Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU)" by Jo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

omg this is AMAZING!!!! just brilliant the manips are just perfect, this is one of the best videos i've watched, the storyline was fantastic and really beliveable you have to win the comp amazing job !
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow those manips were soo good great job Love that you had Skate end up together in the future through awesome manipping as a lot of the time it's Jate cause of what we've seen on the show. Had to read the notes to follow the story at some points but I usually have to do that lol Love this contest good luck!

So at the end..

Spoiler:

Jack ends up back on the island? How does killing him take him back to the island? Still love it though

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrecklesPhoenix wrote:
One comment on YouTube just isn't enough.

So, here it goes...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap that was amazing. Perhaps the BEST video I have ever seen. And that's saying something, because I've watched and voted on hundreds of videos. Perhaps thousands at this point. That was just incredible. Your manipulations were the best I've seen, I loved every one of them. The storyline was my favorite that I've ever seen (AU-wise, and maybe canon-wise as well) because it was so SUPER SKATE and anti Jack. Excellent. You really portrayed him perfectly. Such a jerk. This HAS to win the contest. It would be ridiculous if it didn't. You should be so proud. You definitely receive a gold from me.

WOW, thank you so much!

EMMALOUISE
wrote:
omg this is AMAZING!!!! just brilliant the manips are just perfect, this is one of the best videos i've watched, the storyline was fantastic and really beliveable you have to win the comp amazing job !

Thank you! I'm so glad you liked the manips!

Polarbear wrote:
Wow those manips were soo good great job Love that you had Skate end up together in the future through awesome manipping as a lot of the time it's Jate cause of what we've seen on the show. Had to read the notes to follow the story at some points but I usually have to do that lol Love this contest good luck!

So at the end..

Spoiler:

Jack ends up back on the island? How does killing him take him back to the island? Still love it though

Thanks! It's so cool that you liked the manips, yours are always so good!

Spoiler:

Yeah Jack dies, but I used that shot of him on the island to show that he did make it back, in a way, and came to know some sort of peace, just not in the way he'd been striving for. You'll notice, that in shiny island heaven, or whatever it is (hey, it's art, kind of, and should be open to interpretetation, right? ), the beard's gone. Because the beard is of the devil.

Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already bene said so yeah....what they said^

amazing job!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeedy it is! Thanks for clarifying makes more sense now.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

That severely kicked a*$. Severely!!! Holy moly, Jo! AMAZING!!! Not only did I exclaim out loud at one point, but I got goosebumps!!! I can't wait to show this to my husband. Awesome job! Good luck in the contest!!!

Edit: Hubby LOVED it!!!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY......BEJESUS!!!! I'm seriously just flabbergasted and was sat there the whole way through just like this with my jaw on the floor!!! Absolutely phenomenal work!! The story was so intense and you told it flawlessly. All your manips were just perfectly done and...just can't believe how real they looked!! And just WHOAH! at all those fast paced clips, I love how you used that sound on them too it just made it all the more intensely awesome! I'm really lost for words right now, I won't even attempt to pick out my favourite bit because...well, it's just impossible...it was all so mind-blowingly fantastic! Astonishing work! *10 minute applause* For sure gold, 5 star, added to fav.s etc. This is an actual masterpiece!!!

Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:
That severely kicked a*$. Severely!!! Holy moly, Jo! AMAZING!!! Not only did I exclaim out loud at one point, but I got goosebumps!!! I can't wait to show this to my husband. Awesome job! Good luck in the contest!!!

Edit: Hubby LOVED it!!!

Thanks, and omg, I love that your husband watches fanvids. Where can I get one of those?

emmasholi wrote:
HOLY......BEJESUS!!!! I'm seriously just flabbergasted and was sat there the whole way through just like this with my jaw on the floor!!! Absolutely phenomenal work!! The story was so intense and you told it flawlessly. All your manips were just perfectly done and...just can't believe how real they looked!! And just WHOAH! at all those fast paced clips, I love how you used that sound on them too it just made it all the more intensely awesome! I'm really lost for words right now, I won't even attempt to pick out my favourite bit because...well, it's just impossible...it was all so mind-blowingly fantastic! Astonishing work! *10 minute applause* For sure gold, 5 star, added to fav.s etc. This is an actual masterpiece!!!

Thank you so much, I realy appreciate it!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

Okay, this is my favorite video of this contest! Loved the beginning and ending with the very fast clips! Fantastic job on everything! Gold from me and good luck!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, why I haven't commented on this video sooner... Cause this is absolutely AMAZING! I don't think that I can find the words, to describe how perfect it was. The skate wedding (Squeee), and them having a baby... All those au scenes made my little skater heart, very happy My favorite part of the wedding scene was at 0:27 <33
I pretty much adored, everyone of your maniped scenes. Sawyer and Kate lying in bed together at 0:35, Sawyer and Kate on the beach at 0:41,
Ooo, and of course the whole storyline was fantastic!! Every part of this video was perfect. The coloring was gorgeous<33 Your beat use = OMG!!!!! I looooove watching au's with good beat use - it makes the whole thing, so much more interesting. And you didn't use to much of it, it was just the right amount
I don't even want to think about, how much time, you must have spend, making that ending, where we basicly saw, every clip of sawyer/jack/kate from all 5 seasons I mean, seriously... It must have taken you ages, to find all the scenes, and then after that, you also had to make them follow the beats 100%... WOW. I am just in some kind of shock, I guess Don't really know what to say - what you've done right here, is just amazing. This could easily win the award, of best video here at Lvi, next tournament I definitely think it could deserve it, anyway Goooold, gooold, gooold! And good luck in the contest - of course you're gonna do well!!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost-majs wrote:
I have no idea, why I haven't commented on this video sooner... Cause this is absolutely AMAZING! I don't think that I can find the words, to describe how perfect it was. The skate wedding (Squeee), and them having a baby... All those au scenes made my little skater heart, very happy My favorite part of the wedding scene was at 0:27 <33
I pretty much adored, everyone of your maniped scenes. Sawyer and Kate lying in bed together at 0:35, Sawyer and Kate on the beach at 0:41,
Ooo, and of course the whole storyline was fantastic!! Every part of this video was perfect. The coloring was gorgeous<33 Your beat use = OMG!!!!! I looooove watching au's with good beat use - it makes the whole thing, so much more interesting. And you didn't use to much of it, it was just the right amount
I don't even want to think about, how much time, you must have spend, making that ending, where we basicly saw, every clip of sawyer/jack/kate from all 5 seasons I mean, seriously... It must have taken you ages, to find all the scenes, and then after that, you also had to make them follow the beats 100%... WOW. I am just in some kind of shock, I guess Don't really know what to say - what you've done right here, is just amazing. This could easily win the award, of best video here at Lvi, next tournament I definitely think it could deserve it, anyway Goooold, gooold, gooold! And good luck in the contest - of course you're gonna do well!!

I'm so glad you liked it!

The whole thing was pretty time consuming. I started out making a Shannon AU, actually, where she went and shacked up with the guy from Smallville but started having flashes and seeing people, and reliving her own death, and all sorts of trippy things, but I got sidetracked, decided not to enter the contest... and then four days before the dealine, inspiration struck. *sigh* Ain't it always the way? And then when I was almost done (late, late at night, haha), I thought "Hey, it would be really cool to use the fast beat right here to flash through all the key triangle moments..." And it took for freaking ever. All those tiiiiiiiiny clips, and colouring and making the light match on each... Brrrr. Worth it, though. I've never recieved so much love for a vid before!

And the wedding is my favourite part, too! If only, huh?

1425 wrote:
Okay, this is my favorite video of this contest! Loved the beginning and ending with the very fast clips! Fantastic job on everything! Gold from me and good luck!

Thank you!

Last edited by Jo on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

O.M.G!!! That is one of the most amazing videos I have ever seen!!! I was hooked at the beginning with all the quick clips, then the storyline was outstanding, then WOW the beat use towards the end!!! Love it, love it, love it!!! Every one of your videos is amazing, I hope to see more from you in the future.
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

88 wrote:
O.M.G!!! That is one of the most amazing videos I have ever seen!!! I was hooked at the beginning with all the quick clips, then the storyline was outstanding, then WOW the beat use towards the end!!! Love it, love it, love it!!! Every one of your videos is amazing, I hope to see more from you in the future.

Thank you so much!
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. Amazing vid!!!
LOVED the storyline! And all the manipulations were just perfect!!
The beat use was awesome!! Loved all the fast clips in the end!!! Oh, and beautiful coloring!
Everything about this vid was just perfect!!!

_bel_
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

Just amazing! You really are becoming on of my favorite vidder here. lol
I'm always amazed at what you can do!
Great Job, your storyline was awesome and your beat use rocked, I loved the coloring and the overlays of memories were very cool! Your manips were perfect and so real looking! just all around a perfect vid!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: