Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x13 - The Last Recruit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawyer needs to grieve Juliet. He obviously does, for instance when he sees the reunion of Jin and Jun, he's grieving Juliet in that moment.

Juliet decided to side with Jack BECAUSE of Sawyer. Jack didn't hold a gun to her head and force her to do anything. She did it on her own because she was afraid Sawyer wanted to go back to Kate, it was easier to never have them then to lose him.

Sawyer most likely found it a lot easier to blame Jack then himself. Sawyer took some responsibility when he told Kate it was his fault, but her staying didn't have anything to do with it.

He also found it easier to blame Jack because lets be honest, he HATES Jack. If Jack died,I don't think he would care. He hates Jack because Sawyer feels that Jack had everything handed to him on a silver platter. Sawyer was the poor girl who lost his mommy and daddy and Jack is the doctor who had the great life Sawyer never got to have.

Also when they all came back after 3 years, Sawyer only blamed Jack. Every chance he got he threw 'you shouldn't have come back' in Jack's face. He never yelled at anyone else, but Jack about it when everyone else was there with him. Bias behavior.

So I don't ever see them being friends. Jack has no real issues with Sawyer other then the fact that Sawyer doesn't like him.

Sawyer always has to find a way to push Jack's buttons.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
Sawyer was the poor girl who lost his mommy and daddy and Jack is the doctor who had the great life Sawyer never got to have.

*fangirl moment*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belle MacFarlane wrote:
Brooke wrote:
Sawyer was the poor girl who lost his mommy and daddy and Jack is the doctor who had the great life Sawyer never got to have.

*fangirl moment*

Oh my God. I just read what I wrote and laughed so hard because I said 'poor girl'. I didn't mean to do that.

And Doctor Who, lmao!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SawyerLittleton wrote:

Flocke was definately NOT Christian. Can't wait for the reveal.

You seem very sure I think you just need to accept this as an answer and move on. Like the whispers answer from last week it doesn't make absolute sense but it makes the MOST sense considering the other options.

LOL Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't see what Claire's done that's so crazy or especially not evil, as someone said earlier.... Granted, she tried to kill Kate. But she was angry and lonely and they all left her. Claire apologized and seems all right now, and Kate's not holding it against her. I don't think she seems crazy at all, really, she's just different.

Same with Sayid - he's not crazy, but definitely different, definitely darker, but not all gone.

And I think if they all left Claire behind again, she'd really go over the edge, and there'd be no saving her then. Which would be just really unfair if they did that, just cast her aside. Luckily, I don't think they're going to.

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. Claire is so not crazy. She's just sad, confused, and different. How's that so different from the rest of 'em? They've ALL changed....in particular Kate has changed a helluva lot from the kickass girl she was in S1. Sawyer's changed so much he should be like, falling off the boat because he's rocked back and forth between awesome and not so much. (NO idea where that metaphor came from....)

But yeah. Also? Um, have they seen the size of Claire. She's tiny. Any of them could take her down if they HAD to, but they won't have to, so all should be good.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
But yeah. Also? Um, have they seen the size of Claire. She's tiny. Any of them could take her down if they HAD to, but they won't have to, so all should be good.

Lol! I know, you look at her next to Sawyer or Hurley and she's pint sized Sawyer's anger, I don't mind so much, I see it as Juliet grief, but it breaks my ConMama heart especially since he cared for her so much in 4x09/4x10.

I said this to stacey yesterday, but as long as Emilie doesn't think Claire is completely crazy neither do I. And I will never find all the losties justified in leaving her. Sawyer, maybe, but Hurley just saw her again, the most he knows of her was that she hugged him. :S Jack, that's your sister, and Sun was her close friend on-island. Jack says go, and they don't even look back at her :S They dont even know that she's 'changed' :S They all abandoned her all over again without a second thought. That's infuriating to me. But then again, that's how they treat Claire in Lost :S

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you make of that squirrel baby thing then? That is not a crazy thing to do?
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think so; i thought it was creepy but more heartbreaking that she had to create something to love because she had no one.

blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy is in the eye of the beholder. Claire's technically not "crazy" unless she's been examined by a doctor and diagnosed with a disorder/disease and we all know that hasn't happened. If Claire was running around the jungle shamlessly naked, speaking in a made-up language to herself, and taming wild boars to do her bidding, then I might use the word crazy

I like putting apple sause on mash potatos, grilled cheese, and loads of other foods. You might call me crazy for doing that, but I think it tastes great!

Serena
art by: maja&tammy
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwolf1480 wrote:
I like putting apple sause on mash potatos, grilled cheese, and loads of other foods. You might call me crazy for doing that, but I think it tastes great!

Ah, Serena, you haven't been introduced to The Vermonter yet, have you? As the name implies, it's a common sandwich around these parts. Ham, fried apples, apple butter, melted cheddar cheese, and generally raisin bread or some other thick, grainy bread. You'd like it!

My bit of craziness: I never liked carbonated drinks, even as a kid. I still don't drink 'em. But this is afield.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Claire was and is still crazy, plain and simple.

Most likely Sawyer was afraid of her and afraid of what she would do. To be honest, I don't blame him. In the real world, you would not want someone crazy around their child.

Her feelings weren't hurt that they were leaving without her, she was upset that they were ditching Locke, she knew they were up to know good.

I think she might be detaching and fading from crazy, but she's not just going to realize "Wow, I'm crazy, I need to stop." That to me would be some awful writing. There is going to be more to Claire, and if there isn't. If they do that, without showing this development, that would be unfair to Emilie.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
Most likely Sawyer was afraid of her and afraid of what she would do. To be honest, I don't blame him. In the real world, you would not want someone crazy around their child.

Same read. She's an unknown variable (sorry, couldn't find a better word) to him. For all he knows, she too could turn to smoke and screw him up badly. To that end, I also agree with that train of thought of his per Sayid (despite favorites), because he doesn't know what Sayid can do in new-and-improved form and knows what he could do in old form. It's not the likable decision, but it is the smart one. (The same logic follows AltSayid's refusal to completely free AltJin in the storage room; I'm confused why people thought that was a jerk move. Giving him the tools to free himself and then clearing out was the smart move, too.)

Quote:
Her feelings weren't hurt that they were leaving without her, she was upset that they were ditching Locke, she knew they were up to know good.

Yup. Note that if she was upset that they were leaving without her, she would have been all 'Take me with you!' and she wasn't, if I recall. Instead, she was 'Why are you going? Don't go; he won't like it!' Totally different train of thought.

Quote:
I think she might be detaching and fading from crazy, but she's not just going to realize "Wow, I'm crazy, I need to stop." That to me would be some awful writing. There is going to be more to Claire, and if there isn't. If they do that, without showing this development, that would be unfair to Emilie.

Considering how scattershot the Jack/Claire stuff was this episode (neither Matt nor Emilie's fault; the writers' fault), I wouldn't be surprised if she did just suddenly realize that, though. Character consistency hasn't really been one of Lost's strong points.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:

Considering we have 4 eps left Brooke, I've resigned myself to the fact that this is what will happen. Like Kate said, its shoddy writing, but they will never give Claire enough screen time to have a proper development and a realistic return from her 'darkness'. With Danielle we got four seasons; Claire we get a handful of eps.

I dunno how Emilie stands it I know Dominic left because he wasn't getting enough screen time, I guess when emilie is off making awesome movies and stuff she doesn't mind coming back to Lost And they did give her the year off to make I think it was three films. but still, I want, and always will want, more Claire in Lost

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
What do you make of that squirrel baby thing then? That is not a crazy thing to do?

I never said she wasn't sad, lonely, and detached.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: