Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damien Rice music
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Damien Rice music Reply with quote

So yeah, kicking off the whole "and music!" thing

I remember a number of people saying they were fans here, back when 9 came out. Are there still fans? Come out, come out! It's safe!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love rootless tree
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love damien rice

i like coconut skins
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a start.
Have you two heard all the rest of his stuff too?

(heh, Paul I should have guessed. You and your profanity )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me! Me!

I love Damien Rice. And I want someone to do a Locke vid to "Cocunut Skins" even though I haven't posted in the REQUESTS section. I guess I think people can read my mind.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have alot of damien rice on my ipod too and have started to like Volcano by him off 'O'
PrincessSparkle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love him - he's uber-cool
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray!
Yes, damien rice rules.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official statement:

After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gasp* so it's true...

That should make the concert I'll be at next month extra interesting.
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Damien is really, really great. I remember the first time I heard one of his songs, it was my dad (yes, my DAD! who normally hates everything I love) who'd just bought 9.
Really nice, and then I heard about him over here and well... hehe. I pretty much loved Damien and his music for a while (I'm into another kind of music, honestly). But now I've kind of "converted" to another great musician called Ryan Star - he's great (Warren you know what I'm talking about. You took me from the Damien-area and put me in the Ryan-area)

Still sometimes I tend to listen to Damien but ehrm, not much. Ryanryanryan.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Really nice, and then I heard about him over here and well... hehe. I pretty much loved Damien and his music for a while (I'm into another kind of music, honestly). But now I've kind of "converted" to another great musician called Ryan Star - he's great (Warren you know what I'm talking about. You took me from the Damien-area and put me in the Ryan-area)

YES!!!!! I AM GODDDD!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*
You got that package with all the songs right?

I almost want to recommend some more musical geniuses, but there's just nobody else I know who can hold a candle to Damien and Ryan . I mean, I can think of plenty good songs as good or better, but artists? Nobody who can make pretty-much every song so amazing .

Quote:
I think Damien is really, really great. I remember the first time I heard one of his songs, it was my dad (yes, my DAD! who normally hates everything I love) who'd just bought 9.

LOL now that must be at least a bit awkward
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

You got that package with all the songs right?

I sure did (aehm, I have my ways ). I'm more into him than I ever got into Damien actually (sorry Damien, don't know how often you visit Lost Video Islands but if you did this time - sorry, I love Ryan now... )

I just love So Ordinary! I think it was one of those songs you posted in that Rate the song-thread. His voice... mhmymhmhm...

*slaps self*

Wait. This was the Damien-thread. Sorry again Damien.

Hobbes wrote:
I almost want to recommend some more musical geniuses, but there's just nobody else I know who can hold a candle to Damien and Ryan . I mean, I can think of plenty good songs as good or better, but artists? Nobody who can make pretty-much every song so amazing .

Yeah, I agree. There are very few times that I really feel like I've bought an album with an artist/band, and then felt satisfied with all of the songs. On an album there's always those songs that you love, and then those songs you just don't like. It doesn't matter how much you want to like the song just because it's that artist or band - you just can't. That's the way I feel.
And when I finally find an artist/band that has a sound I like - that also makes great albums and songs - well, then it's kind of hard to not like it
Very often it's people I know (or in this case, A GOD) who tells me about a band or an artist that I later tend to listen to a lot.

With that said (wooops, that was a long answer.), I think that Ola Salo (see banner) is a musical genious (see banner once again ). They're a great band (if you like that kind of music) and there's probably only one or two songs (out of 45) that they've done that I don't like. And by the way, I'm talking about his band The Ark.
Just a recommendation.

Quote:
...it was my dad (yes, my DAD! who normally hates everything I love) who'd just bought 9.

Hobbes wrote:
LOL now that must be at least a bit awkward

YEEEEES.
...actually, I've never told him that he made me into a Damien-fan . I don't want him to have that kind of satisfaction of finally "knowing what's the best music"... if I did I would hear it for ages and ages...
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wrote a bunch here, then realized I'm really off-topic
so here http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10850
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: