Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x11 - Cabin Fever Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrPepper
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
DrPepper wrote:
SuperKC wrote:
I thought she was dead when she said she was 'with' Christian.

Perhaps she just meant she's with him .. in the same room

Well obviously she is in the same room - that's not something she'd need to clarify to Locke.

I know that It was just a joke ^^

Quote:
She meant something else. She's down. She knows what's going on. She's not being held captive. Etc. Or maybe that she's crossed over.

Of course I agree with you. It wouldn't be LOST if she just meant she's with him in the same room

-=+=-[You can survive or you can die - either way you lose]-=+=-
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How weird would it be if Claire never dies and just is totally zoned out forever on the Island? Or if she does come back and Jack and Kate think she's dead that will be such a 'gasp' moment!
Tbh I don't think much would happen if the nation were to discover there was more than the Oceanic 6...so whats the real danger of their secret?

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I don't get why they're so secretive... Unless they don't want anyone going to the island?

art by me&tammy
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, aside from sparking a huge search for the island, and people thinking they're crazy ("polar bears?"), and loved ones of the Oceanic 815ers swarming them, and crimes each of them has committed on the island, there's the fact that the Oceanic 815 plane was found at the bottom of the ocean, and saying they simply fell out of the plane or whatever - and the body count of the wreckage was wrong - is MUCH more likely than saying the plane crashed on an island with polar bears and deadly black smoke.

Quote:

I am one of those people who is convinced that Claire is dead. I want to say she's been dead since her house blew up and now it's kind of a "The Sixth Sense" thing where she didn't actually know she was dead.
The evidence:
1. Claire's house blew up in a huge explosion that should have killed her.
2. She called for charlie suggesting that she saw him on the "other side"
3. When Sawyer asks her how she's feeling she says "a bit wobbly, but I'll live" and then Miles the ghost whisperer says "I wouldn't be too sure about that"
4. Miles the ghost whisperer begins to take special interest in Claire.
5. She was able to see Christian, who was confirmed dead by Darlton.
6. She is super duper freaky in the cabin.

Oooh, yeah, I like it! It's just subtle enough for them to pull it as a twist - therefore, it's probably right. lol

Though I have no problems with the scenario that Claire is alive, fully conscious/aware of her surroundings, and okay with the fact she's away from Aaron. I don't see that as an impossible character twist.

Also, I'm starting to think Claire is like... a holy mother or something. Just like in Carnivale - a "Vectorus"! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology_of_Carniv%C3%A0le

Quote:
At First: Thanks Hobbes Your post is so funny I enjoyed reading it ^^

Thanks! I try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DrPepper
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Claire died during the explosion. Sawyer carries her and how would he do that with a ghost? And they even talk to her and she carries the baby and stuff.

You know those films where poeple are dead without knowing it? ( the sixths ense). They walk around, doing stuff they've done by habit ... and the tv-viewer doesn't even know they are dead, but when he gets to know that those people were dead, then it's like: "RIGHT! That's why nobody looked in his eyes while talking to him .. because nobody could see him!"

But they can see Claire, they carry Claire ^^ And they talk to Claire .. so I don't think Claire is dead.

Perhaps Jacob-Christian told her something .. something like the one and only answer. Something like "the answer 42" .. something Locke wants to know since he's on the island ... an answer that clears up every question that the island gives us.

Or maybe she's stoned ^^

Btw. I so like the "new" Sawyer, who worries about the others... who asks Hurley if everything's alright and who takes care of Aaron

-=+=-[You can survive or you can die - either way you lose]-=+=-

Last edited by DrPepper on Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think the Losties off the island will end up believing both Claire and Jin are dead for some reason when in fact they are both very much alive on the island. I just don't buy Claire being dead it makes absolutely no sense unless she died when she waa taken.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Claire has been compromised in some way - brainwashed, not in her right state of mind, you know? I really don't think if she was herself she'd be happy with the situation.

Another theory I have is that Charlie is working for Jacob, as well as Christian, and can appear to Claire. Claire chooses to stay on the island to be with him.

Or I still think it could be that the Claire that Locke saw in the cabin wasn't Claire, but Jacob in Claire's form.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: