Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Man in the Mirror" by Polarbear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Britt Britt
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Great job, though I find this good-natured Ben more creepy than the, well, creepy Ben. But uniting Juliet and her sister, aww. Ben telling Jack no one wants to see his beard is too fantastic

Oh, and I love the Ben and Charlie moment.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the new comments they're great and much appreciated!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

awww i love the good Ben! the manips were amazing Paul. I really liked him making dinner for everyone and reuniting des and penny And the best part of all helping out Rachel and letting Juliet go home Had me slightly teary at the aspect lol Just brilliant and well deserving of a Gold!
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

This is one of my fave MJ songs so I was pre-destined to love this vid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Awww, Paul. I'm impressed
I can't tell how much I loved this.
And Jack's beard - classic!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect job Paul! This is my fave in the comp so far! I just loved, how you could make me this interested, in a vid without using any effects at all. It really shows, what a talented vidder you are The idea was so cool, and new, and you edited the whole thing flawlessly. Just wonderful to wacth!
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why you're one of my favourite vidders ever. E-V-E-R. This was such an inventive and interesting video and it was absolutely brilliant to see Ben as the good guy for once! This video had such a happy and upbeat feel to it, and the manips were wonderfully done, considering the few effects you had to use for this contest. Amazing job, Paul -- really! Best of luck for the contest!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Aw, Pauly!! This is so lovely and CUTEEE. You totally made me like Ben, lol. All the manips fit together perfectly and the story you were telling here really made me smile. LOVED Ben making dinner for everyone Stunning. Wonderful job!!
Zolie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

This Ben is so cool, I want him as my neighbor. LOL
Great video!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

OMG PAUL! That video COMPLETELY rocked!!! That was such a fantastic idea!!! I was grinning and chuckling through the whole thing, and came out of it with a warm fuzzy feeling. If only this could be true!!! LOVED IT!!! Good luck in the contest, man!!!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Nice editing! I have to admit I had several laughs, The part where you showed Charlie's hand out like he was hungry (nice manip! haha!)... and I absolutely loved the part where Jack said "I'm thinking about growing a beard" and Ben replies, "I don't think that's something you want to see."
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Great vid, Paul! Cool to see Ben being so nice.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Ha this was fab Paul! Loved the whole idea of it with Ben being nice. The bit with Jack's beard was really funny and I loved them all going to Ben's house for tea and the bit with Widmore and the flower
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I loved nice!guy!Ben being so helpful and friendly, lol! My particular favorites were him cooking dinner for the gang, him helping Locke knock the plane over so Boone didn't get killed, and of course giving the flower to Widmore! Enjoyed it a lot!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Paul, this was really terrific, I absolutely loved this. Especially this song, it's one of my favorites! Your editing in this was really wonderfully done, and your clip choices were perfect, especially in your AU scenes! That scene of Ben giving a flower to Widmore was awesome! This was really creatively done, I love how you show Ben trying to change, that was great! Good luck in the contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: