Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x16 - One of Us Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
And the infertile thing with the Others? All I could think of was "Children of Men" and how crazy it was that I randomly vidded "Children of Lost Men" a few months before this episode. I bet the writers steal ideas off the internet. What do you guys think?
I was reminded of that vid when I saw the episode!!!!

Juliet is so cold... the look at the end gave me shivers.

Sweet, sweet C/C moments.

And I even smiled during the skate hug.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this episode...
I don't think that Jack is stupid...i think you're a bit exaggerating...maybe he has his own plan...
Anyway...i told you that she's EVIL!!!And i still don't like her even after this heart-breaking story with her sister...btw the scene with Patchy was really cool!!!

Brother and Sister together!!!!I want them to find out

And did you notice what a huge emotional distance is between Jack and Kate now...he's really cold...and that's totaly understandable...she deserves it!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's her fault Jack couldn't go home it's Locke's though I found that whole scene a little uncomfortable when she blamed herself for him not being able to go home.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that she was really blaming herself for Jack not going home. It was the whole Jack saw her having dirty cage sex with Sawyer that she blamed herself for! And rightly!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I'm not a skater, it really bugs me when people say Kate deserves to have Jack upset with her. I think Jack had feelings for her and so it's UNDERSTANDABLE that he'd be distant with her. Maybe trying to hide his hurt or whatever. But Kate is a grown woman and she and Jack were not together, despite any feelings they may have. She can do what (and whom)ever she wants to, IMO. She doesn't DESERVE any kind of reprimand or cruelty for what she did. But she should (and I think does) understand that Jack is still hurt. And I don't think Jack is being distant with her to punish her either.
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Jack is going too far with his anger at Kate but he has his reasons. Although I do think he's being a dumbass at the moment.

Dude, I wish that they could just be Jack and Kate again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I don't think Jack is being distant with her to punish her either

Yep...i completely agree with you.
But remember what Matthew Fox said:
"Jack and Kate will connect again"
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I finally got to watch the episode:

Flashbacks were fine, not too long which I appreciate. I am mentally petitioning ABC for the music from this season and the "cave theme" that they neglected to put on seasons 1's, because when Juliet looked around after coming out of the sub, the music was absolutely remarkable.

The reunion scene- really couldnt have been better. Sawyers face was priceless when he saw Jack- and everything that followed was beautiful. Nearly every emotion raw and meaningful, without words. Kate and Sawyer hugging with their eyes closed, awww. They really meant it- it was like two thirsty people heading towards water.

And hahaha "bug-eyed"! I really dislike Juliet.

What do you guys think- did they do something bizarro to Kate? Ah ha, so Kate has to explain everything to him, but not Juliet...Jack prefery the blondy. AHHHHHHHH I KNEW it was a trick!!! Did you guys see her face, shes digging the whole evil thing. Sawyer and Sayid- c'mon!

Next weeks looks simply delicious! And I have off work on Thursday- me is gonna stay up for the Skate sex! (Which someone put in slo-mo on youtube, hahha).

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
I can't WAIT! This is the only thing I envy America for! Well, that and your weather. Damn british rain.

Spoiler:

I think it's completly on-island flashbacks, so we get to find out more about the Others and apparently, more about Claire's kidnap and how it went wrong

It's snowing here, so don't envy the US too much. lol.

I loved this episode! Juliet is the coolest person ever, and I love having Ethan back in all these episodes! He is so interesting and fascinating (I know that means the same thing but I didnt want to say cool again. lol) I nearly fainted when I saw the Skate hug, in fact I'm pretty sure I've watched it a hundred times, that was AMAZING! They both looked genuinely happy to see each other, and at the same time it was so angsty. lol. I was excited with all the relationship stuff, because even with Juliet being a jerk she looked like she really felt guilty about it because of her feelings for Jack. Then Skate, of course, and even the PB&J, which I'm not a fan of, was cute as hell! Totally fantabulous episode. I can't think of everything I want to say, but, dude, awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
As much as I'm not a skater, it really bugs me when people say Kate deserves to have Jack upset with her. I think Jack had feelings for her and so it's UNDERSTANDABLE that he'd be distant with her. Maybe trying to hide his hurt or whatever. But Kate is a grown woman and she and Jack were not together, despite any feelings they may have. She can do what (and whom)ever she wants to, IMO. She doesn't DESERVE any kind of reprimand or cruelty for what she did. But she should (and I think does) understand that Jack is still hurt. And I don't think Jack is being distant with her to punish her either.

Amen to that.

Does complaining about people calling season 3 Sawyer unrealistic for the whole skate thing relate to this at all? I know nobody has done it this ep yet, but nonetheless.
If so, then I do that.

Quote:
He is so interesting and fascinating (I know that means the same thing but I didnt want to say cool again. lol)

Are they the same? I dunno, I think they have slightly different connotations lol

Quote:

But remember what Matthew Fox said:
"Jack and Kate will connect again"

Like 2 superpowerful Swan-Station-crushing magnets, I expect
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that episode was awful!

one step forwards then two steps back!!!!!!!!

anyways im going out so ill post my full response later
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Does complaining about people calling season 3 Sawyer unrealistic for the whole skate thing relate to this at all? I know nobody has done it this ep yet, but nonetheless.
If so, then I do that.

Be kind, rewind?

I'm not sure what you're saying here. I think most of the characters have suffered some kind of butchering by the writers this season. But since I didn't quite follow you, I'm not sure that's what you mean.

IMO the whole "I love you too" line was entirely OOC. Not to mention the prompting her to say it too. Part of me thinks they did that just to differentiate from the hot-jungle-sex with Ana-Lucia.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hated how at the end they kinda undid everything that happened in the episode.
Really stupid!

Juliet spent the whole flashbacks crying which I hated.
That was like all that happened basically, right?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Juliet cries a lot, and so does Jackie...

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Sawyer and Skate this season...hes evolving.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: