Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Lips of an Angel" by Michelina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable Michelina... I'm still totally amazed by how you managed to do that... and make it totally believable.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbizle: How many times did you use the word "awesome" in that paragraph, man? Jeez. Seriously though, THANK YOU! One of the best AUs you've seen - even in awhile - is quite the compliment, since I've got some serious, SERIOUS competition here.

You're right about the song - I tried cutting it like 1000x, but I eventually realized that I actually needed every second of it to get the story across, or else I'd be cramming things together. The super long music break was still a little too fast for my liking, but BAH, it's over and no way in hell am I going back to fix it, even if I'm extremely nitpicky about certain things. *glares at vid*

And YES, I totally went crazy with the flashbacks, and would occasionally get sidetracked by what an asshat Thomas was, but that's a whole other story. Yeah, I just had to crack and use the damn kiss, though. I felt kind of defeated when I did that, but a lot of people seem to like the confession sequence, so w00t! Yay for me being defeated.

cylune: Awww you're sweet, dude. Thank goodness you felt it was believable, or else this vid would look really silly, lmfao. Thanks again for your awesome comment at the C/C community!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this video! Its so cute and the song matches the video perfectly, i loved the part where Lucy was crying and it seemed as if she had found out about Charlies love for Claire!

From

Island Beauty
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Island Beauty wrote:
I love this video! Its so cute and the song matches the video perfectly, i loved the part where Lucy was crying and it seemed as if she had found out about Charlies love for Claire!

From

Island Beauty

Thanks, Island Beauty! I absolutely loved Lucy's character, so it was a little heartbreaking to do that, but yeah, she had to find out about Charlie's real feelings for Claire sometime, right? Thanks for watching, and welcome to LVI!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Lucy that much because i love pb&j too much!

I really fancy taking a crack at writing a fanfic for this vid! May i?

Island Beauty x
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Sure, that's awesome! I'd love to read it once you get it going. Wow, haha, that's so flattering. I love fanfics, and I'm very interested in seeing what you make out of this.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally bought most of the AU scenes and the ending was fantastic. Could do with less talkie scenes (where the characters start talking but you don't hear anything coming out their mouths.)

I loved the idea of Charlie having an illicit affair with Claire while they were both with their respective partners. Very nicely done!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that you left a comment; thank-you so much for watching!

Yeah, I tried to avoid the talkie-scenes; unfortunately, I was also trying to avoid using any clips from the island, so merely clips of various Charlie/Claire expressions were kind of limited in their flashbacks, which sucked. But, nevertheless, I'm glad this vid wasn't a dud to you, despite those instances with the talking. Oh, and thanks to the council for the CP! I was surprised.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hobbizle: How many times did you use the word "awesome" in that paragraph, man? Jeez. Wink Seriously though, THANK YOU! One of the best AUs you've seen - even in awhile - is quite the compliment, since I've got some serious, SERIOUS competition here.

LOL sorry I stop to search for a word to describe it and it just kept coming up to that I need a bigger vocabulary in the whole praising field.

Quote:
Yeah, I just had to crack and use the damn kiss, though. I felt kind of defeated when I did that, but a lot of people seem to like the confession sequence, so w00t! Yay for me being defeated.

LOL I had a feeling you weren't happy about using it, but I definitely appreciate how sparingly you used it. Nowadays shipper videos aren't judged on IF they use the kiss, they're judged on HOW I don't think I even remember one without it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the CP! It's very well deserved! *thumbs up*

I also subscribed to your vids today at Youtube.

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:
Hobbizle: How many times did you use the word "awesome" in that paragraph, man? Jeez. Wink Seriously though, THANK YOU! One of the best AUs you've seen - even in awhile - is quite the compliment, since I've got some serious, SERIOUS competition here.

LOL sorry I stop to search for a word to describe it and it just kept coming up to that I need a bigger vocabulary in the whole praising field.

Alternatives for "awesome": astounding, fantastic, great, breathtaking, exciting, spectacular, wonderful, beautiful, superb, eeeeeexcellent, amazing, outstanding, fabulous, unique, terrific, stunning... uuuhh... now I'm running out of vocabulary myself
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alternatives for "awesome": astounding, fantastic, great, breathtaking, exciting, spectacular, wonderful, beautiful, superb, eeeeeexcellent, amazing, outstanding, fabulous, unique, terrific, stunning...

Yup that pretty much sums up how I felt about this vid

Congrats on the Council Pick!

Also when watching the vid the part at 3:23 it cuts to Charlie and I think in the actual ep he was calling out Liam's name but in the vid to me it looks like he is saying to Claire " leave him" and then it cuts to her saying which looks like "it won't work" ... I don't know if that was your intention or not...maybe I'm just crazy but anyway I thought that was cool intentional or not

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
fallsofast
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg hi! I love you, I love you, I love you...and...did I mention I love you?

Alriiiiiiiight, I absolutely love this video even with my random blue clips in it and the fact that only one of them was used for a night time clip

Just so you know, this is the best going away/homecoming present EVERRRRR.

...there, I replied, are you happy now?
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes: Awwwww lmao, no worries; I was just messing with you. It's no problem, 'awesome' is satisying enough for me. Hell, a review alone makes me squee, heh.

And hummm, that's a very good point about the shipper vid/kiss comment. I imagine it's horrific when a shipper kiss is used the same way in each and every vid you get. *ponders* That's good to know for the future, if I ever decide to make another shipper video.

Karolina: I'm so flattered. Thanks for subscribing! I've been adding your vids to my favorites for most of today and yesterday, and I'm still not done, hee. And that list of adjectives made me giggle; did they come from the top of your head?

Sheree: Wow, thank-you! That Charlie/Claire "Leave him!" moment wasn't intended, you're right, but it's amazing how people can pick this stuff out, and how you can interpret the story in your own way. Thanks so much for watching/commenting!

Nicole: Um, yeah, HI. Lol, you already told me you loved this, like, 1000x, but I'm glad that you commented here anyway. Now I don't look like an idiot, since the person that this is dedicated to finally commented. Srsly, woman.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have to say once again how much I love this video. A lot. Can't quite count how many times I've watch it already.

Mettanna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Graet vid! Really well done with the 'storytelling'. I really liked the song too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: