Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sony Vegas feat. a beginner's tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 hours?? That's long!! The big version usually takes my computer 1 hour to render and the small one about 15-20 minutes... did you try changing your setting so it makes a small version instead?
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

512 kbps WMV is the setting I always use. I find that gives a pretty good balance between quality and size. So far it's been taking me about 10 - 15 minutes or less to render, depending on the length of the vid.

Something that I know will make the rendering take longer is using multiple audio and video tracks. So if you've got all three video tracks pretty full, and all three of the audio ones as well, the longer the rendering will take.

20 hours seems pretty excessive, though, unless you've got a long song, with lots of tracks and are rendering at a high compression rate. Hope you get it all figured out so we can see your vid soon!
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! I had left the sound going after the song had finished, thats why it was 20 hours rendering because the videa was 42 minutes! I fixed it though and now its only 4 mins

Uploading it to LVI today and theres a special mention at the end for some people....

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof

Last edited by IntoTheVoid on Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm very new to Vegas 6.0..I'm having a problem where a lot of my media clips are different sizes. But even when they're the same like 360X240, some will get black bars around them when placed on the timeline & others won't. It makes fading/ transitions a mess.. Any way to compensate for all the different sizes? Simply changing it in pan/crop doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Thanks!
~banshee
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, banshee! I'm using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6.0 so I assume that a lot of the things will be the same as the full version of 6.0. Hopefully this part works the same anyway!

What I recently did was use SVMS to correct the ratios on a couple of clips in that same way that I think you mean. What I discovered is that if you pick the ratio that you want and set it in the project properties (under File -- Properties, then use the little folder icon to the right and pick one of your clips that has the ratio you want to keep) it will then set the whole project to that ratio.

After you've done that, go to all of your other clips that are out of ratio with that, open the pan/crop tool, right click on the picture and one of the options that comes up says something like "Match Output Source." Click that and it should put your clip in that same ratio. If it should be cutting something out that you didn't want it to, you can slide it over to include it.

Hopefully that helps! I'm still pretty new to Vegas myself so I'm still stumbling across this things as I go! Good luck with it!
banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Hi again, banshee! I'm using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6.0 so I assume that a lot of the things will be the same as the full version of 6.0. Hopefully this part works the same anyway!

What I recently did was use SVMS to correct the ratios on a couple of clips in that same way that I think you mean. What I discovered is that if you pick the ratio that you want and set it in the project properties (under File -- Properties, then use the little folder icon to the right and pick one of your clips that has the ratio you want to keep) it will then set the whole project to that ratio.

After you've done that, go to all of your other clips that are out of ratio with that, open the pan/crop tool, right click on the picture and one of the options that comes up says something like "Match Output Source." Click that and it should put your clip in that same ratio. If it should be cutting something out that you didn't want it to, you can slide it over to include it.

Hopefully that helps! I'm still pretty new to Vegas myself so I'm still stumbling across this things as I go! Good luck with it!
*waves to Aislynn*

You're brilliant! It worked ..that's been holding me back from getting anything done.

If I may ask one more silly q for the day...I'll put clips on the timeline & it automatically inserts fade in/out from black on the
beg & end of each clip (my default I presume). Even if I replace that with say a flash, it'll go clip #1~>flash~>black~>clip #2, when I just want clip #1~>flash~>clip #2. How do you fix that?

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your help. I think after correcting these couple things I'll be good to go. Oddly I know how to do more fancy things like PIP, split screen & cookie cutter before some of the basics LOL.

cheers-banshee
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banshee wrote:
If I may ask one more silly q for the day...I'll put clips on the timeline & it automatically inserts fade in/out from black on the
beg & end of each clip (my default I presume). Even if I replace that with say a flash, it'll go clip #1~>flash~>black~>clip #2, when I just want clip #1~>flash~>clip #2. How do you fix that?

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your help. I think after correcting these couple things I'll be good to go. Oddly I know how to do more fancy things like PIP, split screen & cookie cutter before some of the basics LOL.

Good for you knowing PIP and all that! I still am totally befuddled by almost all of it!

As for your question, yes, the auto fade is on but I'm not sure how you turn it off! Let me go have a look!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I found a few things mentioning automation but it's only for the full version of Vegas (mine's the "baby" verison, Vegas Movie Studio, as I said earlier ) so it's not something that I can play around with and see how it works, unfortunately.

Until somebody else passes through here and knows the proper answer, my best suggestion is to use the Help feature and search out anything you can find about automatic crossfades or fades to black. Something might pop out for you. I'd also have a look at everything that's up on the screen while you've got your project up. Touch every button and blip and see if it'll tell you its name. You might stumble across the answer that way too...

Sorry I can't be of better help on this one! I'm sure there's a way to change that, it's just finding it, you know...

And don't you worry, there's NO such thing as a silly question when you're trying to learn something as complicated as Vegas!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is an automatic crossfade button right at the toolbar above the general working area How exactly it works and gears thigns... I don't know but I suspect you can set the fades to be a certain length by using the project settings.
If not, then the rtegular ol' hand-made crossfades aren't too bad. They give you that nice control that a vidder needs so desperately
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the best settings to do a high quality file in divx or wmv or what and what settings? :/

Another new tip I learnt in Vegas. Using the selection tool like the lil dotted thing in photoshop you can select multiple clips and drag them around. It makes it a lot easier.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question...I have Sony Vegas 6 but i don't know how to make the clip from 50MB to 20Mb for example...can somebody help me please?
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please someone help me because the video is ready and i have to save it....
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borislava wrote:
I have a question...I have Sony Vegas 6 but i don't know how to make the clip from 50MB to 20Mb for example...can somebody help me please?

Do you mean you don't know how to save it in a size that is about 20MB or so in size? If so, then I suggest you render your video in WMV 512 kb/s (or whatever it is 512 is the important thing lol) and it should turn out around 10-20 MB, which is a good reasonable size. If you want it a little bigger, then I'm no help, and you'll just have to experiement with it yourself
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much,Hobbes!!!It worked
And i have one more question.I have saved a video but it doesn't work... it shows only a black screen and it has become from 4:30min to 8 min...how does that happen?any ideas how to render the video?
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Good to hear it worked!

Did you accidentally put a frame or soound byte on the 8-minute spot? Is there any video in it, or is it all black?
(Is this a seperate video, or the same one btw? lol because in that case it didn't work...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 5 of 53

Jump to: