Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x03 - Further Instructions Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure if that was a good ep, or a bad ep
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait after collecting 9and checking out Sledgeweb's Lost Stuff I think I finally understand that whole Desmond / Hurley De Ja Vu moment . When Desmond said "Locke's gonna save Jack and Kate, he said so in his speech" "What Speech?" (paraphrasing) at first I just thought he was refering to what Locke had been saying to Charlie at some point (and maybe accepted he had some sort of mind-connection with Locke or something ) but no, it's better than that! He can see into the future! THAT's what the whole De Ja Vu thing and the camera closing on Desmond's face is about. Us losties got our own little future-telling Hero (and if anyone watches Heroes here, you will understand why I'm gonna call Desmond "Isaac" from now on.)

Wow... hmmm...

Well, Lost sure has taken a turn. Where that turn leads is the question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Not really sure if that was a good ep, or a bad ep

Or a Lost ep. lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Did we decide that after it airs then we can post spoilers un-blocked???
Spoiler:

From what I saw of the clips from Youtube, I was ECSTATIC that they are finally dealing with it. Boone has a score to settle, lol. Anyone else laugh their asses off when he said "oh whats that John? Oh I guess youll get your voice back when you have something worth saying."

I know *I* did!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC- I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Im so glad someone else caught that!!! LOL! I was like- didnt Charlie HELP Eko out in the season finale??? Yeah and then they (C&C) are acting like they didnt know what was going on??? The vision was cool, but really weird. Its nice to see Hobbes write some of those things...heh heh...
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in reference to the deja vu thing...

They never did out and out say that Desmond knew about Locke's speech before he actually gave it. The way that, for example, my deja vu happens (and it happens a lot ) is that I dream something...a seemingly normal conversation or actions and think nothing of them until I later find myself in the presence of the actual conversation I dreamed, sometimes a few hours, days, or even weeks later. Sometimes, I'm actually a participant in the conversation and when I try to change what I said in the dream so that it's not the same as what I say in real life...I'm unable to. So....

Is Desmond's "knowledge" of the speech actually deja vu and completely random and creepy, or did he have a premonition of the speech? If he had a premonition...any ideas why the writers would

a.) add something like this into the show
or
b.) choose Desmond, of all people, to have this "power"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the flashbacks were pants but I enjoyed the whole vision quest/search for Eko storyline with the awesome polarbear shots. Yeah I think Desmond had seen Locke's speech in the future. Nikki is hot I wonder what happened to the scene where they were having sex in Jack's tent? Looks like they scrapped that.

Next week's eppy.. looks absolutley amazing from the promos. Can't wait.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
KC- I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Im so glad someone else caught that!!! LOL! I was like- didnt Charlie HELP Eko out in the season finale??? Yeah and then they (C&C) are acting like they didnt know what was going on??? The vision was cool, but really weird. Its nice to see Hobbes write some of those things...heh heh...

LOL I'm glad you enjoyed it . I figured it's just better for me to say it than have someone else say it and everyone look to me, the "Locke fan" to defend the ep . This ep is kinda one of those moments I'm just gonna have to sorta... blot out of my memory... or at least all the bad parts of it. Anyone in on that whole Kate discussion thing where we were picking on Kate - yeah, I predicted I would have my commuppins. Now's my turn lol. As Ais said, sometimes you just have to close your eyes and plug your ears a bit . I didn't really have to before, but I'm poised with my hands at the sides of my head right now.

Quote:

Is Desmond's "knowledge" of the speech actually deja vu and completely random and creepy, or did he have a premonition of the speech? If he had a premonition...any ideas why the writers would

I'm the same way with Dejavus, but this one is different because we actually SAW Desmond recall his little vision (which he didn't realize he had) and then watch Hurley point out that his dream came true.

Quote:

a.) add something like this into the show
or
b.) choose Desmond, of all people, to have this "power"?

a) to compete with Heroes LOL - no, maybe it's just a small bit of the whole island theory. Or maybe a coincidence (that was a pretty broad premonition that Locke was gonna go after Jack and the others, after all)
b) Maybe that's just his special thing . Hurley's got the numbers, Claire's got the baby, and now Desmond has the premonitions.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premonitions do have a history on the show with the psychic and remember Walt with the whole "Don't open that thing mister Locke!" They can of course be explained away as coincidence so it's not total science fiction or out there to make Desmond psychic.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Next week's eppy.. looks absolutley amazing from the promos. Can't wait.

Am I with you, my brotha!

I'm only a little bit into the ep but I can tell you guys I'm *squeeing* from a purely selfish stand-point: it has some PERFECT scenes for my new vid!!! *jaw drops at how perfect*

*does happy vidding dance*

ETA: MORE PERFECT VIDDING SCENES!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!!! *dies from vidding happiness*

Gah, am I glad I didn't get too far along in this vid yet!

I'm going to be the only one who loves this ep, just because of how much it's helping my next vid (or 2, actually... ) along!

*needs to get back to watching the ep instead of stopping every 5 minutes to tell y'all how happy a viddergirl she is right now* Sorry.

Last edited by Aislynn on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:50 am; edited 3 times in total
lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my take on 2nights eppy was
1. Charlie's hair is lookin pretty bad these days
2. The whole locke taking up the entire eppy kind of annoyed me
3. Boone looked super good
4. Desmond looked GREAT all dirty and naked
5. the next episode looks FREAKING AMAZING!!!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Premonitions do have a history on the show with the psychic and remember Walt with the whole "Don't open that thing mister Locke!"

...I totally forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me...Desmond's thing makes much more sense, now!

Hobbes wrote:
I'm the same way with Dejavus, but this one is different because we actually SAW Desmond recall his little vision (which he didn't realize he had) and then watch Hurley point out that his dream came true.

...guess I hadn't ever thought of it that way... hmmm

Quote:
b) Maybe that's just his special thing . Hurley's got the numbers, Claire's got the baby, and now Desmond has the premonitions

since when is having a baby a special thing? Maybe the writers just miss Walt...

lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com wrote:
my take on 2nights eppy was
1. Charlie's hair is lookin pretty bad these days
2. The whole locke taking up the entire eppy kind of annoyed me
3. Boone looked super good
4. Desmond looked GREAT all dirty and naked
5. the next episode looks FREAKING AMAZING!!!

1. I know...my alter-ego Hairdresser Jen was positively puking at poor Dom Monaghan's unfortunate coif.
2. ...well...it was a Locke-centric episode, but I feel ya, because I can't stand him. I'm still holding a grudge that it's his fault my Lost Boyfriend died
3. Heck yes he did!
4. mmmmnewlostboyfriendinthemakingmmm...
5. I'm just excited that it's an episode in which Sawyer has to put up with the brunt of the Others' nastiness. I get bored with Sawyer really easily, and if Josh Holloway wasn't so darn good looking, I'd pretty much hate everything about Sawyer...
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like this episode. The on-island stuff was great, I didn't totally get the flashbacks though.

The Hurley & Desmond scenes were great.

Boone looked HOT!!! The whole part with him was really freaky, but cool.

Next week is gonna be AWESOME, poor Sawyer!!!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
I think I like this episode. The on-island stuff was great, I didn't totally get the flashbacks though.

The Hurley & Desmond scenes were great.

Boone looked HOT!!! The whole part with him was really freaky, but cool.

Next week is gonna be AWESOME, poor Sawyer!!!!!

*points* Yep, she's my homegirl.

Seriously, just finished the ep and I pretty much agree with everything Heather just said. The flashbacks were kinda predictable -- and where are they taking place in Locke's life? After the last bunch we saw? This is where he went after Helen turned him down?

I was really glad to see Boone, even though I've never been a huge Booneomanic (but I'm friends with many who are... ). The polar bear was scary (that was NOT my polar bear! My polar bear dances, drives a race car, sails a sail boat, wears sunglasses and is very friendly and approachable... ) but cool!

Mmm, Psychic Seeing The Future Naked Desmond... My favorite kind!

mistojen wrote:
I'm just excited that it's an episode in which Sawyer has to put up with the brunt of the Others' nastiness. I get bored with Sawyer really easily, and if Josh Holloway wasn't so darn good looking, I'd pretty much hate everything about Sawyer...

*clutches heart dramatically* I think I just died a tiny little bit there...

Hobbes wrote:
Anyone in on that whole Kate discussion thing where we were picking on Kate - yeah, I predicted I would have my commuppins. Now's my turn lol.

Well, you won't hear it from me. I was having my own Hurley deja vu moments where I actually saw scenes that I needed for my vid, which I thought I'd have to construct, TURN UP IN THE EP as if I'd ordered them!!!! *vidding squee*

So my overall opinion of the ep is totally colored by that fact, of course!

This might not be one of my most favoritest Lost eps EVA or anything like that, but I didn't hate it. It kept my attention for the most part and I'd rather see them trying some new things (and maybe thud resoundingly ) than for them to fall into a generic formula and just do the same show over and over again.

Is it pervy that I was disappointed they wimped out on the "introduction" to the new people that they'd first stated... Come on, that would've been new and different, eh? More than just running and up saying, "This is my line and I'm saying Hurley's name so that you'll believe I've really been here all along!"

Oh well, I guess that would've been too much skin for one show, considering Desmond was running around au naturale for a good part of his scenes...

I am SO glued to my chair for next week's ep!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were defintely shortchanged. I mean what kinda introduction is that? It's like they brushed over we had never seen them before. I was looking forward to the nookie scene too I think they are guest stars aren't they? so I suppose they won't be in every ep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: