Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5.0 Troubleshooting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: 5.0 Troubleshooting Reply with quote

Post your 5.0 problems, if any, here.

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't up sooner. What can you do to fix this?

I kid! I kid!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave it to KC to add to/break the tension.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem just a typo on the Submit page

(To submit a video to LVI, you must first Login or Register at the our forums.)

.....How are we submitting videos now?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinning Iris wrote:
How are we submitting videos now?

Thanks for the typo-catch! Anyway, once you log in, you just click the Submit tab and all of the old, familiar submission fields will show up again. And you'll see there are a few new ones there as well!

If it still doesn't work for you, though, please let us know!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, a typo
Got it! thanks!

Quote:

.....How are we submitting videos now?

Just login and follow the steps on the "Submit" page

Oh, and if you want to change your main name to something else, like "Rachel Bumala", I can do that Just so you know! (it just has to be the same as your vidding name)
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may just be having a retard!moment, but is there anywhere on-site or in the forums where we can see what now constitutes Gold, Silver and Bronze?

Supernatural Video Station
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I've been having trouble getting on to the site! It's not all of the time I do manage to get on sometimes, like now, but it does keep happening.

I either get this:

Or this:

Like I said I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or if you'll be able to do anything but I thought I'd ask.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that last one pretty often! But just as often it helps if I wait like one hour
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, i've got both of them quite a few times since 5.0 has been back up
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
I may just be having a retard!moment, but is there anywhere on-site or in the forums where we can see what now constitutes Gold, Silver and Bronze?

Okay, I think I got this one...

You can click on any VP seal to be taken to this page and see the latest in VP awards and read a bit more about the VPs themselves.

Basically, Gold, Silver and Bronze seals are now awarded by viewers, instead of Council Members. So now, once 5 viewers have voted for Gold, Silver or Bronze, then it's awarded to the vid! The only time you'll see something coming from the Council itself is the original Gold Council Pick seal, which is awarded like an extra grace note when the Council majority also votes for a Gold VP seal. You guys asked and we listened, now CP seals aren't the only game in town anymore.

Ashleigh, unfortunately we're ALL getting that error message quite a bit lately! It actually started before 5.0 came online. Some of you may have been here last year when we had another serious bout of these annoying mysql errors. As I understand it, it's actually coming from our server, not from anything in LVI itself. Other than changing servers (which I take it is a very large job, mainly a kind of "last resort" sort of thing ), then all we've been able to do is just wait it out. The server eventually seems to reset and work fine for a while longer. *sigh* I know that Enchirito and now Warren have both gone round and round with tech support, trying to resolve this issue.

Hopefully, if nothing else, it will clear up on its own again! We actually have a temporary backup board where we can meet if the server should crash us totally: http://z6.invisionfree.com/LVI_Backup/index.php?act=idx

I already have it bookmarked since, of course, if LVI is down there's no way to get back to this thread to get the address then! If we should be down for an unexpected amount of time, we can give you info and updates at the backup board. Hopefully that'll be a precaution that we don't have to ever make use of, though.
the0nlychr1st1ne
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please help me!!!
i have tried numorous times to put my vids on here and it never works.i filled out all possible fields,submited the right link to my vid gave the proper time and size,music,catagory,and the proper size j-peg picture file.and it still says that i left some of the following fields blank....there is nothing left to leave blank i do not understand????
i also get this
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lostvide/public_html/submit3.php:2) in /home/lostvide/public_html/inc/util/submit_data.php on line 2

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/lostvide/public_html/submit3.php:2) in /home/lostvide/public_html/inc/util/submit_data.php on line 2
can somone pease help me because its very frusterating!!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, Christine! I see we have received "Blue and White" and "Imperfect". We are having some issues with the site right now, sorry to say, but these two vids of yours should be coming on site in just a little while (all vids are checked for working links and things like that before they're posted on site). Have you submitted anything else or just these 2 so far?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ais, I think you've got it all

Quote:
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I've been having trouble getting on to the site! It's not all of the time I do manage to get on sometimes, like now, but it does keep happening.

Right now that's my number one priority. Neither E nor I are 100% sure about just what the cause of this is, but it's mostly a problem arising from too many people on the server at once trying to connect to the database. We can combat it by writing some really efficient code (which is what I'm working on now - making what I have already even more efficient ), but that can only do so much... Not to mention this may be the server itself (i.e. all the websites on the computer LVI is hosted on) that's the main cause of the problem, not us.
Grrr... it's a frustrating problem anyway, to say the least
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler tags seemed to have died

[spoiler]test[/spoiler]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: