Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fringe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivia is pointless! My friend and I were talking about her today, and she's always the one who has to ask what something means and who doesn't know what's going on....yet they still put her on this case? And she also has no emotions, apparently.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Olivia is pointless! My friend and I were talking about her today, and she's always the one who has to ask what something means and who doesn't know what's going on....yet they still put her on this case?

lmao; that's so true :S:S usually they have a side-kick or someone to ask the questions for the audience to get the info; but the main character??? come one.

HobbitRockGod wrote:
And she also has no emotions, apparently.

Except teary-eyes. And every emotion she has apparently needs teary-eyes. Happy, sad, angry, etc :S come on; your an FBI AGENT! Stop crying! :S:S:S

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Kat!

Yeah, it's either teary-eyed or 'intense, inquisitive stare'. As well as 'pouty lips'. Those seem like the only 3 looks she has.

Seriously, does she just not emote or is she boxtoxed out of her mind? Yeah...she bugs. I don't even think the character is all that interesting. If they had a better actress, it might be tolerable, but I don't even think the character is really written that well either...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watch last night?

Spoiler:

Bleeding eyes & exploding heads = YUCK

It also kind of dawned on me last night just how bad Anna Torv really is. I mean, I've always found her tolerable, but in last night's episode, she had so many emotional challenges and she was just so awful!! I think it's because she's so monotone - there's no fluctuation in the sound or pitch of her voice. She clearly doesn't know how to amp it up or inhabit her character entirely. It's really distracting, to be honest.

And that scene where she's trying to get the girl to take the medicine? There was like, NO HINT of desperation in her voice AT ALL!! It was like she didn't even care.....

I really don't understand why the producers of this show picked her. She's so freaking BORING.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah when she was telling that story about her father she had the chance to shine as an actress but she was flat like always :s
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was the other scene that bugged me Paul. She just seemed to speed through it, like she just wanted to get the big monologue overwith.

Seriously - you're telling a really emotionally difficult story!! How hard it is to take your time (because it's hard for you) and shed a few tears??

*facepalm*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Yeah when she was telling that story about her father she had the chance to shine as an actress but she was flat like always :s

LOL I actually watched it last night and then I remember during that scene why I had stopped....lol I can't get into this show.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really liked last night's episode. Lol, I dunno. Anna Torv does suck, but Walter and Peter make up for it, imo, cuz they're so hilarious! I think Olivia should die and Peter should take over the investigations...

But HEY, did anyone notice at the end, the card slipped under Olivia's door, apparently from her father? It didn't have a stamp or an address on it or anything. Creepy...

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivia's story reminded me soo much of Kate. And the part at the beginning reminded me of Maya from Heroes.

But this show gets better with each episode, imo! Peter is just awesome sauce and Walter is hilarious. ^_^ That latest eppy made me totally love the show....and now I have to wait 3 weeks for a new one!!

art by me&tammy
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for a bit of a better episode this week after having to wait so long for it... It was all right, we kinda got a little bit of backstory on Peter, which was cool. But Olivia's part in this ep was stupid and pointless. More so than usual, I mean.

Ah, I so love Peter, tho. Seriously, I felt so bad for him when he was being electrocuted and all!

...Oh yeah... I was hoping for a bit more when Peter called Walter "Daddy."

icon by becca
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got around to watching this episode last night, and yeah...it kind of sucked.

Spoiler:

The parasite thing on the heart? OMG EWWW!!! That was really yucky. Even though it was computer generated and obviously fake, it was still yucky! Blech!!

I seriously forwarded through all of Olivia's crap with that guy. I wasn't interested and it was boring.

Walter & Peter were awesome, as per usual. I loved when Walter kept asking Peter for gum or mints. And Peter's reaction after Walter gave him the sedative w/a euphoria enhancer? Wow...good job on Josh Jackson part!! I felt so bad when he accused Walter of experimenting on him when he was a kid....I really hope they explore that a bit more...

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spoiler:

I felt so bad when he accused Walter of experimenting on him when he was a kid....I really hope they explore that a bit more...

I hope so too! I'm really interested in the story between Peter and Walter... Not so much what Olivia's doing in Germany with that guy. He sucks. I didn't like him.

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivia and random guy: (make out)
Phone: Ring ring.
Olivia: Oh, I have to get this.
Random guy: I HATE whoever that is.
(It's Peter)
Me: How predictable. Of course they would hate each other.

I bet Walter DID experiment on Peter as a kid. I thought it was kind of odd that Peter mentioned it once, then totally....let...it...go? Why??

Still like the show a lot...but the episode was not so good....

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fringe came back tonight, summer programming over here it was the one with the woman who exploded in the cafe. anyhoo; i think i figured out another reason i hate olivia. she has the stupid questions. like this:

peter - 'it destroys all your organs'
olivia - 'meaning its fatal?'

DUH!!!! come on! I know programs need a character to ask the questions so the viewer knows what's going on but come on; there are smarter ways for her to explain it :S

and her whole explanation about her step-father and she shows no emotion. Peter had more emotion than she did. :S

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Kat!!

Yeah, Olivia does tend to ask the stupid questions. I dunno what's more fun about this show - the whole mystery surrounding Massive Dynamic or trying to figure out why they still keep Anna Torv around!!

I mean, I get the fact that Olivia is supposed to be this stoic, Clarice Starling/Dana Scully-ish skeptic person, but I think you can maintain that stoicism and still be emotional IF you're a good, capable actress. And Anna Torv isn't at all. She's pretty to look at and everything, but yeah, there's nothing there.

Though I dunno - she's sort of started to grow on me a bit. Even though I think Olivia is a really boring character and Anna Torv is a terrible actress, there's something about her I find kind of charming. I think I'd like her better if she was a model or something - something where she didn't have to open her mouth or convey emotion

I'm still digging the Bishops though! They're so awesome!! I'm really hoping that John Noble gets nominated for a Golden Globe or something - he's really super awesome on that show!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: