Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x12 - There's No Place Like Home, Part 1 Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
nikkimonique wrote:
lol I suppose you are right...its so weird how time stand still on that show b/c my daughter was about the same age as Aaron in 2004 and now she's 4!

lol! hense the disposable Aaron's i love watching them tho. some have hair, some dont, some are chubbier than others, some are girls, i guess they figure; heck its a baby!

you know im betting you theres some really weird conspiracy theorists out there who say that its intentional and Aaron's like some shape-shifter from space or something.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was noone else underwhelmed by the episode as much as me? I think it's testament we don't have a great deal to talk about. I'm sure they'll bring it back in the next 2 hours as all the people are entering exciting situations right now but as a standalone hour of tv it was one of those episodes you didn't have to pay attention so much watching it which is not lost to me.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I actually loved this episode b/c I watch it more for the characters and the crazy island stuff is a nice bonus but episodes like this are my favorite... But thats just me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool Nikki. I like character stuff too but I think there have been a lot better character moments in past finales. I was wondering about Margo, Jack's mum.. she was kinda a bitch when we last saw her now she's all lovey dovey maybe she had a bad day? lol I remember everyone hating on her after White Rabbit.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there was a difference then. She's all lovey dovey because like everyone else, she thought she had lost her only son, and finding out he's alive AND seeing him is enough to make any mom forget about what a bitch she's been in the past.

I'm not underwhelmed, not in the least. The episode wasn't spectacular but it wasn't crappy. It was just right, and sometimes those are the best episodes.

I mean for me, I love having my questions answered, but at the same time, I LOVE it when they find out stuff that I've been wanting them to find out for a long time. Like in Par Avion, we finally discover with proof that Christian is Claire's dad, Claire and Jack are bro and sis, and since then I've had the ache that both of them NEED to know, and the fact that at least one of them now know just made a dream come true to me. I like watching as they find out the answers to their own questions, and when they discover stuff we already know.

You see alot of character development, for example with Sun and the new attitude toward her father. She has become stronger and more tough, a hardy Sun and I love it.

It's just the type of person you are and why you watch the show. We're all going to have the differing opinions of what is good, what is not, who is the best character, who's the worst. I'm an easily satisfied person, and I was very happy with this episode, and I know that the rest of this finale is going to top it off.

It's gonna suck waiting til next year.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"m an easily satisfied person to Erin....so I pretty much love them all! I've never disliked an episode and yeah I agree with you about Jack's mom...I wonder why Kate's step dad didn't show up? Maybe hes still angry with her.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the only thing I could think about with Kate's father not being there was to do with being away fighting or something
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was wondering about that too, I mean even her mom didn't show up, she didn't have anyone there for her. You would think, no matter how angry either of them were, that they would show up to see her, although with her mom's health in really bad condition, it could be understandable that she wouldn't/couldn't show up, but the stepdad?

Edit: Good point, with the war in Iraq going on, that could be possible.
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woow a great episode! I loved Sun. It's so nice that she finnaly says something to her father. I never liked him
And now Jack knows about him and Claire! I have been waiting for that since Par avion!
But I was hoping that Claire would find out too... She didn't
I loved the beginning and the end of the episode. And the flashforwards! They were really cool in this episode
I hope that nothing happen's to Desmond,Jin and Micheal on the boat cause I really love Desmond
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
So was noone else underwhelmed by the episode as much as me? I think it's testament we don't have a great deal to talk about. I'm sure they'll bring it back in the next 2 hours as all the people are entering exciting situations right now but as a standalone hour of tv it was one of those episodes you didn't have to pay attention so much watching it which is not lost to me.

Me. I was surprised at the lack of action but then I'm guessing its just building up for next week.

I didn't like the flashforwards too much..They were just meh. I was kinda underwhelmed with them reaching land also. I expected much better. Though I felt sorry for Kate.

Anyone else find the "story" of their survival slightly ridiculous? xD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I find the story of their survival slightly ridiculous.

I really liked this episode, myself. At the end I totally thought that room with all the C-4 was going to blow up with Des, Michael, and Jin in it.

And then I thought Keamy was going to kill Ben.. but then remembered we've seen him in the future.

What up with Richard and the other Others? They're dressed up like hobos again... And where are they taking Kate and Sayid?

And go Sayid for trusting Dan to take people to the boat. The people on the beach have been way annoying lately, with how they refuse to believe that Dan and Charlotte aren't going to kill them. But Sayid was all, "Okay, go ahead, help out." So yay for him.

And aww, Dan left Charlotte on the island! It was sad! I almost cried... Okay, no I didn't... But I was upset... Cuz I love those two together.

Aww again at Sayid and Nadia in the future!! They were soo cute! And now I'm sad cuz she dies...

Did anyone else feel like killing Kate when they asked her what it was like giving birth on the island? I was soooo mad!!! They could at least say Claire survived on the island long enough to give birth, but died so Kate had to take the baby. Instead, they're pretending she didn't exist.

OMG! It was awesome that Claire's mom told Jack about his relationship with Claire!! Haha, I bet he feels guilty now.

Man, I can't wait two weeks for the finale! How dare they do this to us??

icon by becca
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets emotional at these eps! LOL!

Those pictures of Claire and Aaron are hysterical! I never noticed any of the babies were *that* huge! Although, I've always thought he looks way older than he would be. I have a friend whose newborn was in an episode of Seventh Heaven, and it's insane the amount of hoops the show had to jump through just to have Sydney on there for two minutes. I'm guessing the "hoops" diminish with a baby's age, so that probably is why they use a much older baby.

I didn't find this episode to be underwhelming, but then I'm also one of the more easily satisfied viewers. I do think that they probably didn't want this episode to outshine the two hour finale, and also I'm thinking this was definitely used as build-up, to get all the pieces in place.

As far as their story goes, I think it's supposed to be ridiculous and unbelievable (from our standpoint) because they have to go to some ridiculous lengths to explain how these six people survived a plane crash that only two other people survived, and went on to survive on an island, etc.

As for Kate's story about giving birth to Aaron, I have a feeling that lie is part of the "big picture" we're not seeing yet, and part of the secret they're being forced to keep. I think it has to do with the fact that somebody *wants* Kate to raise Aaron, or for whatever reason does not want Claire's family to raise Aaron. Or something. In other words, I think there's a "big picture" when it comes to why Kate is raising Aaron. Either that, or maybe it really is all a ploy (on Kate's part) to keep herself out of prison. Only time will tell I suppose.

I am also wondering if the story told by the Oceanic rep. to the media is what Oceanic pieced together from what the O6 told them (as per whoever is forcing them to keep the secret) or whether Oceanic is somehow involved in the cover-up. Should be interesting to find out!!!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first I have to get this off my chest.

I can't stand that the Oceanic 6 are lying to everyone! It frustrates and enrages me to no end, especially the lies Kate is telling. Yeah, how do you pass off a 2 month old as a 5 week old? I can't believe how disrespectful she's being to Claire (or her memory) by pretending she never existed, and they're all being disrespectful to everyone who died on the island and/or are still on the island!! UGH! It may be all part of a "bigger picture" like Julia said, but that doesn't mean we have to like it....

Okay, anyway! ^_^ Other than the whole lying thing, I loved this ep! It was great!

I love hero!Sayid. He looked so heroic on that little raft coming onto the beach.

Seriously, where are the Others taking Sayid and Kate? Aren't their lives complicated enough?

Oooh, Michael/Sun reuinion...I hadn't even thought about that! Michael looked so surprised when Jin spoke English, lol!

Future Sun is awesome! Go her for standing up to her daddy!

From this episode, I'm pretty sure Jin is either dead or Sun thinks he is dead.

Sawyer is awesome for going after Jack, and now after Hurley! Yay for Sawyer being mature and heroic!

Juliet is awesome for letting Sun get on the raft first.

Dan is awesome for volunteering to take the Losties back to the boat.

Aww, the Charladay separation was so sad! (Yes...I thought my sister was going to cry at this part or something...or possibly explode.... )

Grr at no Claire in this ep.

I loved that Jack found out Claire was his sister! I felt soo terrible for Claire's mom. She didn't even know she was right next to her grandson....

I don't like Hurley's dad. He's obnoxious and has no people skills.

What's up with the whispers in Hurley's house?

I wonder if the C4 is going to blow up...I don't think I'd be very sad if Michael or Desmond died, but I want Jin to live!!

Lost, you've got some explaining to do next ep! I'm super excited!

art by me&tammy
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't believe how disrespectful she's being to Claire (or her memory) by pretending she never existed, and they're all being disrespectful to everyone who died on the island and/or are still on the island!! UGH!

We don't know the whole story yet...they might not have a choice . They may be forced to lie about it. We will just have to wait and see.

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:

I can't stand that the Oceanic 6 are lying to everyone! It frustrates and enrages me to no end, especially the lies Kate is telling. Yeah, how do you pass off a 2 month old as a 5 week old? I can't believe how disrespectful she's being to Claire (or her memory) by pretending she never existed, and they're all being disrespectful to everyone who died on the island and/or are still on the island!! UGH!

Hey Eryn, I understand how you feel, but I have a feeling that they were somehow forced into telling this story. None of them seem particularly happy about it, so I doubt it was just some decision they made. It may have to do with the Freighties or Widmore, or someone else. That's what I've always thought though. It never occurred to me that they'd just make it up. I dunno...There has to be some solid reason that they did it, a "I didn't have any other choice" type of reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: