Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Tonight I Wanna Cry" by Aislynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job auntie!!
Not really a country fan, but the vid came out pretty cool.

I know Au vid is a pain in the ass, but you pulled it off nicely.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicely? NICELY!?

It was peeeeerfeeect!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*squee!* Comments!

mistojen: Thanks, hon! Oh, I tell you, if you could ever get a hold of Sony Vegas Movie Studio, I KNOW you'd love it! (Okay, so first you'd look like but then as soon as you figured it out, it would be love! ) Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed the vid! Thanks again! *hugs*

Spiral Static: Woo, Date! I'm not very good at still graphics like that manip of Desmond and Kate, so I'm really glad to hear that it looked good to you! I've been trying to get better at it! And the lines about drinking and all that were what first made me think of Desmond, just 'cause I knew I'd have some shots of him drinking! Thanks so much for commenting!

Hobbes: w00t! Patented Hobbes Detailed Review, my favorite!!!! Thank you SO much for that! I love knowing which parts caught your eye! I really, really tried to use the beat as much as I could here without it being totally obvious I was doing it, so I'm so glad to hear I succeeded! And I'm so happy to hear that it tugged at the ol' heart-strings for you as well! *squee!!!* Thank you for the awesome review! *big hugs*

Borislava: Thank you! You know how I'm such a big fan of your vids, especially the ones with the LOTR music and audio clips! I really loved "Death Is Not The End!" I'm so glad that you liked this vid of mine! Thank you!

oceanicflight: Thank you! Is this the scene you're talking about?

That's from Season 1, Ep 22 "Born To Run." Hope that helps! Thanks again for commenting!

rbexter93: Aw, thank you! I really wanted their scenes together to look as real as I could get them... Especially since I think pretty much their only real scene is where he's holding a gun on her and having Locke throw her in the closet! (Guess I'll save that for the big, angsty Desmond/Kate/Locke triangle vid down the line, lol! ) Thanks again!

Marcus: Whoa, I didn't think anything could beat "Stockholm Syndrome" for you! But of course we know that NO AU ship can ever beat Hurlielle! I'm glad this one came in second place, though!

The "now you're gone" effect came about mostly from luck. That shot of Kate with the record player ended with her walking out of the frame, giving me the chance to grab a screencap of the scene without her in it. So then it was just a matter of picking the scene with her in it that I wanted to screencap, then doing a dissolve between the two stills. Voila! Instant disappearing Kate! Thanks for commenting! *squeezy hugs*

Shankle: Yay! I'm so glad that you liked it! And said so in such pretty colors, too! Woo! Thank you! *Jedi apple hugs*

PsychoCynic: Aw, thanks! I did try to get the editing as squeaky clean as I possibly could! I'm really happy that it succeeded! And you really ought to give a Date vid a chance! I'd love to see what you would come up with! Of course, you can't neglect that Eclaire vid! Thanks again!

Midnight_Star : Thank you! That wine bottle effect was actually my first time to try using 3 video tracks at one time: the wine bottle pic I mocked up, the clip of Des drinking, then one more for the flash effect (I probably could've made that work on the original track but I was kinda scared to touch it once I got everything in place! ) And I'm glad the car scene worked, too! Thanks!

Poison Ivy: Aw, thank you! I really enjoyed your "Promise" vid! You did a great job of getting Kate into the original photo with Desmond! I tried but finally decided it would be easier just to make up a whole new pic! Thanks again!

KajaM: Awwwww! You know I couldn't have made it through without the magic Sawyerette-Dairette-Daterette pom-poms! They helped keep me going during the tough times when I'd get stuck! Thanks so much for all the pom-pom swinging and for taking time to comment! *Sawyerette-Dairette-Daterette hugs*

lostzilla: Naaaaate! *glomp* Glad you liked it (I warned you it was a country song... )! Thanks! *runs from across the room and glomps again*

Ed... My vid thanks you for defending its honor...

Thank you all SO much!

Last edited by Aislynn on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redhead
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so loving all the Desmond videos at the moment! Especially this one, because, DATE!!!! I really like your videos Aislynn, as they are unique and dare to do things that might not work such as the wine bottle effect (which did; fantastically)

Personally, I still like your Cry Me a River vid best since it was one of the first really good LOST vids that I saw, but this one comes a close second

Congratulations on the gold CP - totally deserved
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn you call that a list?! Where were the numbers?!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was incredible!! I love how well you matched the lyrics. It was like the song was meant for them! I can only feel sorry for the poor souls who will watch this video before seeing the show. They will be very confused because the AU was seamless.

Very impressed by the special effects... the eye at the start, the bottle, the split screens, Kate disapearing... incredible stuff. Congrats on another awesome vid! You made a Date shipper out of me!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redhead: Aw, thanks! I really appreciate all of the kind words. And I'm so tickled to hear that you still like "Cry Me A River!" Thank you so much!

Shankle: Well, technically it was more of an outline than a list... so hence, no numbers...

cylune: Oh, I'm all blushing now! That is really awesome of you to say that my AU was good enough that it would confuse people who hadn't seen the show! That's just about the absolute best compliment an AU vidder could ever hope for! Thanks so much!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
I can only feel sorry for the poor souls who will watch this video before seeing the show. They will be very confused because the AU was seamless.

...I definitely second that notion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwwwwww... *sniff* You guys are the best! *big, squeezy hugs*

Thank you!
LOST_Fanatic
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'm not really a Kate fan, so I don't normally watch music videos that focus on her, but I couldn't help but watch this one. "Tonight I Wanna Cry," has been my favorite Keith Urban so for sometime now. I can't ever get enough of it.

I have to say you did an excellent job on the video, I epecially love how you made Kate disapper out of the clip.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, LOST_Fanatic, for giving my vid a try despite not liking Kate vids! I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, that was AWESOME, Aislynn!!!

The scenes were edited so perfectly, looked like that was the way they really were. LOVE the picture of Desmond & Kate with the Sydney scene in the background. Great effects! And while I really don't like country music, the song went really well here.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Heather! I was sorta proud of that pic because manips aren't really my strong suit. So I'm very glad you liked it and the vid as well!

I haven't yet really mentioned how the song came about... I probably never would've heard it if it hadn't been on one of the "Now..." compilations. As I listened to it, I realized I could sorta see a vid in it, except it was for... Jack! But I figured I've already done the whole Angsty Jack thing and started wondering who else it could apply to. Then I listened to it again and when it got to the first "and I'm just drunk enough" I could just see Desmond taking a swig out of one of his (many ) bottles and so I thought... Desmond/Penny! But there have already been several really great Des/Pen vids and I wasn't sure I'd be bringing anything new to the table.

Which led me to my favorite "go-to" AU gal... Kate!

And then I nearly drove myself nutty trying to pull it off. But that's pretty standard when I'm vidding, I guess...

Anyway, thanks again!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! The disappearing of Kate was awesome and the scenes between Desmond and Kate interacting looked very real. Nice photo of them too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: