesses and the first two don't count. First the hugging, then sexually charged table tennis? What is next? Full-on macking? I'm taking bets for the next episode ya'll. Who wants in?
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Dude, that table tennis was symbollic of something. I'll give you guys three guesses and the first two don't count. First the hugging, then sexually charged table tennis? What is next? Full-on macking? I'm taking bets for the next episode ya'll. Who wants in?

lets see...hmmm.... two guys...wacking balls....you know you might be on to something KC!!!
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
I dont know if she "loves" him as much as she is sad to lose that friendship, trust, comradery- kind of like on "The Office"- Dwight and Andy.

What friendship, trust, comradery?! Dwight and Andy were never ever ever ever friends at any point in time.

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode.

Dude, I haven't posted @ LVI in forever.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's MG

It was a goodish ep. Poor Desmond, Charlie better be making a freaking shrine for you after all this.

The most interesting thing about this ep though? Hmmm, toss up. First might be that I think Sanjaya just got kicked off American Idol and landed on Lost . Heh.
The second is this:
Quote:

I think KC is onto something - for serious!

Oh Kate, you predictable, fickle little beast you

err... that's all I've got.
It sucks not having much to say ... but there's not much there. it was alright though...

Last edited by Hobbes on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so TRUE though. How could you not see it?

I didn't really like Desmond's flashback. How many different ways can you spell "Des + Pen = Unstoppable force of love?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: