Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (books & TV show)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Deia! It's soooooooo good!

Karolina, great finds!!! Love the .gif, and that comic is hilarious!!! <3 <3 <3
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno what it was but really loved this episode. I suppose it's the sense that the storylines are really moving forward after this episode. How they handled Bran and Rickon's death was excellent and made more sense than in the books.
Spoiler:

Can't believe Xaro betrayed Dany :/ I was kinda expecting it but he just seemed so nice on the show. Pyat Pree is super creepy. When multiple versions of him killed the council it made me jump. That was really cool.

Ygritte said "You know nothing, Jon Snow." Yay I was so waiting for that because it's her catchphrase from the books. So excited to see Rattleshirt and the rest of the wildlings next episode.

LOVED the Tyrion and Cersei scene. It was in the books from what I remember but they depicted it perfectly and actually made me feel for Cersei.

Really great to see Jaime again. He's defintely been missed. Loved his dialogue with Brienne, and Catelyn calling him the kingslayer because that is pretty much the bane of his existence, moreso than the rumor about him bearing children with his sister.

When Arya was eyeing Tywin's neck I was like nooo lol I'm starting to think Tywin does have an inkling who she might be and is just playing a weird little game with her. I just don't want it to end in his death because that does NOT happen in the books, because they haven't even met at this point.

Thought the episode took more time with the 'littler' scenes and didn't feel as rushed as a result.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, I'm having a bit of a Mad!Fangirl moment here:

Ohhhnooonooonoooonoo! What the hell was that all about?

As much as I like some of the things they've changed from the book (e.g. Arya & Tywin), some changes I simply hate, like...

... the Hound ratting Sansa off to Cercei?? Nononono, that never happened!! Why-oh-why do they have to spoil my favourite ship? No fair!!! Especially since, only a moment prior to that scene, he basically told Sansa that he would keep her safe from Joffrey in the future.
What the hell, just no!!!

That scene with Tywin & Arya was great though. I kept wondering how much Tywin truly knows about Arya's real identity. (And isn't it funny how most of the male Lannisters are really charismatic, although you should actually/probably hate them?)
I'm not sure if I like the fact that Cersei seems to be a lot more "human" on the show than she is in the books though. So far, she's been a real cold-blooded b**** in the books and I liked her that way.

I also don't like how they make Ygritte talk like a slut all the time. I like her better in the books

They seem to have re-cast the actor who plays Gregor Clegane. That wasn't the same actor as in S1, was it?

It was a great episode though. I enjoyed that it wasn't all that fast-paced and chaotic as the last episodes and there were some really good dialogues and confrontations in this one (Arya/Tywin, Tyrion/Cersei, Catelyn/Jaime).

Jaime is such a BAMF! ("Brienne!" - "No, that wasn't his name!" )

I'm confused though:
Why did Theon look so shocked when he presented the bodies of "Bran & Rickon" to the people of Winterfell?? I mean, he's lying to them about it - at least in the books - so why would he be so shocked?
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it tonight, twice!

Quote:
I dunno what it was but really loved this episode. I suppose it's the sense that the storylines are really moving forward after this episode. How they handled Bran and Rickon's death was excellent and made more sense than in the books.

I did, too! Maybe it was because there were more scenes that were in the book, but either way, I really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Can't believe Xaro betrayed Dany :/ I was kinda expecting it but he just seemed so nice on the show. Pyat Pree is super creepy. When multiple versions of him killed the council it made me jump. That was really cool.

Yeah, I was surprised. That was all different from the books, right? Pyat Pree is AMAZING! So much creepier than in the books. I can't wait for the HotU hopefully next week!

Quote:
Ygritte said "You know nothing, Jon Snow." Yay I was so waiting for that because it's her catchphrase from the books. So excited to see Rattleshirt and the rest of the wildlings next episode.

Photo, not spoiler:

Spoiler:

That line drove my husband nuts in the books but I loved it, so after she said it he turned to me and said very bitterly, "Are you happy now?"

Quote:
LOVED the Tyrion and Cersei scene. It was in the books from what I remember but they depicted it perfectly and actually made me feel for Cersei.

Yeah, I think it was. Either way, it was a fantastic scene. Probably my next favorite after the "was there ever any hope for us" scene with her and Robert in season one. I really actually like Cersei and I think I like her so much more because of Lena Headey's amazing portrayal of her. The part where she started to cry a little was amazing, and Tyrion just didn't know what to do with himself. Brilliantly acted!

Quote:
Really great to see Jaime again. He's defintely been missed. Loved his dialogue with Brienne, and Catelyn calling him the kingslayer because that is pretty much the bane of his existence, moreso than the rumor about him bearing children with his sister.

He said my favorite Jaime line tonight! The one about the vows. That was the turning point for me in the books where I started to kind of understand him a little. Loved that we got to spend a bit more time with him tonight.

Quote:
When Arya was eyeing Tywin's neck I was like nooo lol I'm starting to think Tywin does have an inkling who she might be and is just playing a weird little game with her. I just don't want it to end in his death because that does NOT happen in the books, because they haven't even met at this point.

I can't tell if he knows or not. I'm not sure whether he even knows Arya is missing, but I do think he must realize she's from a noble house at least. I can't decide whether I like that twist or not. My fear (with ASoS spoilers)
Spoiler:

with the way things are shaping up, is that they will have Arya kill Tywin and Tyrion kill Joffrey. Aside from them making a big deal of Arya constantly scoping out opportunities to kill Tywin, he clearly knows she's not who she says she is, and if he figures out who she is, she'd almost have no choice but to kill him. I can't see the point of all of it otherwise, though I hope I'm wrong. Plus, they haven't even mentioned there being any Northmen imprisoned there. Meanwhile, they have made a pretty big deal about what a monster Joffrey is--even more than in the books--and Tyrion is always slapping him around. I don't recall if Cersei admitted what a monster he was in the books--at least to that extent. So, I feel like they're priming us for Tyrion to kill him instead of him being poisoned, especially because they're allying Margaery with Petyr, which seems like it would sort of cancel out the need for her grandmother later on, and unless they have Joffrey's death be a plot between Margaery and Petyr instead, he'd almost have to be killed by Tyrion.

Okay, onto Karolina's post!

Quote:
... the Hound ratting Sansa off to Cercei?? Nononono, that never happened!! Why-oh-why do they have to spoil my favourite ship? No fair!!! Especially since, only a moment prior to that scene, he basically told Sansa that he would keep her safe from Joffrey in the future.

I thought that, too, the first time through, but the second time through I realized that we don't really know that he told Cersei. They imply it because he discovers her, but we never see him tell her and she doesn't say he did. The other handmaiden could still have been the one to rat Sansa out. And, even if The Hound did tell her, I'm okay with that because he knows that the safest course of action for her is to play by the rules. He knows that if she is caught lying about something like that, it's going to cause her more harm than good, and could possibly even cost her her life. Also, if he is caught keeping that kind of secret, he risks being removed from the one place where he can do something to protect her. That's how I see it, at least.

Quote:
I'm not sure if I like the fact that Cersei seems to be a lot more "human" on the show than she is in the books though. So far, she's been a real cold-blooded b**** in the books and I liked her that way.

Yeah--from the perspective of knowing that a lot of viewers haven't read the books, I don't like it, because they're not getting as much of a sense of how hard Cersei actually is. But, at the same time I do kind of like seeing this side of her that we catch rare glimpses of in the books.

Quote:
I also don't like how they make Ygritte talk like a slut all the time. I like her better in the books

YES! It is bugging me, too. At first the banter was kind of funny, but then she just kept at it and at it and at it.

Quote:
They seem to have re-cast the actor who plays Gregor Clegane. That wasn't the same actor as in S1, was it?

They apparently re-cast him due to scheduling conflicts with the season one actor. I don't think this guy has quite the evil look about him that the other guy did.

Quote:
Jaime is such a BAMF! ("Brienne!" - "No, that wasn't his name!")

That was so awesome! I can't help it. I love him.

Quote:
Why did Theon look so shocked when he presented the bodies of "Bran & Rickon" to the people of Winterfell?? I mean, he's lying to them about it - at least in the books - so why would he be so shocked?

I'm not really sure what that was about. I don't know whether he looked baffled or was stunned by his own evil and treachery. Either way, I was so excited when I "watched it" with my mom (I say "watched" because she lives 2,000 miles away so we sync our DVRs and talk on the phone while we watch ) because I wanted to see what her reaction to that scene would be and it was just crickets! Finally she said she knew it wasn't them because they have too much development going on. LOL! I tried to convince her that it was but she never bought it. Then she said what also tipped her off was that Theon looked really shifty and reminded her of Jon Lovitz and his pathological liar sketch on Saturday Night Live: "Yeah, that's the ticket!"

On a couple of forums I've seen people theorizing that the guy with Theon, who's giving him advice and whatnot, is actually Ramsay Bolton. I hate that theory and I really hope it isn't true. But it does make me wonder if maybe Theon *was* baffled, because maybe he didn't expect the kids to be dead, and maybe it was that guy who took it so far. Although, it seems unlikely they could have done that without him knowing about it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:

Quote:

Photo, not spoiler:

Spoiler:

That line drove my husband nuts in the books but I loved it, so after she said it he turned to me and said very bitterly, "Are you happy now?"

I totally saw that picspam already and thought it was absolutely hilarious. Love seeing it again though That's really funny about your husband too lol

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I think it was. Either way, it was a fantastic scene. Probably my next favorite after the "was there ever any hope for us" scene with her and Robert in season one. I really actually like Cersei and I think I like her so much more because of Lena Headey's amazing portrayal of her. The part where she started to cry a little was amazing, and Tyrion just didn't know what to do with himself. Brilliantly acted!

Definetly! Like I said before on this thread, not sure it was to you or Karolina they are really trying to humanise Cersei, moreso on the show than in the books which is okay by me because I always thought she was a bit too much of a villain in the books anyway.

Quote:
Quote:

He said my favorite Jaime line tonight! The one about the vows. That was the turning point for me in the books where I started to kind of understand him a little. Loved that we got to spend a bit more time with him tonight.

I can't believe they had him kill his own cousin just to get away. Was expecting them to start to humanise him more now, which we were getting, but then he murders the poor guy lol *sigh* There's a certain character I can't wait for Jaime to be paired with.

Quote:

I can't tell if he knows or not. I'm not sure whether he even knows Arya is missing, but I do think he must realize she's from a noble house at least. I can't decide whether I like that twist or not. My fear (with ASoS spoilers)
Spoiler:

with the way things are shaping up, is that they will have Arya kill Tywin and Tyrion kill Joffrey. Aside from them making a big deal of Arya constantly scoping out opportunities to kill Tywin, he clearly knows she's not who she says she is, and if he figures out who she is, she'd almost have no choice but to kill him. I can't see the point of all of it otherwise, though I hope I'm wrong. Plus, they haven't even mentioned there being any Northmen imprisoned there. Meanwhile, they have made a pretty big deal about what a monster Joffrey is--even more than in the books--and Tyrion is always slapping him around. I don't recall if Cersei admitted what a monster he was in the books--at least to that extent. So, I feel like they're priming us for Tyrion to kill him instead of him being poisoned, especially because they're allying Margaery with Petyr, which seems like it would sort of cancel out the need for her grandmother later on, and unless they have Joffrey's death be a plot between Margaery and Petyr instead, he'd almost have to be killed by Tyrion.

Spoiler:

That's a good point about the northmen! Oh dear that has me worried now. Hopefully they are just simplifying that storyline somehow..

My crackpot theory of the week is that Littlefinger is going to attempt to rescue Arya, either for loyalty to Catelyn, or because of (spoiler for the third book)
Spoiler:

the exchange of Jaime for Arya and Sansa, and then presumably it all goes belly up and she ends up with the Hound like normal.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd push Karolina to another post. We do enough chatting for 10 people and I love it lol

KajaM wrote:
Excuse me, I'm having a bit of a Mad!Fangirl moment here:

Ohhhnooonooonoooonoo! What the hell was that all about?

As much as I like some of the things they've changed from the book (e.g. Arya & Tywin), some changes I simply hate, like...

The Hound is a really complicated character.. he may have affection for her but he is doing everything in his power to reject that. I wouldn't say that goes against the Hound's character as he definetly takes pleasure from making Sansa see the harsh truths of life and things like that.

Quote:

He looks like a beanpole and seems to be talking a few octaves lower than he normally talks which makes him sound weird. The other actor did fit the role a lot better. The Mountain is not a big character in the books fortunately, no pun intended so it's not such a big deal Damn did it again.

Quote:
I'm confused though:

I think
Spoiler:

he is shocked at his own actions in murdering a couple of innocent boys, regardless of the fact they aren't Bran or Rickon.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought that, too, the first time through, but the second time through I realized that we don't really know that he told Cersei. They imply it because he discovers her, but we never see him tell her and she doesn't say he did. The other handmaiden could still have been the one to rat Sansa out. And, even if The Hound did tell her, I'm okay with that because he knows that the safest course of action for her is to play by the rules. He knows that if she is caught lying about something like that, it's going to cause her more harm than good, and could possibly even cost her her life. Also, if he is caught keeping that kind of secret, he risks being removed from the one place where he can do something to protect her. That's how I see it, at least.

Hmm, yeah, that makes sense
It might have still been the other handmaid, and even IF it was the Hound who ratted Sansa out, it was good and wise to tell it to Cersei rather than Joffrey himself. Cersei is, like we all noticed, a lot more human on the show than she is in the books and while that still won't help Sansa much, at least Cersei'll feel for the girl... because she's been married to a man she never loved and who never gave much of a damn about her. So she knows what it'll feel like for her.
(Well, not that I think Sandor would've told Joffrey in first place. He hates him like hell - umm, fire - that's pretty obvious)

Quote:
He looks like a beanpole and seems to be talking a few octaves lower than he normally talks which makes him sound weird. The other actor did fit the role a lot better. The Mountain is not a big character in the books fortunately, no pun intended so it's not such a big deal Damn did it again.

I liked the guy from S1 better, too.
I mean, he was actually too "small" to be the Mountain (he was smaller than Sandor if I remember correctly) but he had this immense rage and fury written all over his face. The new guy looks and talks like a big troll

Quote:
There's a certain character I can't wait for Jaime to be paired with.

Spoiler:

Eeeeeee!!!
Jaime & Brienne!!! <3<3<3<3<3
I was just reading that part last night where the two were sword-fighting and wrestling all over the place. That was hilarious!!! I so hope they won't cut that scene from the show! I love their snarky conversations so much! OTP!!!!

Oh, and one more thing about book 3:

Spoiler:

Poor Sansa!!!!
The Tyrells want to wed her off to Willas and now the Lannisters want Tyrion to marry her. I bet Catelyn will come up with an idea of her own, too.
How much more does the poor girl have to suffer through?

(I mean, Tyrion probably wouldn't treat her badly, but can you imagine Sansa being married to him???? )

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my book 3 reading:

Spoiler:

Ah gods, so Sansa is now married to Tyrion. She's not too happy about that, the little bird. Well, at least he's the only decent Lannister and I was very glad and relieved that he didn't force her to "consummate marriage" with him. For a second I was afraid he would - though I didn't truly believe it - but luckily he didn't. I hope he'll protect her and keep her safe from Joffrey though. It was creepy as hell when Joffrey told her at the "wedding" that he would have her anyway if he wanted to. Die, Joffrey, die!!!!

This whole teeny-ish and hormonal storyline of Jon's and Ygritte's is getting on my nerves. I hope they'll move on soon

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Spoiler:

Eeeeeee!!!
Jaime & Brienne!!! <3<3<3<3<3
I was just reading that part last night where the two were sword-fighting and wrestling all over the place. That was hilarious!!! I so hope they won't cut that scene from the show! I love their snarky conversations so much! OTP!!!!

Spoiler:

Jaime and Brienne are amazing together. They are my OTP from the books even though they don't really have a sexual thing going on which is weird. I suppose they are similar to Sansa and The Hound in that way. I'm so excited for them to finally end up stuck with each other on the show.

Sansa:

Spoiler:

Willas sounds pretty nice from what we hear even though he is a cripple. At least they are of an age. I was really cringing when Tyrion was about to consummate their marriage. Have you met the Queen of Thorns yet? I can't get enough of her. She's awesome.

Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeeeeeee!

Spoiler:

Jamie and Brienne! <3

Oh, and I was soooo freaked after Tyrion and Sansa's wedding. I was so glad that nothing happened!

Good thought on why Theon had that funny look on his face, Paul.

Really interesting theory about what may happen with Littlefinger/Cat/Arya.

LOVE the QoT!!! <3

So, I got caught in a theory loop last night. Karolina, I'm excited for you to get caught up to the end so the three of us can do some speculating. There are so many crazy interesting theories out there!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not done either, Julia. I'm loving Dance with Dragons so far, just savouring it because I know there's no more afterwards. I'm still only abut a third of the way through.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Spoiler:

Jaime and Brienne are amazing together. They are my OTP from the books even though they don't really have a sexual thing going on which is weird. I suppose they are similar to Sansa and The Hound in that way. I'm so excited for them to finally end up stuck with each other on the show.

Spoiler:

They would make such a wonderful queer couple!

I've just read the part where you find out that the Mummers have chopped off Jaime's hand. I was all like I was feeling for him and suffering along with him so badly!!
I never would've thought so but he is slowly becoming a favourite of mine! I love his snarky comments, but you can also see that he does have a good heart deep down inside, the way he's trying to protect Brienne from being raped.

I should also add that I think that Jaime and Brienne were excellently cast! I can SO see both of them while reading book 3

Quote:
Spoiler:

Have you met the Queen of Thorns yet? I can't get enough of her. She's awesome.

Spoiler:

Is that Margaery's grandmother? If so, she only had a brief appearance so far, when the Tyrells were discussing marrying Sansa off to Willas. She seems to be a bit of a BAMF I'm sure looking forward to reading more about her!

Oh, and also:

Spoiler:

OMG, the Old Bear is dead!!!!
That massacre at Craster's home was a real shock! Poor Sam! I think he'll have to take care of Gilly now, right?

Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaay!

Karolina, I did the exact same thing with Jaime!

Paul, I don't know why I thought you had finished book five. Well, I'll be glad when you're both done, then. I love talking about it all so much!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler pic from episode 9:

Spoiler:

Bronn versus Stannis and his army:

Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: